First shot at life purpose

Elisabeth
By Elisabeth in Life Purpose, Career, Entrepreneurship, Finance,
Yai!  I just figured out how my [scientific endeavors and love for abstract ideas] and my urgent wish to [leave all that behind and go work with people directly in a coaching or therapy style] fit nicely together into one driving force and one LP formulation. It's (so far) "Finding connections to open up new possibilities for people and the world at large to grow" A lot of science is about finding these parallels between different ideas, and about creating new stuff by connecting what's already there. If you find an idea, a bridge between two fields, an entirely new field grows out of that initial idea. Connection=link, combination. A lot of helping people is about pointing out connections which were invisible (enabling growth). Connection=understanding. And a lot of genuineness and healing and joy between people comes from authentic relating, in a relationship, we grow. Connection=relationship. And then you can network and "connect" different people so that they can work together, both of their needs are met, and they grow. I love the word connection (I had to use more nouns in my native language). And I enjoy all these areas. It's a somehow similar feeling really. (And there's even more to it, like spirituality being about connection too.) I know I have to get more specific with my work (I had a domain of mastery with theoretical physics, but it no longer suffices since I've realized all the other possibilities for discovery, growth, depth, connection, genuineness), but this is a great candidate for a guiding principle.  Love   End of rant. 
  • 8 replies