Reply to Pushing yourself vs. Flowing with life

possibilities
By possibilities,
People who believe in rest and passivity as a way to live life are seriously, seriously misinformed about the constituents of reality. They're a physical body that is meant to move around and achieve actions, especially as a human being. A human being was never evolved to be a "rest guru" haha. There's one simple policy to me when it comes to action: rest between sets (i.e. like in weight training), that's it. Rest never becomes a set unto itself like many people make it. Having the need for rest as a philosophy is seriously indicative of health issues (i.e. lower levels of testosterone - which can be corrected these days with the right actions, etc so there's no excuse - although there's of course differences in ones potential here that doesn't mean someone with lower levels of testosterone has the right to make a philosophy out of being lazy simply because they're not motivated to do a lot of stuff) of one way or another that they justify with a "spiritual cultural norm". Oh my god there's nothing spiritual about sitting down and doing nothing, as a strategic imperative in between sets to aid the majority of your action taking sure, otherwise why even exist? The only logical choice to exist includes some kind of useful action that can be produced, no one in their right mind is going to be like "my reason for existence is to sit here and do nothing", that's just the devil talking.