Reply to The DPT Mega-Thread

outlandish
By outlandish,
DPT trip report: 29mg DPT HCl intranasal, administered at 9:50pm.  Powder is light and fluffy, nicer to snort than my 5-MeO-DMT. Two lines, two gentle sniffs to place each one up a nasal passage, without placing it in the back towards the throat. Turned the lights down low, kicked back in my reclining arm chair and let the DPT take over. Silent. None of the trembling or jitteriness that can be quite strong with DPT. Completely relaxed into it with no resistance. Some minor discomfort in the nasal passages as it absorbs, and had to resist the reflex to snort the loogie down. A bit distracting for the first 15-20mins, but nothing too bad. Some heat at the back of the neck, a phenomenon I remember from past trials with it. A few moments of deep stillness, standing at the edge of the precipice that 5-MeO-DMT takes you over so easily. "Oh yeah, that's over there" like being aware of a magnetic pole, without jumping in. I feel it could have gone there easily, especially with a higher dose. Mild visual patterning, typical of tryptamines (but normally absent in 5-MeO-DMT). Much more enthralling and interesting were the extremely vivid musical hallucinations, detailed psychedelic auditory soundscapes that interplayed with my awareness of them. I liked Leo's description of how DPT mind is like this thick, slow, penetrative process that lets you bore into a contemplation. The mind has some momentous weight to it, not flighty or fidgety, it's like the opposite of ADD. At about 1.5h in I needed to refuel as I was underfed and had done a pretty big run that day. Made some PB toast, which was neither enhanced nor repulsive, eating was just necessary and normal. Eating whilst tripping is sometimes a big challenge for me. At 2h was past the peak. Moved into the studio to take some notes, and managed to recreate IRL a somewhat satisfactory replica of one of the multitudinous sounds that had been so vivid earlier. There was some mild euphoria at this point. Had a cold IPA to help move towards sleepy-town as I needed to get up for work the next day. I drink pretty occasionally, but sometimes take a beer if I need to wind a trip down. DPT lasts longer than I had remembered, and was still very wired at this point. In bed at 2am. Still little bit wired, but sleep came easily after within about 30mins. Summary: Duration: About 30 mins comeup, 1-1.5h of peak, 2h of gentle comedown. Total about 4h.  29mg was a very medium dose. Will move up to ~50mg next time. I've taken DPT a handful of times, but not for many years. I can imagine pushing it up to about 80mg.  This trip didn't go really deep, but was entirely worthwhile. It's a great material for contemplation, and I gained creative inspiration. It was rich with auditory sensation. I would like to go deeper with a larger dose in the near future. DPT is a good one. Glad to have it in the toolkit, and that Leo has reminded us all about it. Next day I felt tired from a short sleep, but also energized and refreshed.