Afonso

Meditation Resistance

6 posts in this topic

I've been meditating everyday, sometimes twice a day, for 5 months straight.

However, I still feel resistant when it's time to meditate. It's subtle, but the resistance is still there. Does it ever go away? Or will I always feel this resistance to meditate? 

It's hard to say.

What kind of method do you use when meditating?
Do you think of certain things, do you focus on certain things, do you use any music?

Tell us more?

always see things in a gradient

how resistant were you when you first started?  
how resistant are you now?  
how huge is that difference?  
now imagine that same decrease of resistance, between before and now, in a future setting like now and now in like 6 months.  

if you managed to decrease the resistance so much why wouldn't you be able to keep doing it?  
you can obliterate that resistance if you want to, slowly, gradually , and you could go beyond resistance....to the point where you approach meditation in an entirely new way.  

as you keep decreasing resistance what would resistance turn into? once you make it past that point where there is no resistance?  that point of zero resistance  

a negative feelings turns positive, try to imagine the positive polarity of resistance and aim for that. your imagination is your limit.  

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

2 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

always see things in a gradient

how resistant were you when you first started?  
how resistant are you now?  
how huge is that difference?  
now imagine that same decrease of resistance, between before and now, in a future setting like now and now in like 6 months.  

if you managed to decrease the resistance so much why wouldn't you be able to keep doing it?  
you can obliterate that resistance if you want to, slowly, gradually , and you could go beyond resistance....to the point where you approach meditation in an entirely new way.  

as you keep decreasing resistance what would resistance turn into? once you make it past that point where there is no resistance?  that point of zero resistance  

a negative feelings turns positive, try to imagine the positive polarity of resistance and aim for that. your imagination is your limit.  

That looks like a good way to see things. 

Still encountering resistance, and it's been almost one year :P

Thing is, resistance isn't really a problem once you realize it's just your mind being a pussy,

You'll still do it :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It's been 2+ years and I still feel the resistance everyday unless I come home from a tough day at work. I just have to sit down and the rest is easy. For me, sitting down is 50% of it.