PureExp

Meditation: A Dream In God's Infinite Mind

6 posts in this topic

I watched this entire video last night and it really had a deep meaning to me.  The way he puts things resonates with me and I really like how he explained how there is one consciousness, not every living human being has their own separate consciousness, that would be believing that there are 7 billion separate consciousnesses  If you truly understand that then you will know that we are all connected to each other under a collective consciousness thereby dispelling the myth that we are all separate and alone experiencing the body and mind as separate from every other body and mind.  This is the illusion that the false self creates.

That's how I understood it

Edited by LRyan

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.

@The IdiotArab Thank you. I hope its useful. :)

@LRyan Yes, I understand it in same way. Except that the "false self" (aka Ego or identity) is itself an illusion. All divisions and illusions are creation of mind. Minds enables a separate individuated experience of human life for the consciousness. However, the price consciousness pays for it is ignorance and suffering.

In the last part, he goes on saying that all our minds are also one.... parts of a bigger mind. I call it universal mind. UM is creating everything, as a virtual reality, a dream. In fact I have a feeling that the boundaries between our individual minds are very-very thin, and are also virtual.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

Thank you for sharing. Very deep. 

At the first glance, very similar teachings to Eckhart. 

@PureExp Yes, that's how I believe it to be also a UM.  Yes I believe that as well...as long as the mind is identified with the false self which is the ego, then it will suffer.  Once we realize that the universe does not make mistakes, it can't....then we know that we must be perfect and whole as we were created, we can't be anything but.  That's when I truly realized my ego and the destruction and insanity it causes the human being.  

I'm so glad I found this site to re-iterate what deep down, I already know but maybe the mind needs the illusion of the computer screen with the words on it for it to sink in! lol!!

Examine what you believe to be impossible, and then change your beliefs.