Sooraj sunilkumar

Stage Fear

8 posts in this topic

I've a problem... 

Actually i wanna be a movie actor, mentally I've the confidence to perform in any audition stage, but i still feels like am not that better than any other participants, and I've a lot of fear about performing on a movie audition.. and am a 3D animator too... We do act in front of the camera every day for shooting the video reference.. and my friends are saying that I've the talent to become an actor.. but i still have that fear when am performing in front of someone who that i don't known... 

Can you help me ??

Hi. Introverted musician here.

The way you get over stage fright, is by getting on stage. It really is that simple. Simple, but not easy. Most of the things you really want in life are that way.

Cheers!

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

You get on the stage, and you do your part, despite the fear. You will have to go through it to overcome it

For once n for all get involved with it completely. Try contemplating, why do I have this fear? What is the bottom line? What is this fear serving? Etc. But contemplate deep.

Know that the fear will never, ever go away. Never.

Your task is to learn how to accept it, embrace it and perform in spite of it.

And to do that you must get on stage, over and over again, so that you know your fear intimately, its needs and wants, how to befriend it.

When you begin to feel the fear do not fight it. Instead focus on it, go into it and let it spread throughout your entire body and awareness. You will find the feeling better than any high.

Depending on where you live, I suggest that you try a few improv classes. Most schools will give you stage time at the end of the term, and you can form a troupe with your classmates to do further performances. This is the probably the quickest way to gain stage experience and master stage fright.

Getting on stage with no safety net, not even knowing what you're going to say or do until you do it, knowing that each and every time you go on stage you could fuck it up. Now that's what I call fun!

@Sooraj sunilkumar If you are prepared enough, fear will melt away.

Let's say hypothetically that all you are supposed to do on stage is clap your hands 2 times. You would not fear that one bit because you trust your ability to be able to do that.

Same thing, if you would know your act inside and out, you would trust that the act would be on autopilot once you are on stage.

Would you still have butterflies in your stomach? Yes, but that's not fear, that's excitement. 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

On 4/5/2017 at 7:22 PM, Sooraj sunilkumar said:

I've a problem... 

Actually i wanna be a movie actor, mentally I've the confidence to perform in any audition stage, but i still feels like am not that better than any other participants, and I've a lot of fear about performing on a movie audition.. and am a 3D animator too... We do act in front of the camera every day for shooting the video reference.. and my friends are saying that I've the talent to become an actor.. but i still have that fear when am performing in front of someone who that i don't known... 

Can you help me ??

One thing you'd get from daily morning meditation, is you would no longer have that fear.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE