Loreena

Just Too Depressed

27 posts in this topic

I have been at the point many a times through this journey. There have been times where I experience deep fulfilment. However, these are short and often end with a surplus of depression and anxiety. These fears can feel so strong that they can prevent me from doing things that would help allievate them. 

This has honstley been the most helpful piece of advice I have got (and I have searched for years to rid myself of this state). That is to LOVE these feelings to death. When you experience depression, go into it. Why not discover what depression actually is? Ask, what are the sensations and perceptions that constitute for my depression? You will see they are not as bad as they are. I find it's all the bullshit and stories my mind adds onto the feeling which make them feel 10times worse. You can actually get to the place where you heavily enjoy these sensations. I am not joking. When these feelings arise within me I am so much more loving to them. I am getting to the point where I find them pleasant. This is the power of being mindful over life. Things can't really hurt you as much anymore. We have all these expectations of how should or should not feel. Imagine if we didn't have any of these expectations. Then our lives would truly be free, as any feeling or any moment will make you feel complete. Because this is life.

You can always do this while work on other aspects of your life to reduce these intense feelings. They go in tandem. Like also doing what jjer45 said. 

From my experience I see depression as a signal for change, it's my psyche telling me I am not living they way I want to. So I take it as something valuable. It's led to start improv, talk to more people, cook more, play squash, and be on a mission for me to find my passion. The sensations of depression is a part of nature and your psyche. Love that. It wants to be loved. The more you fight it the more angry it will become. It wants to be truly heard. 

I hope this helps. Much love to you and your journey. Isn't life beautiful <3

Edited by Huz

@Huz Aww Thank you ;3..yes depression can also be sign that change is needed. You're right.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena,.  

The quickest way out of depression is creativity.

Make an omelet. Make it the cutest one ever, or the ugliest one. put a smiley on it with olives and a carrot slice. Look at it. You have made that thing out of nothing. If it wasn't for you, it would never be there. 

Grab a pencil and doodle with it. See what comes up. Color the damn thing. Do you like it? Do you hate it? 

Notice your internal dialogue. What is it? Notice what your body does and think of same reactions in opposite situations. For example, you also lose your voice in a surprise situation or when extremely happy. 

Don't fight. Embrace. You are depressed. Okay. There is where you are right now. What is the next step you can take right this moment? Is it to lay down and cry? Cool. Do that. What next? The secret is to go off the automatic loop. Just see what it is that you are doing. Creativity is incompatible with depression. If you can create something, anything, it's like a rocket lifting you up. 

Just try it. :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Depression sucks. The good news is, no matter where you are, the circumstances you live with, or the shit sandwich you've been served, self development can be done by anyone, anywhere, any time.

Dont compare yourself with other people right now. Who cares about them anyway? Get in touch with yourself, learn to love yourself. Forget about everyone else. They don't matter any more. Your life is just as good, and just as important as the next person. Do you feel like your life is wasting away? Do you feel like every waking moment is a waste of time, and life? It's not. Time is just time. Your really arent missing out on all that much. Sit still in a quiet room for an hour and do nothing. This sounds miserable, and it is. But sometimes we need to reboot. Get in touch with your inner being, the rest is just a bonus.

11 minutes ago, abgespaced said:

@Loreena

Are you still depressed?

What are you depressed about?

Thank you so much for your consideration. There had been a lot of issues going on in my life with relationships and family. I'm recovering well now. I've decided to just focus on myself and take all that other stuff as either distractions/challenges. This is helping me.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly