psychoknaut

Cannabis And Chakras

18 posts in this topic

So I was a somewhat frequent user of cannabis prior to pursuing spiritual growth, however I stopped using cannabis for several months. Yesterday, and the day before I had the sudden urge to try it again. I don't quite know where the urge came from but, I thought why not. I struggle with general anxiety, and social anxiety disorder, and the first time using after prolonged abstinence, I only took about 3 hits and felt very grounded in my body and calm, it was overall a good feeling. However I decided the next day I would try a higher dose, I had racing thoughts, and anxiety but also I had a more philosophical outlook on life, and my intuition seemed greater. I have been meditating for about a year now, and would like to know what the effects of cannabis are on the energetic body, and chakra system. Thank you all.

If you do it once a month or less you will have the most amazing experiences, it is because you are respecting the plants medicinal and spiritual power and not abusing it by daily or too often use. I have learned so much from the plant by consuming less often. At the end of the day it is a psychedelic.

If you abuse it will drain and deplete your energetic body i must say sadly. Everything in moderation. Most Welcome :)

B R E A T H E

Yeah as pluto said, infrequent use can be useful. I have found that using cannabis with little to no tolerance or after a long break can be super effective for healing experiences - particularly purging physiological stuff/traumas, but more frequent use seems to completely reduce the power of that healing property, at least for me. I think continuous use probably has detrimental effects to brain chemistry and the subtle energetic system. I find the day after smoking I tend to feel a little cerebrally exhausted.

The properties and how its gonna effect you are gonna depend a lot on the strain too. Cannabis, particularly sativas, I think, also have a tendency to suddenly up-heave suppressed energies of the mind and body, so a lot of repressed anxiety and life pressures can arise and it feels intense and kind of panicky - but that can be a positive experience if you're willing to be there and release it. 

I am going to smoke up and meditate soon. I am feeling somewhat stuck in my meditation practice, and I think a hit will help me expand my consciousness. I haven't smoked in years, so like you guys said, it can be a one hit wonder. 

On 4/17/2017 at 1:27 AM, faith said:

I am going to smoke up and meditate soon. I am feeling somewhat stuck in my meditation practice, and I think a hit will help me expand my consciousness. I haven't smoked in years, so like you guys said, it can be a one hit wonder. 

@faith how did it go ? 

''Firmness in Love" 

@Dizzy its not very helpful as it tends to drain away your energy.

I do it everyday and I have developed a psychological dependency. 

if you're smoking pot, drinking alcohol, eating sugar or inhaling/ingesting any other substance (or masturbating) to do the job of letting go for you, then you gotta be extra careful because that's not liberating. that's just an attempt to transfer responsibility. you know you're stuck when the easy escape method comes to your mind everytime you find yourself in trouble.

the real work is a lot more harder, dirtier and ENORMOUSLY MORE REWARDING.

unborn Truth

On 2017-06-10 at 0:42 AM, Dizzy said:

@faith how did it go ? 

Thank you for inquiring. :)

I didn't do it. I had a phase where I wanted to try weed and dmt because I thought I needed them to get some higher state, but that's a lie. I just kept meditating and what I found out was that I was clinging to experiencing higher states. But in reality, they come and go. Some meditations are the most liberating, others are stagnant (or so they seem). It's all the same. 

10 hours ago, ajasatya said:

if you're smoking pot, drinking alcohol, eating sugar or inhaling/ingesting any other substance (or masturbating) to do the job of letting go for you, then you gotta be extra careful because that's not liberating. that's just an attempt to transfer responsibility. you know you're stuck when the easy escape method comes to your mind everytime you find yourself in trouble.

the real work is a lot more harder, dirtier and ENORMOUSLY MORE REWARDING.

Pychedelics are tools, they help up on the process when used right. The trick part is to not attach to it. It can't do the job to let it go for us. To me all it did was show me clarity on how to let it go.

There isn't an easy escape method. 

''Firmness in Love" 

On 6/10/2017 at 0:09 AM, Elton said:

@Dizzy its not very helpful as it tends to drain away your energy.

I do it everyday and I have developed a psychological dependency. 

@Elton I have a dependency to weed as well, I have been smoking every day for the last couple years and it is a huge energy drainer! It can be helpful IMO, but it depends on your intentions and your usage. If you smoke everyday then it will be no help to you. You have to let your tolerance reset all the way back to zero if you really want to use it for spiritual reasons. 

On 2017-4-12 at 0:20 AM, psychoknaut said:

So I was a somewhat frequent user of cannabis prior to pursuing spiritual growth, however I stopped using cannabis for several months. Yesterday, and the day before I had the sudden urge to try it again. I don't quite know where the urge came from but, I thought why not. I struggle with general anxiety, and social anxiety disorder, and the first time using after prolonged abstinence, I only took about 3 hits and felt very grounded in my body and calm, it was overall a good feeling. However I decided the next day I would try a higher dose, I had racing thoughts, and anxiety but also I had a more philosophical outlook on life, and my intuition seemed greater. I have been meditating for about a year now, and would like to know what the effects of cannabis are on the energetic body, and chakra system. Thank you all.

Wow man, this is the craziest synchronicity xD I was just about to open a thread with the same name in this section, which I rarely visit xD Instead, I will answer to your original post :))))

Edit: Now I see that I had given a rep to the second post in this thread, I guess I forgot about seeing it xD 

Still! Crazy sync

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

I mean there's no definite answer to the effect it has on the energy body, but it definitely has one. Astral energy flows more fluidly and ones sixth chakra seems much more enhanced. 

It seems to really open up my third eye and crown chakras. 
It also lets me feel my energy and move it around, which has been really hard for me to do while sober. I have had chakras pulse and vibrate while on marijuana, starting at the root and going up to my solar plexus, one by one. I have tried to get it up to my heart, but I know there is a huge blockage there, so I have been working on healing that. 

I often smoke, but I don't get grounded by the use of cannabis. It makes me high and I feel amazing when I use it but when I wake up in the morning I feel dead tired! I live in the netherlands so the weed whe smoke here is pretty heavy.

I'm going to try this tonight, the strain I'll be using is Passion Fruit because it's been sitting in the fridge for months and it's the only weed I have, this is from allbud.com:

Passion Fruit is a rare sativa dominant hybrid strain created through crossing the infamous Burmese Kush with the delicious Grapefruit strain. This bud has a tangy and delicious flavor that is much like an actual passion fruit, with a tangy fruity overtone accented by fresh lemons and citrus. The aroma is very sweet and citrusy with a sour earthy overtone that’s accented by fresh kush and spices as the nugs are burned. The Passion Fruit high comes on almost immediately after you exhale, launching your mind into a lifted state of motivation and focus that’s accompanied by a building sense of creativity. As this effect grows, you’ll feel a building sense of tingly energy that manifests in both mind and body, making it perfect for when you need a boost of energy during the day or early afternoon to get mental or physical tasks done. This lifted state is long-lasting and won’t cause anxiety or paranoia even in the novice user. Thanks to these effects and its high 13-16% average THC level, Passion Fruit is said to be perfect for treating conditions such as chronic fatigue, depression, migraines or headaches, chronic pain, and chronic stress.

I'm really curious what it will do to my meditation because I'm already at a point where get into states where all I can feel is energy flowing through the body and lose all sense of physical body and environment, without using any substances. I'm a full blown empath so I'm very sensitive to energy in my body and I've been working with opening up chakras for the past couple of weeks during meditations. I'm also getting acupuncture weekly and doing yoga 3 times a week.

I will set the intention for opening up chakras and healing because I still feel blockages in certain areas of the body, especially the chest and throat area and healing is what I need most right now in my life.

I'll be listening to this music for opening up chakras, they have a pause between different chakras so I will know when to set my intention for opening up next one: 

I will let you guys know how it went tomorrow.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

3 hours ago, Vladimir said:

I'm really curious what it will do to my meditation because I'm already at a point where get into states where all I can feel is energy flowing through the body and lose all sense of physical body and environment, without using any substances. I'm a full blown empath so I'm very sensitive to energy in my body and I've been working with opening up chakras for the past couple of weeks during meditations. I'm also getting acupuncture weekly and doing yoga 3 times a week.

I will set the intention for opening up chakras and healing because I still feel blockages in certain areas of the body, especially the chest and throat area and healing is what I need most right now in my life.

I'll be listening to this music for opening up chakras, they have a pause between different chakras so I will know when to set my intention for opening up next one: 

I will let you guys know how it went tomorrow.

Man... I wish I lived in a state where I could actually go to a store and pick the certain strand I wanted... oh well... that passion fruit does sound great. 

If you don't use it a lot, I recommend starting slow, even though the description says it is mild for beginners. Especially since you say you are very sensitive in your energy body. The reason I say this is because I go from no sensitivity when sober to very high sensitivity with only a few puffs. If you were moving around and doing things it won't be as noticeable, but since you intend on meditating, just be careful and don't go into a panic attack. However, if you start to get the feeling falling backwards, I have heard that it is a fast ticket to an OBE. Usually when I start to fall backwards, I accidentally put on the brakes real hard, and have been teaching myself not to do that...

1 hour ago, starsofclay said:

Man... I wish I lived in a state where I could actually go to a store and pick the certain strand I wanted... oh well... that passion fruit does sound great. 

If you don't use it a lot, I recommend starting slow, even though the description says it is mild for beginners. Especially since you say you are very sensitive in your energy body. The reason I say this is because I go from no sensitivity when sober to very high sensitivity with only a few puffs. If you were moving around and doing things it won't be as noticeable, but since you intend on meditating, just be careful and don't go into a panic attack. However, if you start to get the feeling falling backwards, I have heard that it is a fast ticket to an OBE. Usually when I start to fall backwards, I accidentally put on the brakes real hard, and have been teaching myself not to do that...

Thanks for the warning brother, I know I won't be panicking because I've done it before while meditating, though I half assed it in the past and ended up going to sleep.

Smoked weed last night while meditating and put on music for opening up the chakras. I'm feeling different this morning, I think my mental faculties aren't working at 100%, though I feel more peaceful than usual. The trip itself while meditating was difficult to sit through, felt very intense sensations in certain areas of the body so I couldn't focus on any other areas but those. At one point, while feeling intensely warm, gross and vibrating sensation in the heart chakra, I started focusing on it, and thought "what if this is marijuana's way of trying to heal my heart?" So I focusd on the sensation more and more, until it started to feel like very warm feeling of love and light in my heart chakra and it kept expanding. Then the feeling connected through the heart to my dick and I felt intense sexual arousal from that, though the feeling didn't last very long. 

At one point I felt too tired and the body too exhausted to continue sitting through the meditation, so I just laid down on the floor and felt very relaxed and peaceful and continued in this half sleeping half meditating state for another 40 minutes or so. What makes it really difficult to sit through while high is the reduction of mental faculties, the mind seems to lose it's intellectual capacities and move over to the feeling of sensations. It also makes it difficult to concentrate on specific areas of the body, because some areas of the body intensify in feeling so much, is this marijuana's way of showing which areas of the body need to be focused on the most and healed? What's if it really activates nadis (energy points) of the subtle body and by focusing on those points I'll be able to make some new discoveries, instead of trying to control the situation, just go with the flow? 

Another thing that came up, was negative self talk, there were random crazy thoughts flashing, and they were pretty loud and annoying, like "people outside, by the jacuzzi can hear your music and think it's really weird", "people are going to smell marijuana and come knocking on your door, or they're going to call the police", and other paranoid thoughts like that. I just let them pass without being attached or assining any meaning to them and they seem to have dissipated after a while. I tried focusing on other areas of the body which felt intense, but it didn't seem to change like the heart chakra. 

Overall, I'm not sure if marijuana can be of any benefit if used in this way, I guess I could try again in about a month or so. The one thing that I really don't like is the reduction in mental capacities, because that makes it really difficult to be mindful of the present moment experience.

Edited by Vladimir