Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ether

Does The Average Person Dont Want To Be Enlightned?

17 posts in this topic

Whenever I try to spread the word about spirituality nobody cares, What the hell, dont you want to be happy? lolololol

They do, spirituality makes people uncomfortable because they have deeply held beliefs about reality and questioning that causes stress.  Especially when your form of spirituality is something foreign to them.  

The best thing for you to do to "spread the word" is to let the love for yourself that you gain from your spirituality be expressed in the world.  In doing that you are communicating deep spiritual truth without directly talking about it.  

Edited by Heart of Space

I tried telling my old friends about spirituality and they just laughed at me and asked me if I really believed in that bullshit and whenever I'd come around they'd ask me if I had just got finished praying to Jesus even though I  explained it all to them.  I had the last laugh though when I completely ignored their calls one day and avoided them completely.  I haven't seen or talked to them in about a year or so since then. 

1 hour ago, Ether said:

Whenever I try to spread the word about spirituality nobody cares

11 minutes ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

I tried telling my old friends about spirituality and they just laughed at me

You were working under the fallacy – that the society can be changed and the individual will change automatically. You cannot do anything to it. Whatever has to be done is to be done to the individual. 

Don’t think that words are not powerful. Ordinary, mundane words have no power; they have only utility. But when the enlightened man speaks, the word has no utility; it has simply a tremendous power to transform your heart.

The awakened people down the ages have not seen anything more powerful than the word. It is just a question of spreading it, and spreading it not like a parrot, not like a gramophone record, but spreading it as a representative of it. Whatever you say, you should be; only then can your saying have power.

It is a question of living the message. Your life should be a proof of it; then nothing else is needed.

Just now, Annetta said:

most people have fully formed lives.

No, they too are not contented, they too are not at ease. They too are finding contentment, their direction of seeking can be wrong, but everyone is in a search of contentment.

1 hour ago, Annetta said:

I've tried explaining spirituality to people but most people have fully formed lives.
Change is scary.  Makes sense.

the day will come that you will advance in spirituality and be able to radiate an aura of warmth and happiness no one will be able to ignore, you won't need words to convince them, they'll gladly hear whatever you have to teach them. 

people are intelligent, and they're always paying very careful attention to what you're doing, but they're not going to tell you that.
What you're doing isn't bad, even if you're not all the way there yet, there's nothing wrong with spreading the word. 
But if you really aim to reach and convince a lot of people as Prabhaker said you'll have to make some serious work on yourself.
or some very light work. depends on how you see it and like to approach it

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I don't care much for enlightenment either, i meditate, learn and i try to grow. Would i happen to get enlighten because of it, well i would not complain.

2 hours ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

I tried telling my old friends about spirituality and they just laughed at me and asked me if I really believed in that bullshit and whenever I'd come around they'd ask me if I had just got finished praying to Jesus even though I  explained it all to them.  I had the last laugh though when I completely ignored their calls one day and avoided them completely.  I haven't seen or talked to them in about a year or so since then. 

That's awful:/ 

Tbh I don't care for enlightenment too!
I just want to eradicate all my suffering, and if takes getting enlightened to do that, then so be it

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I am interested in self improvement in all aspects of life health,relationships,making it to my goals.

But enlightenment not at the moment there is a problem with it.

I can't comprehend it even tho i watched most of Leo's video's on it and i try to understand but it has to be experienced i guess but if i don't know what that feels like or how good it is i don't know if it should compete with more clear goals like making money or getting a good with intimacy or getting skilled at something i really want or getting in better shape.

If it is something to be mastered and takes that long to master should it compete with these more tangible goals?

If you don't know exactly what you are shooting for it is a big risk too invest so much time and energy into it so that might be a reason.

The other more apparent reason is that most people hear something like that and instantly go like ''maybe you should do less drugs ye damn hippie'' which is no reason at all of course :D.

I am probably wrong.....because i don't know what the hell i am talking about namely enlightenment.

8 minutes ago, Annetta said:

Yeah, it seems that it takes a big shift in some people's lives (usually for the worst) to want to seek out spirituality.

Truth is not cheap,pay the price – and don't be afraid. Beyond the crucifix lies the throne.

If you don't complain when worst happens, If you don´t escape, if you allow the suffering to be there, if you are ready to face it, if you are not trying somehow to forget it, then you are different. 

Jesus says: “Remember, those who are first in this world will be the last in my kingdom of God, and those who are last will be first.

Buddha became a beggar -- the last man of this world. He was a king, but the kingdom of God belongs to the last. He left the kingdom of this world, because the kingdom of this world is just useless, it is a meaningless burden. You carry it but it is not a nourishment. It destroys you. It is a poison -- although it may be such a slow poison that you cannot feel it.

Im actually scared of enlightenment particularly the idea of finding out that you're alone and that you invented all this as a dream. Granted I have no experience of infinity, "godly" loneliness etc but it sounds overwhelming and fucking terrifying. 

Funnily enough, this lack of wanting enlightenment is supposed to help reach enlightenment but Im here to confirm it does not (at least not yet)

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

seriously, has anyone thought of the implications of enlightenment?  This is all  a big show that YOU put on, you tricked yourself on purpose. That is more terrifying than materialist death.

Is it just me?

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

8 hours ago, mp22 said:

seriously, has anyone thought of the implications of enlightenment?  This is all  a big show that YOU put on, you tricked yourself on purpose. That is more terrifying than materialist death.

Enlightenment is always an entering into kingdom of god, doesn't matter even if you are crucified. 

Journey of a materialist person is always ends into a misery , he can enjoy in the beginning, but it is a slow poison, and you don't feel it.

Spiritual journey is sometimes very difficult in the beginning, only because you resist, you don't try to remain conscious in a suffering , but in the end you get the throne. 

9 hours ago, mp22 said:

This is all  a big show that YOU put on, you tricked yourself on purpose. That is more terrifying than materialist death.

9 hours ago, mp22 said:

"godly" loneliness etc but it sounds overwhelming and fucking terrifying. 

Having had a taste of oneness, I can confirm, it is absolutely depressing. It was while I was tripping with some friends. Ego death for near 10+ hours. When my friends would have a conversation, it was as if I was all of these people talking to "myself". Frighteningly lonely. However, I think the feeling of loneliness was because there was still traces of the ego there.

9 hours ago, mp22 said:

This is all  a big show that YOU put on, you tricked yourself on purpose. That is more terrifying than materialist death.

Is it just me?

Every seeker is in this situation: you don't know what you are seeking, you don't know what the goal is, you don't know where you are going, why you are going. But if he has not escaped, not turned his back and run about in the world, he will laugh and smile, because out of this night such a beautiful morning. 

We are too much attached to the body, it seems like death; because we think the body is our life, we think it is terrible. And this is one of the greatest preparations for death. One day death will come: before it comes, you will be ready, you will be ready to die! Out of this troubled state, out of this hell and fear and anguish , you will find absolute bliss.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:46 AM, Arkandeus said:

Tbh I don't care for enlightenment too!
I just want to eradicate all my suffering, and if takes getting enlightened to do that, then so be it

This is where I started the process decades ago, to end the misery and to just be happy. Though in time the goal shifted from what  my young mind was thinking of, what I later understood as situational happiness, to seeking out being at peace and in joy. Enlightenment is not my intent then or even now, it is a byproduct of the process of my healing which came with awakening.

Your interest in enlightenment and spirituality is a reflection of the level of your consciousness. It's a vicious cycle and highly dependent of your environment, conditioning and chance. People only become curious after something profound and mystical happens to them, they face a crisis, have an experience, read something or when being influenced by external circumstances. To be honest, it's not their fault, but at the same time - there are no obstacles in the way.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w