How To Control Anger - Part 2

By Leo Gura - January 9, 2017 | 10 Comments

Understanding evil to death

Comments
kyle says:

what is everything gets up mad u cant sit down and think about one thing at a time i do your stuff i am changing lost of stuff but i notice i cant get anywhere because i am mad i look at everything around me i feel mad but its the low type of anger then when something happens small thing i feel anger then when something big happens i go into rage but before i did this work i was in full rage all the time how would u go about this stuff if u do not know what u are angry about i sat down and all i came up with was 100 thing list and i find 3 things that i do not get angry about but i just feel angry i need to fix this problem its holding me back i made 4 changes to my self in the last 6 months but i know the main problem is my anger if i do not stop it i wont get anywhere what would u do

Sevi says:

Approaching to anger from an understanding point of view like this will also allow the other parties to see their hurtful actions quicker I believe, and also creates some space for them to reorganize the things in a better way. At the end of the day, anger is one of the best ingredients to build healthy boundaries which create respectful relationships.

Mosi says:

I know why I am angry, with my father for all his abuses and lies, and to my mother for her incapacity to protect herself and me. One day I hear that the mothers love is the biggest one, no, I don’t think so, I think is that one that sons prove for their parents is really love because we grow up with all their problems, neurosis, etc., and the best thing is that we still have to be better and love them.

Emi says:

Wonderful deep perspective and presentation on anger! Extremely helpful. I am very impressed with and grateful for the insights shared in this episode. Love your videos!

neil byrne says:

hi

Lol says:

Well, Hello.

Julie says:

I lost my dad, my husband found someone else (I was in a dysfunctional relationship whereby he looked after me like a child) my mum had a brain haemorrhage, lost a lot of recall and subsequently died. I was on my own and had to deal with the funeral whilst my sister went on holiday knowing mum was going to die (yet she had been the favourite and mum never showed me love or respect). I lost my job of 35 years and was transferred to another company that didn’t want or need me. I supported my sister through a subsequent breakdown. This was all within a two year period from 2012.

I share this with you because it’s the background to my journey, I’ve had phobias and live with a choking phobia (PTS) everyday but I’ve not had any medication or major counselling. I was thrown a lifeline when I started watching your videos and I appreciate the time you take to let us have your perspectives on life.

I have been angry for the last year, related to the relationship with my boyfriend who doesn’t want to commit and it feels like he wants me one minute and then I feel he withdraws. I have had difficulty dealing with my emotions and subsequently have displayed some outrageous behaviour. Your video on anger has given me a starting point and, in my view, elaborates in a much more comprehensive way than the previous one, on how we can manage this feeling. Please share your further insight with us soon and thank you Leo!

Julie

raffaella says:

Leo, where is the subtle difference between accepting everything ( because we understand wholistically) and not doing anything to try to change things for the better? Example: we ‘understand’ corruption , so we don’t get angry anylonger, and we are at peace. But corruption will still ruin our lives, relationships, and governments, if we don’t do anything . Or not?

Emi says:

Desire to change something doesn’t require being angry. Just because you understand the situation better and you are no longer angry doesn’t mean you don’t care about it any more. You can be fueled by compassion and love and direct your energy towards your desired outcome such as coming up with strategies, educating others etc. instead of being angry at current or past causes.

Brett Miller says:

Leo,

You killed it on this one. I needed it. Probably your best. Thank you thank you thank you.

My tender mind was frying in its own tears after just having returned from a spiritual retreat. The mind’s angry sensitive thorns were already sticking my wife and loves ones. Thank you again Leo! Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu, and email any time/and or Skype.

-Brett