Barna

The Ego Disappeared. Do You Have Any Questions? :)

70 posts in this topic

@Barna The self is a lifetime of experience that has it's associations and influences which create an "our survival manual" within our mind. This is the natural expression of self for us as human beings. The ego is the liaison between this subconscious manual and the observer, our in the moment awareness, using it's access to the subconscious manual to impress in our consciousness it's importance to us as it's justification.

As you continue to awaken, your ego will reflect your "awaken-ness" to your awareness. The ego only is what you give the self through intentional living, as that will enlighten so will what the ego identifies with.

5 minutes ago, Barna said:

I speak from mind

Exactly, this is the big roadblock for most seekers. You can only speak from mind. But there can be consciousness of the mind speaking.
The mind still has its desires, life goals, loves, hates. But there is also consciousness. Everyone is already enlightened, but they have grown their mind into a needy, greedy, fat, insane child, and self-identify with it.
Most people are not really working to become enlightened, they are trying very hard to make their mind enlightened, or free their mind, or kill the ego, which is all impossible :D 

Language is broken sadly :), because we say "I speak from mind". This causes strange hard to follow abstract discussions :D 
Because the "I" should mean "pure consciousness" for a Buddha, and there is no real relationship between mind and consciousness.
I've found there are two separate things:

1. Mind speaking
  2. Consciousness aware of mind speaking

The only thing that really can be said about our true nature is:
"There is consciousness" 

All spiritual practice and literature can be compacted to that last phrase.

6 minutes ago, zazed said:

This answers the negative also. For those enlightened that didn't share.
It may be the ego telling you out of fear, you are not really fully enlightenment, identifying within some mock humbleness. 

There is no reason to share, and equally no reason not to share.

I guess that would only be known to us whether the humbleness is mock or genuine.

The ego by nature isn't just negative, it's a facet of the self and a reflection of our experience by unifying it as an identity, although by this natural manifestation it can identify in ways that negatively influence our consciousness.

That's where self awareness becomes a valuable exercise in recognizing the ego's influence in us.

@SOUL I am actually learning from you. :) 

I don't understand one thing though. What do you mean by self when you say this:

14 minutes ago, SOUL said:

The ego only is what you give the self through intentional living, as that will enlighten so will what the ego identifies with.

2 minutes ago, SOUL said:

The ego by nature isn't just negative, it's a facet of the self and a reflection of our experience by unifying it as an identity, although by this natural manifestation it can identify in ways that negatively influence our consciousness.

I don't really know the correct definition for ego. :) I think i just call it mind, everything i feel, touch, taste, smell, see, hear, say, write, think is mind.
Then there is consciousness, i as a mind barely understand it.

I notice the mind is quick to claim anything, and in it's claiming it put itself back into focus.
The biggest danger is it's telling the story "I am enlightened now", or even worse when meditating : "Wow, I'm feeling this thing now, this is interesting". Because it can never become consciousness, no more than a banana becoming an airplane.^_^

3 minutes ago, Barna said:

@SOUL I am actually learning from you. :) 

I don't understand one thing though. What do you mean by self when you say this:

When we have an experience and everything associated with that experience like our intentions, thoughts, feelings as well as the actual happenings that take place get recorded, so to speak, in our self, both on conscious and unconscious levels. Our ego has access to all of this self "stuff" and uses it to construct it's identity.

2 minutes ago, zazed said:

I don't really know the correct definition for ego. :) I think i just call it mind, everything i feel, touch, taste, smell, see, hear, say, write, think is mind.
Then there is consciousness, i as a mind barely understand it.

I notice the mind is quick to claim anything, and in it's claiming it put itself back into focus.
The biggest danger is it's telling the story "I am enlightened now", or even worse when meditating : "Wow, I'm feeling this thing now, this is interesting". Because it can never become consciousness, no more than a banana becoming an airplane.^_^

I wouldn't know how to define ego either but I am well aware of how it moves in me. It attempts to tie everything from the past together in an identity and offers it to my in the moment awareness for endorsing to influence my present perspective. Although, I am not forced to accept it's offer to identify with the past, my awareness is free to create the present moment perspective in any way I seek.

How is it defined? Who knows and it's not my concern to define it.

5 minutes ago, SOUL said:

When we have an experience and everything associated with that experience like our intentions, thoughts, feelings as well as the actual happenings that take place get recorded, so to speak, in our self, both on conscious and unconscious levels. Our ego has access to all of this self "stuff" and uses it to construct it's identity.

Wow. Silence. Your words made my mind silent.

I think now I understand what they mean when they say that you have to play a role if you want to play the social game. :) Communication is not possible if you don't have a standpoint, an identity. At least it's not possible for me. 

You explained it so clearly, where did you learn it from? :) 

Just now, SOUL said:

How is it defined? Who knows and it's not my concern to define it.

Exactly, there is only mind/ego as it is now, and there is consciousness.  And if you say "i am well aware of how it moves in me", you are enlightened, you are consciousness being aware. That is when I=Consciousness is fully understood.

4 minutes ago, Barna said:

Wow. Silence. Your words made my mind silent.

I think now I understand what they mean when they say that you have to play a role if you want to play the social game. :) Communication is not possible if you don't have a standpoint, an identity. At least it's not possible for me. 

You explained it so clearly, where did you learn it from? :) 

Through contemplation.

Thank you! :)

Thank you for all of you! :) 

12 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Barna Enjoy it! And if you feel ego come back in trying to get control again please read this.

And also here is some wise words from mooji.

Ahah, this is why when it happen, we should just our mouth, watch very carefully our monkey mind, an disentify with all kind of arrogance statements :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

41 minutes ago, zazed said:

Exactly, there is only mind/ego as it is now, and there is consciousness.  And if you say "i am well aware of how it moves in me", you are enlightened, you are consciousness being aware. That is when I=Consciousness is fully understood.

Well, I don't view the mind as being just ego or the ego being all the mind is. I see the mind as the canvas that consciousness expresses itself on in my being, while ego is a facet of the self which my mind can be aware of.

3 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Well, I don't view the mind as being just ego or the ego being all the mind is. I see the mind as the canvas that consciousness expresses itself on in my being, while ego is a facet of the self which my mind can be aware of.

Your explanation feels so perfect that it's ridiculous. :)) 

You are not an everyday human being. Did you start to teach yet? :) 

2 minutes ago, Barna said:

Your explanation feels so perfect that it's ridiculous. :)) 

You are not an everyday human being. Did you start to teach yet? :) 

It's very kind of you to say that but I'm just a fellow seeker who speaks from my experience and if anyone does learn something from it, it is not me teaching them, it's them recognizing something in their own being they are made aware of by looking for it.

:)) Unbelievable. I've never read so beautiful sentences like these from an anonymous author. Thank you for your time and for being here! :)