Leo Gura

Share Your Healthy Recipes

52 posts in this topic

1  orange, peeled 
¼ cup  fat-free yoghurt t
2 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
¼ tsp vanilla extract
4 ice cubes

COMBINE the orange, , orange juice concentrate, vanilla, and ice cubes. Process in blender

2nd

1 c low-fat or light vanilla yogurt
6 ice cubes
1 c pineapple chunks

1. COMBINE the yogurt and ice cubes. Blend,  as needed, until the ice is in large chunks.
2. ADD the pineapple and blend at "whip" speed until smooth.

1¼ c cold apple juice
1 ripe banana, sliced
1 kiwifruit, sliced
5 or 6 frozen strawberries
1½ tsp honey

COMBINE the juice, banana, kiwifruit, strawberries, and honey. Blend . You may add less strawberries if the flavor too strong

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Leo Gura Bananas are like the perfect foods! Beautifully packaged for togo! Nearly a 100 calories each. Easily digestable. One of the only fruits that continues to ripe off the vein. Has high levels of tryptophan which is converted to serotonin. 

The key is to eat them when they're ripe though so you get as much sugar as you can. The best way to tell is to hold the stack by the group stem and they should just peel by sheer gravity of the bananas. 

I would also recommend buying organic bananas. Most of the banana farmers in Peru are infertile because of the exposure of such harsh pesticides, plus they are treated quite poorly. There's this whole banana war thats been going on for decades which included a huge massacre caused by the banana industry done by Dole and Chiquita. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/banana-land-blood-bullets-poison/

Best to get a 40lb box of whole trade bananas from WholeFoods ($35) or if you want to go cheap get them at a Los Angeles Produce Distribution ($12).

Edited by JustinS

I don't really have a recipe, but I want to make people aware of pine nuts. I absolutely love them, even if they are a bit pricy. 

Also, they Must be good for the pineal gland! Its Pine!

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

3 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

I don't really have a recipe, but I want to make people aware of pine nuts. I absolutely love them, even if they are a bit pricy. 

Also, they Must be good for the pineal gland! Its Pine!

Should we add some fluoride free toothpaste to it. Will that taste good. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I generally cook for us and the kids so big meals but we do do smoothies alot as the kids dont think its fruit and veg (lol!) 

I dont know if these are "healthy" but they contain the main food groups in each one and all of it is homecooked and clean eating :)

Spagetti Bolognaise (Make your own sauce! Its literally tomatoes and herbs)

Sheppards pie (Err not quite so healthy but if you leave off cheese it is ;) )

Baked potatoes and salad 

Chilli Con Carne

Curry (Like all the rest always your own sauce cus then you can make sure its clean with no preservatives)

Baked roast dinner (Basically no oil and no yorkshire puddings - maybe thats a UK thing tho!)

Maybe thats not an overally healthy diet, but like Leo said in the video our diet is much much healthier than other peoples. :)

Oooooo and homemade banana chips and apple chips are lush!! Amazing snack as well as nuts. You can bake but theyre better in a dehydrator :)

Guacamole - raw, healthful, and easy to make - great as a dip or spread. 

In a blender mix:

- 2 avocado (separate from the pit and skin)

- fresh squeezed lemon juice (to taste)

- garlic (to taste)

- sea salt (to taste)

Optional - add a bit of mustard to the mix (to taste)

Enjoy C(:

Dry Oatmeal &Olive Oil. 

Cinnamon Sugar, for best. 

Fully Raw Vegan - I truly feel that it is the "right" way to live, IF!!!!! you want to be completely disease free and not posing diseases onto animals and the environment as well (which is YOU!!!!) Do you know how it feels to be completely disease free? probably not. 

It is not my intention to push a belief on you, I just want to RECOMMEND everyone who wants to live their full potential, to study this fully raw vegan lifestyle. Even though it seems "out there" now, it really isn't :)  

MY LOVING COLON! *POOP EMOJI* Always remember that everything you put in your mouth has to go through your colon. Your colon is pretty damn long, so put things in it that can digest properly and makes it FLOW!!!! How many pounds of undigested meat is in your colon right now? lol. The science on the colon is so limited due to the difficulties to understand it and study it. TREAT YOUR COLON WITH RAW VEGGIES AND FRUIT 80 % you will go through a rough detox period, but afterwards you will be sorry you didn't start before!!! Jaap jappppp. or perhaps not ;) 

At the end of the day we gotta do what feels best for us, but we gotta be honest enough to admit when it doesn't and brave enough to try something completely different.

:xSELF LOVE ALSO INCLUDES WHATEVER YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY :x

I could go on.... peace and love to everyone here. I simply love this forum and the vibes here.

Book recommendation which will change your life and make you think about food & diseases in your body in completely different way: Anthony William medical medium.

EDIT: Just wanna say that no type of lifestyle diet should be done neurotically, because of any reason. It needs to come from love and conscious choices, nothing else.  nothing else is sustainable or healthy

EDIT AGAIN: if you nail this type of lifestyle eventually , you really don't have to take any supplements wouldn't that be lovely and money/time saving. Another pro: you get to eat so many different types of colors everyday, your world becomes colorful, LITERARY! And if you are not fond of cooking, you never have to again ;) (this was a big deal for me as well)

Edited by BobbyEmily

Rainbow Supersalad (These are just quick examples on the top of my head. I usually do 1 of each colour)

Green: Kale/Spinach/Broccoli/ or others

Yellow: Usually a Bell Pepper

White: Cauliflower/Onion/Mushrooms

Red: Tomato

Purpls: Beets/Cabbage/Eggplant or others

Orange: Carrots/Sweet potato

Sauerkraut (Optional but loaded with Probiotics) 1 Tbsp is enough

(Standard Dressing)

1 Tbps Extra Virgin Olive oil or Sesame Oil (Unless you wish to sprinkle sesame seeds)

1/2 - 1 Avocado

Lemon or Apple Cider Vinegar (With Mother)

Dried Herbs & Spices of choice

or Fresh Choices: Parsley, Coriander, Garlic, Basil, Mint ect.. (Optional)

Turmeric and Ginger are also great but i like to add the dried powder version

Nutritional Yeast (Optional but loaded with B-Vitamins)

Dried Sea Vegetables (Optional)

Sea Salt

Throw them in a blender and pour all over your salad

A little water comes in handy if its too thick

Additives (optional)

Nuts & Seeds = Loaded with Protein, Minerals and Healthy Fats

Sprouted Lentils, Mung beans or other Sprouts = Enzymes, Proteins, Vitamins ect..

It doesn't have to be this large but i just tried to add as much as i can to give more examples and ideas although a full recipe like this can fill you up for a good day or so and provide the body with everything it needs for about 12 - 24 hours.

The only things that you may not get is Iodine if you do not use sea vegetables and Vitamin K2 unless your sauerkraut is fermented with K2 Bacteria although with healthy gut flora i believe the body will convert from k1 to k2 efficiently anyway.

==================================================================================================

Homemade beans my grandma taught me to make, highly nutritious and extremely filling. Its called Pasul back home.

Soak dried beans (usually white/great northern) overnight or 24 hours in warm water. The longer the better and covered with towels placed in oven to keep warm. You can preheat oven then turn it off before putting the bowel in. A little acidic medium also helps break down phytic acid (Optional)

Now if you have time you can drain the soaking beans and continue to sprout them for greater nutrient release or just enjoy them the next day.

Add beans to a pot of choice and fill 1 - 2inches more water and bring to boil then simmer on low. DO NOT add salt or they won't cook properly, leave salt for when they are done. You can add herbs and spices of voice and maybe some chopped vegetables like carrots for example.

The longer you cook them the better they become but average around 2 hours is best for perfect consistency. Keep watch as you might need to keep adding water.

When the beans are nice and soft and mushy, In a skillet add some virgin coconut oil or grass fed butter or ghee a tablespoon or two and chopped onions and cook until tender then add sweet paprika and chili powder. You could also add some fresh chopped herbs and or garlic here and this is where you can now add the Sea Salt.

Once done add to cooking beans and stir and taste and add additional salt/spices if needed.

Now you can enjoy a yummy bowel of this bean soup from the balkans or you can make it even thicker by baking it in the oven for another 20-30 minutes which makes it less of a soup but more of a bean mash.

We enjoy it with fresh sourdough or rye wholemeal bread and sometimes to refresh you up afterwards we serve with fresh homemade yogurt with chopped cucumber and garlic and sometimes sliced tomato and cabbage drenched in vinegar on the side or something alone those lines :)

And if you eat meat, In the past we would add chopped beef, lamb or something called sujuk to the beans and cook together would give a nice flavor. Sometimes we would also add a handful of wholemeal rye, buckwheat or other flour to thicken the soup up but once you bake or it cools down it becomes very thick even without the flour. Its enjoyable hot or cold and very satiating.

In its own liquid you can store up-to a week in the fridge, sometimes longer but we try consume within a week.

For a family start with 500 grams dried, for a couple maybe 250 grams until you learn what works and lasts for you.

==================================================================================================

Superfood Recovery Smoothie

300 - 400ml Water or Nut, Seed or Legume Milk

1 - 2 Tbps Chia seeds, Flaxseeds or Hemp seeds

1 Banana

1 tsp of Supergreen powder, Moringa or Spirulina (if you don't have these a bunch of kale or spinach will do)

1 tsp of Cacao powder

1 tsp of Maca powder

1 tsp of Brewers yeast (optional)

1 tsp of Raw honey or other natural sweetener (optional)

1 tsp of Virgin Coconut Oil (optional)

1 tsp of Acai/Maqui berry powder or handful of frozen berries or goji berries or fresh strawberries

1 tsp of Psyllium husk powder (optional)

1 tsp of Bee pollen or Pine pollen (optional)

1 - 2 Tbsp of your favourite protein powder (optional) - If you use hemp milk or soy milk you probably wont need this.

Extra Small additives like Shilajit(Fulvic), Chaga Mushroom, Gingseng, Gingko, Milk thistle or other powerful Adaptogens can also be added but these are usually in capsule form because they are extremely powerful so one capsule should be enough but then again still Optional.

Whenever i feel down or drained or need a quick recovery smoothie from a big weekend something like ^ that is probably the best thing you could have hands down.

Some Keywords to lookout for a healthier diet/lifestyle:

Raw

Whole

Sprouted

Activated

Germinated

Sourdough

Fermented

Steamed

Organic

Biodynamic

Wild-Crafted

Homemade/Grown

Extra Virgin

100% Pure

Unbleached/Unprocessed/Unsulfured

Non-GMO

ect...

Be Creative and Enjoy

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Some tips when drinking smoothies! 

Chew your smoothies so that you secrete saliva for the process of digestion. 

Brush your teeth no later than a hour after drinking a smoothie! 

A good thing about this is you'll get most of your 5-a-day in one drink from different colour fruits, plenty of fibre, huge amounts of anti-oxidants and superfoods that would please the gods.

If it wasn't for my small blender I'd be filling it up with much more. Banana is a must otherwise is tastes far too bitter with the cacao.

Usually around 250kcal, more if  adding protein powder.

200ml Coconut Milk

1x Banana

80g Frozen fruit (80g usually is 1 of your 5-a-day)

80g Spinach (or Kale, or both)

5g Turmeric

15g Cacao powder

Sprinkle Of Cayenne Pepper/Cinnamon

Chia Seeds

Another quick one for you protein shake people. Just have flavoured whey with coconut milk, the milk adds a natural sweetness to it and it's incredible!

Edited by OhHiMark

Just now, OhHiMark said:

A good thing about this is you'll get most of your 5-a-day in one drink from different colour fruits, plenty of fibre, huge amounts of anti-oxidants and superfoods that would please the gods.

If it wasn't for my small blender I'd be filling it up with much more

Usually around 250kcal, more if  adding protein powder.

200ml Coconut Milk

1x Banana

80g Frozen fruit (80g usually is 1 of your 5-a-day)

80g Spinach (or Kale, or both)

5g Turmeric

15g Cacao powder

Sprinkle Of Cayenne Pepper/Cinnamon

Chia Seeds

This sounds lovely

I think you forgot the meo tho :P

Forgive if this joke was done before xD

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

8 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

This sounds lovely

I think you forgot the meo tho :P

Forgive if this joke was done before xD

I don't get it, please explain. 

I've read through my post a few times trying but I give up. Haha, what is it?

2 minutes ago, OhHiMark said:

I don't get it, please explain. 

I've read through my post a few times trying but I give up. Haha, what is it?

It was suggesting you forgot to add 5-meo-dmt to the recipe, so that it also enlighten us!

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

8 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

It was suggesting you forgot to add 5-meo-dmt to the recipe, so that it also enlighten us!

Doh. Well it gave me a smile, even if you did have to explain it.

idk it is a fairly straightforward recipe. but I put in a lot of greens, where I buy produce right now it has a few options of mixed greens so I get one of those and then romaine lettuce too. and then I put in yellow pepper and shredded carrots and diced cherry tomatoes and cheese and hard boiled egg, and it is yummy! oh and nuts too, I have three bags of different nuts, I use one kind at a time but I switch it up each salad. sometimes if I want it spicey I sprinkle pepper flakes on it, or get arrugalu instead of one of the greens. 

@Loreena Hii Loreena, Spirulina is excellent for you! Add it with Chorella and you have two of the most natural ingredients in the food chain. Both of these ingredients are forms of algae plants, at the lower end of the food chain meaning less toxins . Lower on the food chain = Less toxins! Spirulina is literally at the beginning of the food chain! They get all their energy from photosynthesis, so they convert energy from the sunlight and they turn that into essential fatty acids, proteins, carbs , minerals, trace minerals, electrolytes According to Dr Michael Van's video below, it is one of the most nutrient dense foods in the world. I recommend watching the video for an in-depth look into Spirulina. 

Here are some fun facts about Spirulina according to the video below:

1. Spirulina is 4x more absorbable than beef protein
  2. Spirulina has as much iron as red meat
  3. Blood Builder - Has Chlorophyll which is a potent blood builder. And has a Blue Pigment which stimulates your bone marrow cells to increase production of red blood cells and white blood cells.j
  4. It can also be used as an alternative to Breast Milk for those who cannot produce such contents. 

Now Chorella! Chorella is a single celled algae

According to the video below Chorella can do the following:

• Chorella improves:
    • Brain and Liver Function
    • Digestion
    • Regeneration
    • Detoxification
    • Radiation Protection
    • Inflammation
    • Immune System
    • Healing Process 
    • Weight Loss
  • There's actually a study out there on Chorella's ability to prevent hangovers. The Japanese did a study and it shows that if you consume four to six grams of chorella before a nights drinking, you have a 96% less chance of having a hangover, and includes heavy drinking. 
    • Personally, I do not drink myself as part of the self-actualisation journey this is something not to do if one wants to maximise their ability to increase their consciousness. But imagine taking 4-6 grams of chorella every single day! This could purify your body! 

Here's a video that goes deeper to Spirulina & Chorella!
So on a practical level, Spirulina & Chorella  can be taken in a supplement form or a powder form which complements smoothies!
Here's a great book too for Superfoods in general! 
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=6EtHo7N3-PYC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false 

If any has any more information on these practical foods, I'm sure Leo and everyone would be happy to listen. So on a practical level combine these two superfoods into your smoothie and your health will go from being the 0.1% to the 0.0000001%! 

Edited by UpbeatChris

I'd recommend water. It is pretty healthy I'd say and it is a big component in alot of foods. I realise this sounds a bit off topic and smart allecky but so much of the feeling of hunger is just your body being thirsty. It might not be a healthy food per se  but drinking water frequently will neutralise some of the fake hungers and keep you from eating unhealthy stuff ;]

On 4/14/2017 at 0:07 AM, JustinS said:

Some tips when drinking smoothies! 

Chew your smoothies so that you secrete saliva for the process of digestion. 

Brush your teeth no later than a hour after drinking a smoothie! 

Well said, what is strange is that ever since i first started to make smoothies my mouth chews automatically before it swallows, its like the body is already aware and more intelligent than we think on its own.

@OhHiMark Good point on the sprinkle cayenne/cinnamon to boost absorption i also sprinkle turmeric/ginger sometimes as well for similar purpose.

B R E A T H E