Games that have inspired you!

Principium Nexus
By Principium Nexus in Personal Development -- [Main],
Hello forum members, When I was younger I played a lot of Runescape; it is a massive online multiplayer game where you can do quests, fight monsters, do various skills, mini-games, etc, a big competitor at that time was World of Warcraft. The game has given me so many fun hours (probably spent too much playing it), being immersed in this world medieval world with dragons and many other fantasy animals stimulated by imagination a lot. The game had this huge map with all kind of exotic terrains and sceneries where you could travel to and this urge to explore and see so the diversity of life in the world has stayed ever since. One of the things has motivated me to learn everything was the variety of skills you could learn in the game.  If you were doing quests in the game you had to have some required skill (level) and would use these to solve puzzles, gather food, combat and much more. Quests therefor were also my favorite activity in the game, they enabled me to get to locations others couldn't wear special armor and create new ways to earn in-game money and at last were lots of fun! This relationship of learning new skills and becoming really good at them and broadening the number of new quests I could do a discover even more was my insight that this doesn't only apply for the game called Runescape. Real-life is really alike, quests can be seen as projects you want to do or job requirements or even skills to survive outdoor in the wild knowing how to fish or craft/build your own utilities or shelter. I also saw that learning a wide variety of fields will enable me to connect the dots of how the big picture comes together and understand what is important in a certain niche to actually pursue. Learning a niche is nice, you will learn in-depth details how things work, but often you learn many things you will never apply or don't see direct application for. Following this path of learning everything also put me onto the path of becoming a sage after I encountered @Leo Gura videos and forum. I feel a sense of fulfillment when helping others with my insight or understanding. I want to contribute to, create and discuss things in a valuable and knowledgeable manner. Getting every "skill" in life to 99 will probably take more than a lifetime but the goal is set  My main goals now are to learn and understand most of the mathematics so I can apply this in many things like probability and statistics, chemistry, physics, biology, computer science, art, philosophy, data analysis (big data to understand the growth of any system) and much more. I found out that learning mathematics and then creating projects using computer science/programming can be a great and fun way to learn and build many small projects that will in the end greatly help you in understanding all these topics and their correlations. Well, that was about it, how Runescape inspired me as a game till today. If you have any games that inspired you, as an artist, a developer, philosophical, whatever it might be, please share! Everyone likes a good game, which ones did leave you inspired or amazed the most.
  • 28 replies