Chrissy j

Can Anything Truly Fulfill You?

11 posts in this topic

Aren't you always going to want more? Will the most authentic Life Purpose ever even do it? Is enlightenment the only way to true fullfillment?

33 minutes ago, MochaSlap said:

Aren't you always going to want more?

Life has two dimensions. One is horizontal — in which you are all living, in which you are always asking for more and more and more. The quantity is not the question; no quantity is going to satisfy you.

The horizontal line is the quantitative line. You can go on and on. It is like the horizon — as you go on, the horizon goes on receding back. The distance between you and the goal of your more and more, the goal of your desire, remains always exactly the same. It was the same when you were a child, it was the same when you were young, it is the same when you are old. It will remain the same to your last breath. The horizontal line is exactly an illusion. The horizon does not exist, it only appears — there, perhaps just a few miles away, the sky is meeting the earth… it meets nowhere. And out of the horizon comes the horizontal line — unending, because the goal is illusory; you cannot come to make it a reality. And your patience is limited; your span of life is limited. One day you realize that it seems all futile, meaningless: “I am unnecessarily dragging myself, torturing myself, reaching nowhere.” Then the opposite of it arises in you — destroy yourself. It is not worthwhile to live, because life promises, but never delivers the goods.

But life has another line — a vertical line. The vertical line moves in a totally different dimension. In such an experience, for a moment you have turned your face towards the vertical.

You are not asking — that’s why you are being given.

You are not desiring — that’s why so much is made available to you.

You don’t have any goal — that’s why you are so close to it.

Because there is no desire, no goal, no asking, no begging, you don’t have any tension; you are utterly relaxed. In this relaxed state is the meeting with existence, 'enlightenment'.

7 minutes ago, SOUL said:

.....is there a "falsely" fulfill?

People sometimes feel their ego is fulfilled. Soon fulfillment disappears because ego needs constant activity. Ego is just like cycling - you have to feed it continuously: this challenge, that challenge, this activity, that activity - something has to be attained. 

The ordinary religious person is told to remain satisfied, contented, with whatsoever is the case. Be satisfied. Satisfaction is one of their fundamental teachings. Man is meant to become a god. Less than that won't satisfy you, less than that is of no use. You can have all the money in the world, all the power, all the prestige possible, and still you will remain empty -- unless your divine nature flowers.

12 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

People sometimes feel their ego is fulfilled. Soon fulfillment disappears because ego needs constant activity. Ego is just like cycling - you have to feed it continuously: this challenge, that challenge, this activity, that activity - something has to be attained. 

The ordinary religious person is told to remain satisfied, contented, with whatsoever is the case. Be satisfied. Satisfaction is one of their fundamental teachings. Man is meant to become a god. Less than that won't satisfy you, less than that is of no use. You can have all the money in the world, all the power, all the prestige possible, and still you will remain empty -- unless your divine nature flowers.

It may be just semantics but fulfilled wouldn't be an idea I would use with ego. The ego's appetite can be filled like a meal is good for a little while but it doesn't get satiated for very long so I hear you on the cycle.

You can be fulfilled when you realize there is nothing that can fulfill you.

It's called being, this is the reason why in the west we have so many depression,

This is also why there is so many dudes in the east called monks :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

there's nothing wrong with wanting more, as you enlighten you will want more and more and you will get more then you could have ever imagined. 

the key is simply out of which place do you want? From which place do you desire?  

do you want something to fulfill you because you think you live for a mere hundred years and you better get something to make it worthwhile? 

Or do you want something because you know you are an immortal soul that will live for a billions years across many dimensions and worlds, that on a deeper level you and me are literally the universe, on the deepest level we share the same background you and me...and so everything is your home, everything is in your favor and benefit. 
You don't need to be fulfilled, you want things because you are the universe and you want to express infinity, to create more and create more.  
You don't fulfill yourself, you add on top of what you are, you expand yourself, the universe is in infinite expansion. 

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Fulfillment can be realized when the ego desire is quenched from being, it isn't that hunger or any of the other biological urges cease, it's a contentment in being that transcends things. If not vigilant in the mind I find that the natural urges can be a lure back into the ego desire so though I will get hungry, the mind will use that to suggest what I "want" to eat or maybe that certain foods don't appeal to me in an attempt to exert identity from the natural act of seeking nourishment..

Thanks for the responses. Haha I'm becoming aware of the fact that nothing will ever fulfill me. Even something like life purpose. Looks like I've got some work to do!

Hey bud. I doubt that there has been a better time in human history for us to access information on all of this. So many resources and teachings at our fingertips. Look for the stuff on fulfillment, or lack of. Find your teachers. Some will get through, some will make you roll your eyes. The more you look for answers, the better you will get at discerning what's authentic, and what's beginning to resonate with you, regardless of how many wrong turns or misconceptions and misunderstandings you endure. Just being on the path, one you didn't even know existed before, is 1000 times more awesome than you might think.

I even learn something every time I come here. Every time, whether it takes days to register or not. Usually I learn more about myself than I do about anything else, by stepping back and reflecting on my own blatherings; "Geez, why do I get defensive and pissy on a forum about how goofy it is to be defensive and pissy!?" "Why am I writing a big long response to someone's thread, do I have something relevant to contribute or do I think I'm entertaining and progressive and just like to see myself postulate?" "Why do some of my posts come from a place of intelligence and understanding and sharing and love, and some of my posts seem to come from a place of mood or feeling a need to download my shit onto others?"

(I guess I'm learning about being authentic, while trying to live from that place.. somewhat unfamiliar ground some days.) 

First the spark, then the learning of what we don't know. Then the unlearning of what we 'knew' begins. I doubt it ever ends.

Wow, blathering again, diluting the topic, I'm out. o.O