Do Nothing = Mental Masturbation?

Gabriel Antonio
By Gabriel Antonio in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
i've been doing 2 and 30 minutes of do nothing a day. i have been "meditating" using this technique, but all that happens is: i keep thinking of random stuff, like imaginary conversations in my head. then when i notice that, i say to myself, "AWARENESS!" or "let go" three times but that doesn't prevent me from thinking, nor do i feel any expansion of my awareness. i feel like i am wasting my time with this technique; yet i am too lazy to try out different ones. i know that i will slack off with other ones. the only one i am able to be consistent is the do nothing because it requires no effort, yet i don't see any results. i don't feel any peace, nor do i feel more present. all i feel is an escape from the world. before someone tells me to build a concentration habit i can't afford myself to do so, because i follow the psychology principle of adding one habit at a time. if i start counting my breath or something to quiet the mind, i will diffuse my focus, instead of just thinking throughout the day, "shit, i got to meditate." i will add another one, "i got to meditate and concentrate"; thus, i will backslide.  please help me. i am thinking of stop meditating at all and just live for the world. i feel meditation makes me too uneasy.. i lose motivation to leave my house. everything becomes about me. and my thoughts drive me nuts. i am also eating like a pig lately. not to mention all the masturbation ... what the fuck is that? today i lied on my couch watching tv all day. that's preposterous. i should be more present but all i do is escape from the here and now. i am ruining my intimate relationships and my family relationships. and i feel like i am going crazy sometimes. i am also losing motivation to work. i also get waves of anger. this meditation thing is not working. everything is getting worse. anyway, shine the light of your awareness to this problem. i love advices, criticism, and brutally honest feedback.
  • 9 replies