Leo Gura

Share Your Healthy Recipes

52 posts in this topic

Seems like folks are generally excited about the idea of cleaning up their diet, so I thought it would be great to hear your nutrition hacks. What tasty, healthy, practical recipes have you found?

It would be really helpful to get a juicy list going here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@My_Name_Is_Mud is it okay to add all fruits at once 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Is spirulina ok ??

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

My morning smoothie:

- handful of arugula (makes it tastes amazing)

- handful of spinach

- 2 small leaves of kale

- 2 sticks of celery

- half an inch piece of ginger

- teaspoon chia seeds, flax seeds 

- 6 pieces of frozen strawberries

- 6 ripe bananas (spotted) 

- cup of coconut water or almond milk

- teaspoon of raw cocao nibs

@JustinS Wait what the fuck =D You eat for breakfast "6 ripe bananas" ? With the portion you described you could end the world hunger! =D

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@JustinS I am also confused. This is Family Size? 

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything

For meateaters.

My favorite hot dinner is chicken coated in turmeric and seasoned with pink salt, cooked in olive oil. Pair with baked sweet potato. You can add olive oil and pink salt to the yam, if you like, or leave it plain. Great combo. 

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything

• 7-8 strawberries+7-8 raspberries smoothie: fight against hunger & obesity/ supports to keep your attention focused.
  • Beet+carrot+apple+water: good for anemia
  • All vegetables: cooked with little water and olive oil. The ones I like:
  • Eggplant+onion+garlic+olive oil+water+ little salt = oven it then mash it add lemon
  • Spinach+onion+black pepper+olive oil+water+salt= add black olives 
  • Leek+carrot (cut them round)+a little white rice+olive oil+water+salt+ and very little sugar into this one for flavor.

Chicken broth or

hot water+honey+lemon 

They are natural serums for the body in necessary cases.

I wanna share an important information: "horse bean": boil it, drink the water. Or you can cook it with olive oil and dill. 

Arvid Carlsson- Nobel Prize 2000: 

In the brain, lack of dopamine causes Parkinson; high level dopamine causes schizophrenia. When syntactically given to the body, brain refuses it.

This vegetable has it naturally. 

P.S. I've done the smoothie today (with honey), I really liked it:) I would never think to add cacao and vanilla into such a thing; but.. oh.. that was really delicious! But didn't follow the measurements, I followed my regular improvisation technique:)

*actually I made it with fresh beet and fresh blueberries, that was really nice.

Edited by Sevi

Right i do many smoothies too. However keep the taste in one for the haters. 

First ? peel cut put that that bad banajama in the freezer. 

2 table spoons chia seeds and pint cocunut milk in the blender.

Almonds 1/8 cup toast them oven, stove. 

1/2 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or bean.

2 c washed strawberries. Freeze those too all this can be done in less than 10 minutes. Just need to love your food. 

Pinch of cilantro,watercrest, mint. Yup mint.

Dark chocolate. You have that dope. Put it in.

If not blend. However grapes or watermelon can make ultimate smoothies.

I like quinoa, bell pepper  and salmon with turmeric.   Cook the quinoa and the salmon with turmeric.  Squish it all together in a blanched bell pepper.  Yum!

Red potatoes griddle with onions in coconut oil. Mix in avocado and ripe romas. Just medly that into a guap.

Toss in fresh spinach and boom in the toasted pita/ or vegan wrap breakfast/lunch. To taste. Salt, pepper, hummus, vegan basil pesto, .??

Tortilla wrap + salad + any lean meat/fish = win 

A salad is always readily prepared from raw veggies (carrots, cucumber, lettuce, sweetcorn, red onion, tomatoes) and a stock of infinite wraps and freezer full of chicken, fish, veggie meat etc... 

@Martin123 Haha oh yea on a good day I have about 12 bananas in one smoothie, or eat em straight. ? I do a high carb and low fat diet, with dark leafy greens of course. Also eat a whole variety of other fruits. 

Check it out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1893831248/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491890396&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=80+10+10

@eskwire Just for one! I eat about 20 pieces of fruit/day. Less calories so I have to eat more. Feel amazing. Not 100% raw, still eat rice, potatoes, quinoa pasta. Rarely any meat. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1893831248/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491890396&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=80+10+10

I dont have any special recipe, but the last months I took a sports nutrition course and man it changed my life, I know exatcly what my body needs (and its not what my mind wants), it ended up that I've been eating mostly the same things:

5 meals a day -  I interchange lunch and dinner every other day (Meal 3 and 5) to get different micro nutrients, but breakfast (Meal 1 and 2) and the afternoon snack (Meal 4) are always the same stuff, I found out I was breaking because when I leave room for my mind to choose what it wants to eat I would always go to the bad side and eat junkie food.

Happy end - I dropped some pounds and I'm losing a lot of fat, the muscles in my belly are starting to show (I'm also doing it for the six pack, must confess) I have a lot more time now do do other stuff, instead of thinking about what I'm gonna eat next, thats the good thing about this secret recipes.

Like if you take this blueberry smoothie as Meal 1, define the other meals (for example those that people are suggesting here) you can put everything on my fitness pal and see the macro nutrients, you are done, simple like that, for me was trial and error, I wish I had done this before, I struggled a lot with food addiction, and this whole thing Leo talks about, find some secret recipes, its gold 9_9 

Master the mind and the body will follow, getting rid of petty things to jump straight to what is really important 

@JustinS I'm feeling all wrong here cause I only eat one banana per day, I will be adding 11 more xD

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@JustinS Further evidence that we really are just chimps ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Seems like folks are generally excited about the idea of cleaning up their diet

The idea is good but generally people are misinformed on the subject if i have to judge by the discussions on nutrition section. So to get facts straight the best diet for your health and well being is a plant based diet which is the diet you are designed to consume, yes humans are herbivores. 

Now that we got that out of the way this is my favorite breakfast so far:

• oatmeal 
  • non-dairy milk  
  • walnauts
  • almonds
  • hazelnuts
  • raisins
  • goji berries
  • bananas
  • strawberries

Just eyeball the portions and mix them all in a bowl.

This is extremely filling but If you still feel hungry in the morning after eating this just finish it off with Leo's shake and you are good to go.

Buckwheat porridge

Firstly let sprout some buckwheat (How to Sprout Buckwheat). I like to take 50 to 150 grams and let them sprout for 1.5 days.

When the buckwheat is ready I put it into a bucket with 1 to 3 bananas (ripe ones with brown dots!), a bit of liquid (water or a plant based milk) and mix them. Don't take too much liquid, rather take less and add some while mixing, until you get the wanted consistence.

You can also take the buckwheat without sprouting them. Then just let them soak in the water and wash the starch stuff away. But sprouts are much healthier. They have more vitamins, ate better digestible with fruit, and are more alkaline.

Sometimes I like to add some cacao powder, goji berries, flax seeds or dried fruit. Buckwheat and the bananas are just the basis.

I like to take buckwheat instead of oat meal or other stuff because it has no gluten and is raw. Most of the oats aren't raw anymore.

Wild Herb Smoothies

I often see that people are just putting greens like spinach or kale into their smoothies. But there are much better options - edible wild herbs!

It depends on the area you live in and the time of the year which wild herbs are available to you. In spring in Europe I like taking stinging nettles, dandelion, ashweed or sorrel. Do some research what grows around you, what they look like, and where to find them.

You can take wild herbs instead of other greens. They cost nothing. You just have to find some in your environment. Look in your garden or in a forest. Just make sure that the environment is clean - that there are no chemicals in the ground or that no dog pees or poops there ;)

Wild herbs have normally much more micronutrients than salad or other stuff. You just have to get used to the taste, but you will get used to it.