jip

Why Leave The Park?

71 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sen said:

First tell me who in you is the one who wants to know?

You want me to say "Mr EGO" and then you can say, "This ego will never understand..." :)

22 minutes ago, Sen said:

@Neo  Who is this "Mr EGO"? How would you describe it?

It's so many things, my answer would change depending on when you ask it.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

It's so many things, my answer would change depending on when you ask it.

Who is aware of that?

6 minutes ago, Sen said:

Who is aware of that?

The observer?

1 hour ago, Neo said:

The observer?

What does "The observer" means in your experience?

Whatever the experience, there's something that never changes. He is the observer. He gives reality to your present experience.

8 hours ago, Pierre said:

Whatever the experience, there's something that never changes. He is the observer. He gives reality to your present experience.

The observer changes, it judges the ego, it judges how the body feels. "The something that never changes" is the thing that is aware of the observer. Awareness itself. Living full time in a state of aware of the fact that you are aware is enlightenment. 

Edited by Sen

9 hours ago, Neo said:

I'm not really sure. :/

And here the hard work of training awareness kicks in. The easiest way for me was to sit still and observe feelings and bodily sensations for as long as I could.

Edited by Sen

This topic may be closed. Thx a lot for the very helpful posts@Pinocchio @jjer94 @Emerald Wilkins @mkieblesz , your post in that other topic yesterday was pure gold imo:). I guess there's even a lot more wisdom in jed's books than i initially thought.

Leo, your know-all, almost dogmatic and forceful way of preaching enlightenment as the highest value and only way to happiness turns me a bit off — probably partly because there is some truth in it. I know you don't really mean it that way as you said at the end of your enlightenment experience vid, but still, keep always in mind that your perspective is just that- a perspective, and since life is very likely meaningless, there is no ultimate secret or way to live it and no need to take it so seriously. Most people simply prefer the dream over truth and that's just fine, i think jed is quite right in a way and not just dramatizing when he said that truth is a booby-prize. It would also be more convincing if you first got "full enlightenment" before you talked about how heavenly and amazing it is, but i guess you already know that.

Anyway, i think some of your videos are awesome so by all means keep going(or not, if it holds you back from finding truth ;-) ).