retardedhorse1

The Potential Danger In Some Of Leos Videos (im Fucked)

27 posts in this topic

Hello guys/leo,

i know Leo has good intentions with his videos, i dont doubt that.

However, some of the content might do more harm than good.Im talking about all the existential stuff.

His videos about enlightement, noself all that kinda stuff have thrown me into a deep existential hell of depersonalization.

Again, i know this is not his intention and its certainly my traumatic past and anxious, highly sensitive personality that predisposed me to this.

But dude, be careful with what ideas your spreading and expecially how you present them.Running around, telling people they dont exist has the potential to completely ruin their lifes.Everyone in my situation just wants to be a normal human being again.And whoever responds to this, please dont tell me about "oh thats just your ego talking etc."If your in this existential hell, you dont want to hear about enlightement and all that kind of stuff.You just want to be a normal human being! Its VERY FUCKING EASY to talk about this when your not in this kind of situation.

I really just want to call attention to the potential danger in some of leos videos.

And lets be real here, how many people have actually gotten closer to "enlightenment"(or whatever the fuck) by watching them vs. how many were just kind of entertained vs. how many were deeply disturbed and potentially thrown into a deep depression/Dp/dr.What do you think?

I love a lot of leos content, dont get me wrong.But i suggest he might want to consider reframing some of these buddhist concepts in a way that is healthy for those without a stable personality.Just saying man..if he did a video for people to better deal with these ideas, he would do a lot of good for many, im certain of that.

Anyway, just something that i think is very very important to keep in mind.

And again, please no spiritual response.

Thanks!

@retardedhorse1 I agree with you. Less ego focus and more happy focus would be more ideal to me. However, Leo is free to do what he wants and that's the overall message I think we should each take. He's kicking as at Leoing. You can start kicking ass at retardedhorse1ing.  Have you listened to any Abraham Hicks ? Ultra comforting and positive. I think it's the flavor you're looking for. Abraham is the love of growth. Leo is the Bruce mother fuckin Lee of growth. Make a recipe for yourself. Variety.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If it's harmful to you, it might be good to wonder why. But you don't have to. Just skip em if it doesn't help you :) 

I think all self help has dangers to it. And it's a business at the end of the day. So, take EVERY piece of advice you get as if it worked for the person giving, and might not work for you and even be harmful. Same goes with enlightenment. Nobody has authority over you. 

My guess is Leo's work process isn't about research with many subjects and control groups and stuff. But more like, you research stuff and tell your friends about it. Except that he gives a lot of details and examples and his personal view on the topic his explaining. 

I personally like the existential mind fucks. 

I like Leo's style. He is shocking people out of their delusion, instead of just giving them new "feel good" concepts. Otherwise people wouldn't really listen and understand the message. The majority is so deeply entangled in the dream of their identity, that they won't even consider that it's just a fictional fabrication. This "no bullshit" method is needed to directly point to all the illusions and make people question their deep rooted beliefs.

You are so right.  I've spent too much time listening to assholes and not enough listening to myself or to people who want to show me kindness, which colors my whole world brown.  Yes, I know I am doing this to myself, but if anyone wants to say it's my fault go fuck yourself.  I'm not the Buddha, and most of these frustrations comes from subconcious processes that are going to take many years of cycling through the same unaligned shit in order to sort any of it out. 

Leo himself acknowledges that the no self realization is very beautiful, but isn't exactly a poet about this.  He is more of a clever thinker.  I can't remember who said it, but I'd prefer to think of it this way:  why not see what we CAN do with this existence that is aparently before us.  I know I'm saying the same thing essentialy but it allows me to let down my psychic censor more easily.  I want to fill my emptiness with the four immeasurables, not panic about whether or not my ego is making things up.  Of course it is.  I don't care!  I think I'm gonna join you in finding a wrigglier, prettier, warmer version of spirituality.  Maybe we can make up our own?

My first meditation teacher was very compassionate:  Mingyur Rinpoche.  He helped write the Joy of Living.  This and probably any of the books in the recommended book section of the forum can probably be easily requested through your local inter-library loan system.  I like books because when it feels like there's noone there to hold your hand, you at least have another being's mind to work with.  Very calming, and beautiful.

Edited by MissMiki

17 hours ago, retardedhorse1 said:

Hello guys/leo,

However, some of the content might do more harm than good.Im talking about all the existential stuff.

His videos about enlightement, noself all that kinda stuff have thrown me into a deep existential hell of depersonalization.

Again, i know this is not his intention and its certainly my traumatic past and anxious, highly sensitive personality that predisposed me to this.

But dude, be careful with what ideas your spreading and expecially how you present them.Running around, telling people they dont exist has the potential to completely ruin their lifes.Everyone in my situation just wants to be a normal human being again.And whoever responds to this, please dont tell me about "oh thats just your ego talking etc."If your in this existential hell, you dont want to hear about enlightement and all that kind of stuff.You just want to be a normal human being! Its VERY FUCKING EASY to talk about this when your not in this kind of situation.

I really just want to call attention to the potential danger in some of leos videos.

And lets be real here, how many people have actually gotten closer to "enlightenment"(or whatever the fuck) by watching them vs. how many were just kind of entertained vs. how many were deeply disturbed and potentially thrown into a deep depression/Dp/dr.What do you think?

I love a lot of leos content, dont get me wrong.But i suggest he might want to consider reframing some of these buddhist concepts in a way that is healthy for those without a stable personality.Just saying man..if he did a video for people to better deal with these ideas, he would do a lot of good for many, im certain of that.

Thanks!

This is exactly what happened to me.  Check out my post  "Read this before watching Leo's Spiritual Enlightenment videos" in the Meditation/Enlightenment Sub-forum.

I think it will definitely help you out. Take care. 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Any spiritual book, video or text can leave you delusional. It has happened to me more often than I can count.

It's ok, it is a part of the process.

On ‎24‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 4:23 PM, retardedhorse1 said:

Hello guys/leo,

Thanks!

depression etc. are completely normal in the spiritual path. How the hell it would not be?

The ego will hear new things that will challenge everything it has learned previously and it will fight for it´s life. If you were drowning on a water, would you drown without resistance?

@retardedhorse1 What's so bad about depersonalization disorder?

The only reason why depersonalize disorder is bad is because you are still attached to some beliefs, while being unattached to others. Learn to drop all of them.

When spiritual teachers say that all of our suffering is caused by us, they arent being figurative, they are being literal. 

You don't have to be miserable just because you have depersonalization  disorder. Being miserable is a choice you are making. You can have depersonalisation disorder, and still live a beautiful life. All of your worry about the world being meaningless is just a negative projection of your ego, it has no basis for existence whatsoever. 

EDIT: Just to make things clear, this isn't a spiritual response, this is me simply questioning your assumptions in your thread. 

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam depersonalization is useful to have as an experience, but unnecessary to tolerate.

Youre basically saying "well if I get ny leg chipped off I can be blissful"

Yeah you can. Then again why would you not wanna keep your leg.

Self-realization is not to be approached from such a retarded position. It is your souls destiny not a whim

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 well if you get your leg chopped off, id rather be blissful then shoot myself in the foot with negative ideas about my leg being chopped off.

But thats just me, maybe others are different.

As you said depersonalization disorder is a requirement, so why not "just keep your leg attached"? Because you cant. Takes years to mend it back together. Ans choosing not to be blissful will only hurt you in the long run, in the same way it did to me.

The only way to get over depersonalization disorder is to accept that you have depersonalization disorder, fully and wholly. Chasing doesnt work when we are talking about dropping beliefs. This is the only way out.

Edited by electroBeam

3 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

As you said depersonalization disorder is a requirement, 

Never said that, that is wrong. 

4 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Ans choosing not to be blissful

Never said you shouldnt choose to be blissful.

But can you choose to be blissful and still have a preference of keeping your leg?

I KNOW! OUTRAGEOUS!  But can you? ;-)

@Martin123 good luck with not feeling like life is one big imaginary 2D game while on the path xDxD

If you find a way let me know you npc ;)

@electroBeam Im sorry homie but you are confusing me hehe. Anywho thanks and bestbof luck to you.

May you arrive at bliss in the most effortless way! :)

Jesus fucking christ." whats so bad about depersonalization disorder" Well good luck sir @electroBeam on your "path".Oh you have had a shitty traumatic life and your dissociating because of it. NAAAHHH THATS JUST A REQUIREMENT FOR " THE PATH" TO HAPPY LALA LAND.Good luck, i hope you get there soon ! ^^

Anway, if it works for you thats cool.I can only imagine your not experiencing the fullblown disorder, otherwise you wouldnt be talking like this ^^

Hi!  I am new to this forum and have experienced similar "sadness" after I learned about non-duality from Leo.  First, I am so grateful for Leo's videos.  I have discovered him few months ago and I am seriously hooked.  What's so unique about Loe's teaching is that he does not speak in those puzzling riddles that so many of those zen masters love to use but they only make you more confused.  Leo's style is so direct, funny and of such a high quality content, that it is so powerful and almost addictive to listen.  Now, to the de-personalisation.  I think we, Ego-minded ones, have all experienced some level of anxiety from a realization that we as we know ourselves may not exist.  It sounds really depressing at first.  You are working all your life to improve your little self and you are so attached to your body and mind that it is very hard to depart from your little baby.  It is all you have known so far.  Losing your self is like losing your purpose in life, or losing the life itself.  With any loss there is a grief but there is also an opportunity.  It's an open door to something you dont know yet.  Before putting a label  "depressing" on it, try this mind game in your head.  Drop off all ( I mean all) mental concepts that you hold on to in your head about everything you know.  No labels, no judgement, no thoughts, no good or bad, no nonsense.  Surrender to the idea that you know absolutely NOTHING, like a newly born baby.  Now, think about an idea of you being an infinite reality connected to everything else.  You know nothing about your body, mind, Ego or other nonsense.  You are in the infinite state of mind, everything and nothing, at peace with the universe.  How do you feel now?  Still depressed?.. :-)