How To Shop For Healthy Food

By Leo Gura - February 19, 2018 | 6 Comments

Very practical tips for buying healthy groceries

Comments
Donna says:

Hi Leo
Love your smoothie and soup recipes. That is my breakfast and lunch now.
I am baking sourdough bread and heard that eikorn wheat is a healthy alternative to our modern wheat.
Donna
P.S. looking forward to more videos

J McDee says:

Cook up a whole free range organic chicken with veg, then boil up the leftovers with plenty of water and fresh herbs for as long as possible (2 days even) then filter it.
This clear bone broth is one of the absolute healthiest things you can put in your body, and you can freeze it for a very long time. Plus you can make it with high quality meat instead

Chris says:

Oh man, this is so true!!!

I gave up on wheat in 2014 and felt better in only 2-3 days, it feels like you eliminate it very fast out your body so the effects are very easy and quick to spot. Usually you feel tired, bloated, depressed because of gluten and I remember having pain in my knees and joints inflammation. Not only the physical inconveniences but gluten can also cause colon cancer and dementia,Alzheimer and other mental disorders because of the chronic inflammation. Your whole body copes with this general chronic inflammation until it subcombs.

Dairy is even worse! I recommend The study China book for everyone who’s ever considered preventing cancer. All hormonal cancers are caused by DAIRY the worst enemy for your body. I gave up on dairy in june 2016 and I felt the effects were slower than in the gluten case, it took like 3 weeks to unblock my sinuses because of the accumulated mucus.All my childhood I had asthma crises and the doctors were so ignorant such as my parents of course, they were giving me cold medicines. It was a nightmare.

All those who have hormonal diseases of any kind SHOULD GIVE UP DAIRY!!! Those growth hormones are good for calves not for humans. Humans are the only species who consume milk at an adult age, that’s a deviation from nature and normal evolution, not to mention that milk is for calves which have a very alert rhythm of growth compared to that of a new born baby. It’s crazy! Imagine the fast growth of cancerous cells caused by those hormones you put in your body.

Regarding to the other ingredients my body doesn’t agree with especially corn and unfortunately all types of nuts. I hate soy. But I love sugar. If you give up on all soda products that give you that sugar addiction then you can easier lower your sugar intake, you won’t crave for it that bad.

I could make piece with the dairy free idea for life because of the huge impact it had on my body and overall health, but I returned to gluten because of the fibres and digestion and the milder symptoms I experience now. I don’t know for how long though.

You don’t really know how sick you are, how bad you feel, how depressed, how blocked you are until you give up on these poisons, since you were raised with them since ever!!! it’s exactly like that matrix dream, you don’t know you’re in the matrix until you get out of it.

You might think “oh that pain is normal even though I’m only 25, joints pain is normal everybody has it at some point or it’s normal to feel tired, depressed and irritable in this sickening society we live in, or to have that never ending coughing or pressure in the chest, or it’s normal to feel bloated and sleepy after a meal cause one should take a nap after eating right? ” Instead of feeling energized and motivated to go out and rock life, after you’ve just charged your batteries, you feel like a beaten donkey and go take a nap.

Robert says:

Ha haaa Leo, now I know not to be the only one . For over 4 years I’m a vegetarian, since one month I quit eating bread and for a longer time no sweets. After this video I’m on the verge giving up dairies, which would complete my food revolution

Sean says:

Hey Leo, this video is very helpful and I will begin to implement some of the ideas presented in it. The only thing that I’m concerned about is not feeling full after meals, I understand that rice is a great alternative to wheat products but rice can be time consuming to make. Are there any breads that you think are ok to eat.

Sichon says:

Great video! Extremely helpful to me, thank you Leo.

I am very curious to ask: have you ever heard of that UK product that is supposedly a nutrionally complete, very healthy powdered food (containing real ingredients) that you mix with water and then drink? It’s vegan and wheat-free and there is a gluten free option available on the website. I have been substituting 1 – 2 of my meals/day with it. (I don’t want to name it since I’m not advertising, but a quickle google search will allow you to find it.)

The ingredients are the following:

Gluten-Free OATS, Pea Protein, Flaxseed, Brown Rice Protein, Vanilla Flavour System (Vanilla Flavouring, Thickeners: Xanthan Gum and Guar Gum, Sweetener: Sucralose), MCT Powder (from Coconut), Sunflower Oil Powder.

And a micronutrient blend:
Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin C, L-Choline Bitartrate, Lutein, Lycopene, Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), Niacin (as Niacinamide), Vitamin K2 (as MK-7), Vitamin A (as Retinol Acetate), Vitamin D2, Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium-D-Pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Riboflavin, Vitamin K1, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, L-Methylfolate Calcium, Biotin, Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin).

Clearly it doesn’t conform to your ‘as little ingredients as possible’ rule, but as this is supposed to be nutritionally complete it’s a bit of a different thing. Could this be an easy and almost instant way of following most of your rules? Because some of these ingredients (‘sucralose’ is a sweetener you haven’t mentioned, Xanthan gum, or the micronutrients etc) I don’t know at all.

It’s also extremely time consuming as you don’t have to cook and barely have dishes.

Extremely curious to know how you would judge this product! Maybe it could be useful for your followers/you/me.

Thanks ahead.

P.S.: The list I posted is of the vanilla-flavoured gluten free version of the product. An unflavoured version is also available.