HMD

If I do not exist, then who’s breathing?

75 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You see, name-calling always comes back to bite you in the donkey. Solipsism confirmed again. It's all you. 

hahaha good one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HMD There is I when we say there is no I we are referring to the I that's selfish within us we want to destroy that "I"

but for sure there is an "I" and you have the freedom to choose and decide in your life

In spirituality we only want to get rid of the selfish ego that's why we sometimes say there is no "I" and sometimes it could be misleading 

but don't be mislead there is an "I" for sure 

much Love my brother

Edited by Atb210201

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2023 at 5:13 AM, Leo Gura said:

You absolutely exist. Not as a human, but as Consciousness.

I've had some very strange insights on this I'm having trouble wrapping my head around. From a scientific perspective is the "one who listens" the deeper self and the "one who talks" just an operating system?

On some level we're all just a collection of 37 Trillion cells or whatever. So is consciousness just an operating system a "GUI" if you will? I've listened to enough actualized/deepak/others to agree with it in concept but wanted to think about it for myself.
I can't help but think (and had some insights meditating/psychedellics) that there is a silent controlling force to the entire world (maybe even elementary particles?) which would make logical sense given that we're technically all relatives of a big ball of matter that just popped into the universe in a trillionth of a second (big bang.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we say "I do not exist", we're referring to the personal self, the ego or the individual sense of "me". This doesn't imply that life or consciousness ceases to exist. Rather, it points to a shift from being identified with an individual persona to recognizing one's connection with a broader, universal life force or consciousness.

Breathing continues, life goes on, but it's no longer seen as something orchestrated by a separate entity or 'I'. Instead, it's understood as part of the spontaneous flow of life itself. This "who" that is animating the body and breathing comes to be recognized as the same essence or Intelligence that underlies all of existence.

The understanding of "who's breathing" deepens as our consciousness evolves. Initially, we might identify ourselves as the body-mind complex doing the breathing. As we advance on the spiritual path, we start to recognize the underlying life force that not only enables breathing but also supports every other form and phenomena in the universe. 

In essence, when we ask "who's breathing?", we're inviting ourselves to look beyond the surface level of individuality. Slowly but surely, this exploration can lead us to discover the boundless, timeless aspects of our being, beyond the limited "I" that we usually take ourselves to be. In this more expanded view, the sense of a personal 'doer' dissolves, yet life continues to unfold spontaneously and beautifully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2023 at 10:00 AM, Dabidoe said:

On some level we're all just a collection of 37 Trillion cells or whatever. So is consciousness just an operating system a "GUI" if you will?

No.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2023 at 0:00 PM, Dabidoe said:

I've had some very strange insights on this I'm having trouble wrapping my head around. From a scientific perspective is the "one who listens" the deeper self and the "one who talks" just an operating system?

On some level we're all just a collection of 37 Trillion cells or whatever. So is consciousness just an operating system a "GUI" if you will? I've listened to enough actualized/deepak/others to agree with it in concept but wanted to think about it for myself.
I can't help but think (and had some insights meditating/psychedellics) that there is a silent controlling force to the entire world (maybe even elementary particles?) which would make logical sense given that we're technically all relatives of a big ball of matter that just popped into the universe in a trillionth of a second (big bang.) 

Consciousness is information. Consciousness is the Electromagnetic Field. Consciousness is Light.

We shape this Light, this Consciousness as we recieve it from other apparent locations in Space/Time, interpreting, thus creating the world as we see it. However, other locations are essentially illusory for everwhere is Here & Now, the world is only a function of our understanding how two entities within the mind relate with one another in the conceptual framework of space/time.

Edited by tuku747

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wonderful part of this work, is the ones who have not awakened eventually get tired of pretending that they have. You can only pretend for so long to be what you are not. Eventually God gets tired of acting and trying to be a specific identity in the appearance of existence.


You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can wake up and have the insight that the experience of breathing ontologically speaking wasn't even happening at all. I had this on my first bufo trip. 

Imagine the scene of the first Matrix, where Morpheus asked Neo, do you think what you are breathing is air? 

I know, crazy right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@UnbornTao still working on it. 
 

So far, this line of contemplation has led me to realise absolutely that I as an ego am a complete illusion. Whatever I think I am inside my head, that whole identity is a thought that’s illusory. 
 

When seen from outside the ego’s perspective, reality is infinity, or a part of it. It is beyond “me”. It is. isness. Impersonal but very personal at the same time. 
 

breath is this infinity too. It is also isness. No one is breathing, breath isn’t there, it’s just isness. All of this used to give me panic attacks but now I seem to accept it. I accept my own reality. 
 

But I’ll keep going until I have some cool 1 liner as an answer for the initial question xD 

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Razard86 said:

The wonderful part of this work, is the ones who have not awakened eventually get tired of pretending that they have. You can only pretend for so long to be what you are not. Eventually God gets tired of acting and trying to be a specific identity in the appearance of existence.

Isn't that what "death" is?


Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HMD said:

@UnbornTao still working on it. 
 

So far, this line of contemplation has led me to realise absolutely that I as an ego am a complete illusion. Whatever I think I am inside my head, that whole identity is a thought that’s illusory. 
 

When seen from outside the ego’s perspective, reality is infinity, or a part of it. It is beyond “me”. It is. isness. Impersonal but very personal at the same time. 
 

breath is this infinity too. It is also isness. No one is breathing, breath isn’t there, it’s just isness. All of this used to give me panic attacks but now I seem to accept it. I accept my own reality. 
 

But I’ll keep going until I have some cool 1 liner as an answer for the initial question xD 

Okay, however keep to the question without jumping to conclusions, what you're looking for is a direct consciousness not an answer. happy contempltion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HMD said:

breath is this infinity too. It is also isness. No one is breathing, breath isn’t there

I think it's simple, when the self is said to be illusory it means the self as opposed to what is not the self. reality now is this experience, and you are that. in this experience things arise. One of them is that it dawns every day, another is your breathing, and many others. The interesting question is: what are you beyond experience? What is reality ultimately? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not necessarily interested in awakening in the way others are describing it to be honest. There seems to be an airy-fairy self important vibe that doesn't appeal to me. I greatly cherish my moments of deep insight and understanding, but communicating them seems to be like pissing in the wind a bit. I don't have the right words and seems to fall on deaf ears.

In my truly introspective moments I am able to see my "self" as a construct, a set of experiences and DNA behaving semi-autonomously outside of what I guess others are describing as consciousness which I think I mislabeled. That said you are still stuck being your "self" right, you don't awaken yourself out of having to walk to the bathroom correct?

On Psychedelics and deep meditation I suppose to use the parlance of the group "My consciousness sees my lower self" and I have an intuition that the consciousness while invisible on some levels is also a universal force that's tied to love.

That said I do not want to have conversations with 99.99% of people about this as it seems to diminish the truth behind it trying to explain it to people who seem to have no idea what I'm talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now