Revolutionary Think

What Creates Hero's

62 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bodhi123 said:

he concept of “me” is creating the concepts of “good” and “evil” and placing them on appearances in consciousness (i.e. murder, hate, Hitler) which are neutral.

no, deeper than that. though, that is a start.  you conceive that there is a you with this influence. maybe there is no influence at all, maybe no you, maybe the result doesn't occur, all understanding is conceived, and there is zero certainty that any understanding is true. that any "thing" we believe we observe is actually there at all - whether that is a physical thing, or an action, or a concept itself. 

Edited by aryberry
adjustment in clarity.

@aryberry I was not stating my personal beliefs. You misunderstood the intent of my post.

It's all good :)

for there to be a hero there has to be a villain. 

I think evil as we define it in human terms is a very essential building block of the universe. 

But as we are consciousnesses taking a portion perspective of positiveness I doubt we will truly understand its purpose any day soon since it's our identity to move away from it and loathe it.
If we truly understood evil, could we then still be good? It's to understand to be? 
I think it's something like that. 
Maybe being evil is a different form of love, one we do not get. 

There's probably a dimension full of evil societies where spiritual evolution is based around getting more and more evil. 
The universe is infinite...

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

On 4/10/2017 at 4:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

If all of society conspired to help you effortlessly attain Truth, a hero's journey wouldn't be necessary and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

@Leo Gura Now that we are having this conversation. (Even though I wished we could've had it earlier.) I think even in the movies and film's the hero at least makes one or two good friends that help him along his journey. Was this the same for you or did you have to go it all alone with only books, meditation, and learning good habits? 

@Revolutionary Think The true hero's journey is one of self-realization.

The journey is complete once we truly discover Self. Until then the journey continues...

This thread got a video. How awesome and real time. ?

nothing is anything

All this talk of "evil/no evil" has been interesting. It seems pretty obvious that evil is the ego.

Ego separates from God - from consciousness - making "evil" deeds possible. 

Like Leo said in today's video, evil is "selfishness." What is the ego? A sense of self. Selfishness.

I end up listening to Christian sermons somewhat frequently because of the culture here. I just replace "the devil" or "evil" with "ego" in my mind and those sermons are fucking awesome. Rock my spiritual house. 

nothing is anything

The Meaning of Finn's Journey in "The Hall of Egress" (Adventure Time)

Very relevant, check it out if you have the extra 20 mins.

@Annetta If you don't mind me asking how did you put the things Leo says in his video into practice. What have you done and where did you see the improvement. BTW watched the video very interesting I think the idea is to just accept you wont have all the answers and it's OK to do things spontaneously. 

Heroes remind, and give hope, to the fearful that it is possible to overcome fears. It reminds and challenges them, that to do so requires some test of faith and values.

However, to the hero, especially the truthful person, they do not even consider themselves as a hero. They just see themselves as being faithful to the truth. Truth of the matter gives a knowing of how, or space, to move through the fear. This knowing transcends any language and time, and becomes difficult to explain how it came about. But seeing the truth of the matter gives them that knowing that it is okay to risk it regardless if they survive or not. The knowing of what is true was worth the risk to them. There are many examples of those that risk their lives to save others.

However, there are other people that are considered as heroes because it purely appeases the admire's own ego ideal of self. The hero may be as described above, but the admirer also claims the hero's actions for themselves. It can be seen when someone boast about the hero story that pleases them. Many sporting fans display such hero worship.

On 4/13/2017 at 8:22 AM, Bodhi123 said:

@Leo Gura

Perhaps we can come to an understanding.

Correct me if I am wrong. Your position is that all form, thought, and actions are appearances in consciousness. These appearances have no moral value. They simply appear in consciousness.

The concept of “me” is creating the concepts of “good” and “evil” and placing them on appearances in consciousness (i.e. murder, hate, Hitler) which are neutral.

Is this correct?

Good and evil is a distinction. All distinctions are relative. Consciousness/Truth is infinite and indistinct. It contains all distinctions, and therefore everything it contains both exists and does not exist, and all is Good and perfect. There is no other way it can be.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@John Flores Once you glimpse the Absolute, you'll realize it's Good and Perfect in the ultimate sense, without any opposite.

How can anything be bad when there is nothing to be lost or gained, and no one to lose or gain it?

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Good and evil is a distinction. All distinctions are relative. Consciousness/Truth is infinite and indistinct. It contains all distinctions, and therefore everything it contains both exists and does not exist, and all is Good and perfect. There is no other way it can be.

I have actually been contemplating a bit on this topic.

The question I've been contemplating is: What does divine perfection really mean?

I've come to the understanding that divine perfection means that everything is a manifestation of the Divine and as it should be (i.e perfect).

However, everything being Divine and perfect does not mean there isn't good and evil.

It just means that good and evil are both Divine and perfect.

Each an aspect of One.

3 hours ago, sweatergoat said:

But it hurts Leo. It hurts. 

Yes, the devil is burned by holy water ;)

1 hour ago, Bodhi123 said:

I have actually been contemplating a bit on this topic.

The question I've been contemplating is: What does divine perfection really mean?

I've come to the understanding that divine perfection means that everything is a manifestation of the Divine and as it should be (i.e perfect).

However, everything being Divine and perfect does not mean there isn't good and evil.

It just means that good and evil are both Divine and perfect.

Each an aspect of One.

You understand that evil is always relative to a who, yes? Like, who is it evil for? Like who is it hot or cold for? Only for some who. For some other who, it's not evil, it's good, it's not hot, it's cold.

What you're calling evil is just that which is deleterious to your or mankind's survival. What's evil to man might be good for birds or trees, and vice versa. Pretty arrogant of you to assume that man holds some privileged position. It only appears that way to you because you happen to be a man. If you were a bird, a tree, a coral, a fly... all your notions of evil would be flipped upside down.

What you're attempting to do is exactly what naive people do when they think about up and down. People on the north pole think that north is up. While people on the south pole think the opposite. And in reality, there is no up or down, north or south because reality doesn't have a who relative to whom such a judgment could be made. This becomes patently obvious as soon as you exit the context of the Earth. In outer space -- the larger context -- it's very clear there is no up or down. But if you've lived on Earth your whole life, it's very hard to believe that. Because the Earth is such an all-encompassing context. Seemingly at least. In fact there are 300 billion star systems in our galaxy alone. And there are 100 billion galaxies in our universe. And that's just ONE universe! And you are just ONE self-agenda out of trillions just on this planet! It is estimated that there are some 10 quintillion (10,000,000,000,000,000,000) individual insects alive on planet Earth. Each one with a different sense of what's good and bad for it. So in conclusion, you ain't as special as you like to think. Nothing that mind of yours desires or opines matters. Like... AT ALL! Your grandest moral theories are less significant than an ant fart.

Think this through very self-honestly, objectively, without your personal or human biases. This insight is really quite obvious. If you can't get this, there's no way in hell you're gonna get enlightenment. How are you to grasp that existence itself is relative? Existence only appears to exist to you. In fact, it doesn't exist because there is no who who could distinguish existence from non-existence. Not only is evil relative, all of reality, all the laws of physics, EVERYTHING possible is relative. The only reason you exist is because you say so. Which is of course why you are so insistent about it ;)

Reality is Absolutely relative. Get it?