blacksapp

How To Stop Acting Like A Child / Teenager ?

13 posts in this topic

I mean, I'm 22 years old and sometimes my communication (talking) and some mindsets looks like a teenager or something like this...kinda superficial and 'kiddy'. 
I don't know how to describe it by now but, there's any way of 'growing faster' ? Or change this mindset by doing practical things?
T h a n k s!

you're going to change real fast if you face the things that scare you the most, matters of the heart. 

if you want to grow, you have to do something that you really care about and that makes you feel vulnerable. 

vulnerability is strength, it's easy to not care about anything and give up, and pretend you're fine not doing the things you're avoiding. 
the hard thing is being vulnerable, if you want to grow, do things that make you vulnerable, that you make you feel like you're on the edge. 

that's where the real stuff happens, be it chasing after a dream, a person, learning a project...something that's real and not just your daily routine

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Start thinking more realistically. This was tough for me too. But it takes some time. I visualize myself as an old matured person and try to imagine how they would react in specific situations. Try to gain more knowledge about the world. Watch news. Become aware of what's happening around you in the outside world. Focus only on essential things like money, time, relationships, family, health, career. Cut out random stuff from your everyday life. Reduce time wastage in silly things. 

Read more books. Socialize. Participate . Volunteer. This way you develop a more matured perspective on things. Cut out television because there's too much make believe stuff shown on it. Watch documentaries. Read biographies and learn from other's life stories. 

Hang out with older folks. They tell you a lot that youngsters don't know or don't discuss. 

Writing and journaling is one of the fastest ways of growing, gaining maturity and intellectual growth. My intellectual capacity increased 10 fold just by writing. 

Talk more. Have conversations. Discuss any topics. Talking increases receptivity. Our brains get more receptive when we talk a lot. 

Get creative. Express ideas about important topics through sketching, flow charts, funny tweets or one liners. 

Become more and more aware of life and the world. 

If any more ideas pop up, I will post them later here

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

For me gaining responsibility was a big factor in growing up, when you are still a child, you don't have to take things seriously because you'll be fine anyway. But when you're an grownup you have to, or you'll  be living on the streets(metaphorically). You have to in other words be completely independent and preferably have to build everything from scratch (i.e. not be spoiled).

Traveling alone might also help, preferably abroad.

1 hour ago, blacksapp said:

How To Stop Acting Like A Child / Teenager?

Get a lifeless job, seek a material life, concentrate on joyless pursuits, dwell on grown-up non-existing worries, stop playing, stop laughing, stop feeling.

That should do it.

Edited by jse

Let go of control and accept yourself for who you are is what others might say. I would say you should try to behave more like an adult in your daily life. That means come up with a vision on what you are like as an adult and try it out. See if it works in lign with you and what your authentic self wants. But in doing that, you need to fill in the details and be concrete here because It's your life. 

If your vision and adult identity is not in alignment, you can always go back, but the sad thing is to never experiment and explore in the first place. There is nothing wrong with being a child and adult at the same time; as long as you know when to be mature and when to be silly, you know? 

When you are at home with a friend or whatever,  you are free to act basically however you want. But when you're communicating with your boss for a raise, you want to be more mature and show your adult traits. 

1 hour ago, blacksapp said:

I mean, I'm 22 years old and sometimes my communication (talking) and some mindsets looks like a teenager or something like this...kinda superficial and 'kiddy'. 
I don't know how to describe it by now but, there's any way of 'growing faster' ? Or change this mindset by doing practical things?
T h a n k s!

When you are 22 you may think those older then you got it figured out. 

The truth is most people as they get older become more dysfunctional versions of themselves, as Leo said it in one of his videos. The dont become better. They regress. This will be painfully clear to you when you are in your 30's.

Good chance the people who make those comments to you are no way ahead of you. 

If anything you want to stay connected to the kid in you. I think Leo mentioned something along those lines as well. I think it was in a video called "What you truly want". 

Edited by STC

Now you are going to stop acting like a kid , because you noticed that you act like one, but the is nothing wrong  putting some playful some times in your life, you don't have to be always serious in life, is ok to make jokes sometimes but you must check the time and the place when doing that,

Every time when you talk to someone, read their personality first, and then you'll know what to say to them.

Play but  think of what you say first, IS THIS GONNA BUILD A STRONG RELATIONSHIP IF I SAY IT OR NOT ?

I am now 23. I also struggled with that kid mentality and still doing the inner work of improving myself. Note that it is a Limiting Belief that is entirely possible to overcome (Leo has very deep explanations about this concept Busting Limiting Beliefs, especially in the LP course). 

I posted a thread regarding my situation.

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/7685-limiting-belief-i-am-still-too-young-but-i-am-now-23/

Edited by mathieu

I would say this is the age that you should focus on yourself more than anything else. This is the age when you actually start to discover yourself. I can only talk from my experience...so, try to discover who you really are, try to find out your top values in life, what you like, what you dislike and so on. 

If you manage to get in touch with your authentic self, you`ll have a vision and something that you maybe want to focus in life.

Be patient, and good luck!