The Sun, The Giver Of Life. Sun Worship.

Vinnie
By Vinnie,
I run just about every day. Hard. Or at least I think so. For over a year now, and some of my experiences while trying to shave off time have got me thinking... I know next to nothing about ancient cultures but I know some of them worshiped the sun and I can understand why... I can only imagine how harsh life must have been in days past and the immediate desperation to sustain yourself because perhaps your life is on the line. Not just food, but what makes life? What makes a plant grow? Water? OXYGEN? SUNLIGHT?  Breatharianism isn't just an idea to me , not that I'd do it at this point in time... People can't gaze into the sun because they're operating at a slower rate and they're unable to absorb the sheer ENERGY a star like our sun provides. When I've given it my all... When my focus starts to crack... And I have no choice but to continue... Slow down? No, how do I speed up? You start learning. Your body is intelligent and it has a memory that existed before you were born... And like an angels been sent from heaven, the clouds part and the rays that were piercing that blanket in the sky suddenly envelope everything. Intuitively my eyes lock onto that Singularity and I'm rejuvenated. I forget my body processes but I'm still moving, albeit a bit slower. The sun becomes my new point of focus and I feel if I were running in a straight line with no obstacles, like say a desert, I could go on indefinitely. At that moment I open myself up to our Heavenly Father... My eyes open. My brain opens. My mind opens. My bodies alight. My TWO eyes are fixed on the white circle in the sky and I fall into a trance. Everything becomes lucid. My awareness opens out and I simultaneously focus on EVERYTHING. My eyes are set, locked in place. For as long as I can absorb the Sun, I don't need to breathe. My arms open out, like I'm ready to embrace someone I love dearly. My hands, fingers, open, at my side but reaching out, palms turned up. I passerby would think I was in PRAYER...  I'm reVITALized. I charge ahead with new found strength, head first like some sort of ram or stag. Fantasies flicker into mind from nowhere... An African tribesmen running through the savanna, pursuing some poor herbivore. Maybe a buffalo. Poor thing wouldn't know it's efforts to escape are probably futile. A tribe of hunters act like a flock of birds forming a point, moving as one, guided by unseen forces. They know too much about life. But I'm not pursuing survival. I'm pursuing enLIGHTenment... When I look in the mirror I can see the Sun in my eyes. At the center of my pupils, surrounded by darkness, is a white light. The Sun, captured, reflected and projected from my very eyes. I know the people on this forum are mostly focused on non-duality but there's still so much to learn within the illusion. Within Duality. I'm ethnically part Maori and like every other tribal culture, mythology is based on dualism and the worship of Spirit in all that lives... Tane Mahuta - God Of The Forest. Tangaroa - God Of The Sea. Papatuanuku - Father Sky. Ranginui - Mother Earth. Yin & Yang. There's still so much we don't know. Stay humble.