Revolutionary Think

Leo Before Self-actualization

22 posts in this topic

All I know about Leo is that his dad was always looking for the next Get rich quick scheme and after he graduated University he wanted to become a game developer and that didn't work out. I think people who want more out of life kind of have similar traits but, you can all correct me if I'm wrong. I think at a very young age they sense something is wrong. For example as early as middle school I could sense something wrong when teachers hated their jobs, school was getting too tough, and I had trouble making friends. A lot of people tell you that life just has to suck and that's the way things are at an early age but, people who want to self-actualize go against that grain.

One other trait is that we don't really fit into mainstream society or tend to question it a lot. I see that a lot of people are OK with the way society is going and they care a lot about pop culture and just getting social with friends once in a while and going about their 9 to 5 jobs. I think people who undertake a self-actualization journey aren't really happy with society and the direction their lives are heading and want to see what else is out there for them. Another trait I saw was that we have some kind of master plan whether it worked out or didn't work out (in my case it didn't) for example I was always hoping that I'd give an amazing speech in front of millions of people and it would move them to give up on habits like doing drugs, drinking, and being racist. Or I'd give an amazing speech about education reform and what we could do to improve the lives of students so school wouldn't feel like such a boring pain in the neck. I also saw this in Leo when he had the idea of designing amazing video games but, the system didn't really pave a path for him.

So what I like to know and Leo if you are listening tell me at what age did you look at self-actualization when did that spark go off when you said to yourself that life has to be something more than what it is now. I'd also like to know if you hit any kind of rock bottom in your life right before self-actualization work that prompted you to think about improving your life in any tangible way. I think that information would be helpful to me and others. Anyone else though can answer this question as well. I think the more like minded people we have that can share valuable information the more valuable this forum will be to everyone. It's like a giant collaborative process of improving our lives and making it the best it can possibly be given our circumstances and capabilities. 

I guess somewhere around 2007

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I have issues with love. 

Everytime i feel love its somthing ripping it back out. Lucifer effect.

Im finding myself and the negatives want back in. It is a constant battle between good and evil.

Only choice free will. Imagine im not alone. Feel as one. Be love not lost. Following my heart my soul. 

Nothing about personal development/ spiritually true meaning ir existence is easy. Only how show my path to others is difference.

Feel me?

As a child the world seems like an orderly place.  You go to school, you live in a house, you eat food, adults work, and everything seems to run smoothly. You assume as you grow older things will naturally fall into place and all will be well. No questions asked.

Then you grow older and become more aware of the world.

Perhaps your parent’s divorce, you try drugs or alcohol for the first time, you notice your parents can’t afford to provide you with everything you desire. In one way or another your innocence is diminished.

You complete your required schooling. One of two things happen:

1) Things don’t go your way. You begin working and find out that just getting by is a struggle. Or maybe, you further your education and follow the prescribed steps for success and yet you still struggle to get by.

2) Things go your way. You get married and land a good job. Congratulations you have succeeded at life. Yet there is a part of you that is unsatisfied. There is a part of you that asks, “is this all there is?”

In both situations life turns out a bit different than what you perceived as a child.

Three Types of People:

1) Some people are happy with their lives and feel no need for self-actualization.

2) Some people are unsatisfied with their lives and deal with it.

3) Some people are unsatisfied with their lives and decided to do something about it.

I guess the people on Actualized.org fit into the third category.

@Bodhi123 You would think with as many years as humans have lived on this Earth that something like this would've been realized by now. So many years of human history with pain and suffering that people haven't realized that maybe the best way to live is to minimize the suffering and neurosis as much as possible but, quite amazingly people who realize this are a rare breed. I'm wondering in the future if things will get better or worse if there'll be more enlightened people or less enlightened people? I'm wondering what the future holds? If I went through hell when I was younger I'd certainly wouldn't want that for the future generations yet, ironically our parents might complain about the terrible things they went through while they were young. Although I doubt that at a certain point in their lives if they really wanted to get to the root of the problem. All I know is that since I'm sentient in this world right here right now I can change the course of my life to have absolutely no regrets and live it to the fullest. 

56 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

I'm wondering what the future holds?

I also wonder about the future. I wonder if humanity at-large will recognize our folly. I wonder if the will is there to make the necessary changes. I wonder if those in power will loosen their grasp. I wonder if we're too late. I wonder...

1 hour ago, Revolutionary Think said:

All I know is that since I'm sentient in this world right here right now I can change the course of my life to have absolutely no regrets and live it to the fullest. 

I fully support this mentality.

Hello friends! :)

I love thinking about the future. I am betting the future will be like nothing we can imagine, but also, I am betting the future will be like the ideals we picture when we look at our society. At the moment, our society is lacking a radical sort of way of looking at the world, a radical open-mindedness. In fact, open-mindedness right now is not practical. If you are open-minded about murder, you will be condemned for all eternity, but in the future people will see it in a tremendously different way. 

Slowly, but surely, we are moving to a higher consciousness. Just think about all the changes occurred in the last 200 years thanks to the Industrial Revolution. We have nicer dwellings, longer lives, and through some courage, there has been better human rights. Unfortunately, we are born in this time where things are still in this slow process of moving up, so we just have to accept our lives, and be aware that, at least, the future of humanity looks promising. 

A future society will encompass individuality. Right now, many of us are individual thinkers who see flaws in society, but the future society will have more of these individual thinkers coming together to form that society. It will consist of compassion, non-judgment, gratitude, creativity, etc... and a million other things that we embrace but see lacking in our own societies. 

And of course open-mindedness. When we see people in our society, even though they may seem like they're righteous and good willed (and they are), there is this lack of embracing ALL of life. And all the things that life brings. We can say that murder is wrong. But in the future society where people are raised in good homes, and technologies are available to enhance the human brain to be freed of the emotional stress many of us have to deal with, no one will murder anyone, and yet, people will have a good enough open mind to even embrace concepts of murder and rape and war, but they will never need to initiate it because there is no reptilian brain, or fear, to entice them into it, you see!

Ahhh, the future will be so awesome. I am hoping this change will occur in the next 400 years, and I hope to see some of it in my lifetime. 

Things will only get better, you'll see!!!! :D

@Revolutionary Think From before I was 10 years old. I was always self-actualizing in some degree, just not calling it that and not always as directly as now.

I suspect that some people are just born more conscious than others. Not to say I'm better than anyone, but to me it just doesn't make sense how people can not question life and not aspire to grow fully.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

your past lives determine the baseline psychology you start with in the current life, and the environment and circumstances you're born in, that then shape you in the subsequent years

this is what my research has been pointing to: conditioning and conditioned experiences. no knowledge retention, no mission to complete, no particular purpose, nowhere to get to, no lessons to learn and no religious prophecy to come true. no spirit that comes in or out of the body for the body (matter) is the visible part of The Spirit.

the life i experience is conditioned by

• easiness to appreciate
    • art
    • mathematics
    • minimalism
    • a large variety of spiritual practices
    • deep existential questions
  • body domain

unborn Truth

@Revolutionary Think From a young age I found self-actualization as well, I was always an outcast and a deep thinker who never really fit in anywhere. Although it did take me a long time to realize what self-actualization actually was, I did notice that most people around me were completely miserable with their lives and I couldn't see myself working for the rest of my life in a mindless boring job like everyone else. Like Leo said, I think some people are just born with the ability to see through the illusion of society/ego at a young age. For a long time I thought I was just crazy and felt like I was the only one who felt this way but once I found Leo he helped me connect the dots together. I do see a lot of changes going on now though, and a lot more people are waking up from what I've been seeing. It's great that we have communities like these around now to help spread the ideas, I think the future looks promising :) 

@Leo Gura I got the exact same thoughts my whole life. why don't people question existence? 

@Big_D Well it wasn't until highschool where I truly grasped the infiniteness of our cosmos and how no one knew exactly where we were or what we were doing here. When you're so sucked into mainstream culture, society, or whatever that keeps you away from Being you become absorbed with the mind's activity of ego, self image, and stories. People are just stuck in their everyday normal matrix of reality. A bit of psychedelics can help with that but it may not be what the person may want to see especially if they cling to their "reality"; bad trip. 

Before a friend introduced me to Leo and his videos I went on a science and philosophy chat and asked in the philosophy of science section if they should teach about what makes us happy in the schools. Then eventually someone there was constantly asking me for proof of why the schools should be changed. Then I saw Leo's videos about paradigms and scientific thinkers that are stuck in a paradigm lock. I brought that to their attention and one of the mods literally locked the thread so I couldn't post anymore. I must admit I did it in a bit of an abrasive way but, I wasn't using any foul language or cursing anyone. Anyway I link to this not for advertisement purpose because I couldn't care less about advertising their blog but, just so all of you can get a glimpse of how purely scientific thinkers think and compare and contrast it to enlightened thinking. http://www.sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32399  

4 hours ago, JustinS said:

97f12088b58d254e55ac38dc22895b2e.jpg

And the real winner is Forrest Gump there on the left!!! Haha

Great picture by the way, I love it :D

I think that image means that one with hardly any knowledge just sees the smokescreen. The one with a lot of knowledge see's the world in a way that sucks but, the enlightened person sees things as they are and it's not good or bad. 

@Leo Gura I think that my thread with these highly rational people I had on the science chat is something you should look into. I'm just listening to your argument against rationalism video and it so reminds me of the non emotional way that some of those people on that chat acted when it came to education reform.