Enlightenment: Is There an End Game?

legendary
By legendary in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
Tom Campbell is a unique figure in modern spirituality, because he presents arcane metaphysical concepts in a very left-brained manner. He also talks about paranormal phenomena a lot. This is an interesting video of his, where he proposes that there is  no liberation, and that once you reduce your entropy sufficiently (i.e. dissolve your karma), there are still ways in which you can serve; if not in this reality, then in some other. Last weekend, I was at a meditation intensive with Jan Esmann. Jan is highly Self-realised, can awaken other people's Kundalini by simply looking at them, and describes his state as beyond Sahaja Samadhi (Stage 9/10 from the Ox-Herding pictures). He was asked what he thought about Tom's proposition. He said that it is probably true and that it is possible that one's consciousness is on a seemingly never ending journey. Later, he also said that he isn't 'done', and that he knows that he will be reborn again. I found this quite counter-intuitive and intriguing, so I thought I'd share this.
  • 54 replies