Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JulyStairs

Are Politics Important To Be Part Of Or My Life?

7 posts in this topic

Hello there.

I have a question about whether it is important to be part of politics or not. I'm just asking this because I want to actualize the best way I can and Leo said in his rant against society  that politics are just chimps in cages, flinging sh*t at each other ,but does that now mean that I can't vote later on in my life or something? Anyway thanks for your help!

If you're not a politician, forget about politics. It's all chimpery bullshit. You can still vote yeah but stop wasting your energy and time watching mindless tv about front runners like trump etc. Focus on developing yourself. It's going to be great for you later in life. 

Yes of course you can participate without bias and judgement,just do't get too involved and passionate about the shit storm and blind chimpery.Use your high consciousness and vote.Don't keep yapping and yapping and invest hundreds of hours of your time like the majority of the chimps.

"Everything in moderation, including moderation."-Oscar Wilde

I'm in a 3rd world country living amongst the side that's rebelling against the government. I don't know shit and I don't really care. People around me get dumbfounded when they know how much I don't know. My friends occasionally makes fun of it. It's almost negative that I don't know some fundamental things, I guess I've got other things to worry about for now. I'll work on that later if need be.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

Think for yourself 

Are you interested in politics? 
See, maybe you are - but now the opinions of some guys here in this forum influence you in a way that contradicts with your field of interest. The political systems we live under today are quite flawed and for the most part very corrupt. But guess what, this is an issue that cant be answered with a black or white point of view. Ultimately its never the system that is flawed, its always fault of the human beings behind the curtain. 

Living an actualized and mindful life doesnt mean you shouldnt vote. It doesnt mean you cant read the newspaper. It doesnt mean that you cant have a favourite political party. It doesnt mean to sit in the corner avoiding every "low conciousness"-activity - thats bullshit! If you say that, you have not understood what this is about. 

Its about going through life while being aware of all the fallacies, obstacles, mindsets, believes, paradigms that hold people back at their low level of conciousness, happyness, actualization - finally their general life, so that you dont fall into the same trap and follow the same dogma. Here lies the problem with going too much into politics in my opinion - the refugee crisis in Europe is a great example of this and a great case to study human behaviour and the effects of political ideologies or the ego. 

Finally, if you feel the urge to get involved into political activities, then do it! 
If this was just a general question, then NO - you dont have to give a single shit about the political world. Personally, I try to retain a small window of knowledge about the current situation in my country and the world. Its quite interesting in my opinion and you cant deny that big political decisions have definitely influence over your life too. When I talk about it with my friends I also try to open up their believes by giving them other perspectives or arguments that maybe changes their point of view to a less dogmatic one.

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

People with the heart in the right place is more needed than ever in our society. If you think that you can make the world a little bit better through politics then go for it.