Dan Arnautu

Please Read This Before Watching Leo's Video About The Truth Of Spiritual Enlightenment

38 posts in this topic

Bottom Line: Please learn about grounding before watching Leo's video.

BACKGROUND STORY: The video about the truth of spiritual enlightenment depressed me for about 2 weeks then kind of unvoluntarily caused me to do unconscious self-inquiry, bringing up all sorts of negative emotions, questioning reality and so on (I am also pursuing a philosophy degree and schoolwork definitely did not help and just made me question everything even more). I did and did not know why I was feeling that way. When I thought I was finally becoming desensitised to the truth I think I started having minor astral projections (seeing my body from a 3rd view perspective for a few seconds at a time, probably from not being to handle the extremely powerful emotions).

I tried searching everywhere for an answer before I would go nuts. I thought I got involuntarily too far on the spiritual path as I already done meditation for quite some time. I felt most grounded when working out at the gym. In the rest of the time, I felt wibbly wobbly in my body since hearing the truth.

I should've read a lot more about spirituality before I watched Leo's video as I would have known about this trap. 

Please:

1. Don't stop daily life activity after watching the video. Sitting still for long periods of time made me be out of touch with the body (coupled with being in my head inquirying continously).

2. Search on google and youtube how to do GROUNDING.  (this saved me and helped me resume normal life)

3. Proceed with caution. I tried to follow Leo's advice of stepping away from enlightenment until I get all the fundamental problems resolved (money, emotional etc.) but the extreme negative emotions, doubts etc. from watching the video seriously hindered me from resuming my personal life and the disconnection with the body made it a lot worse. I could not compartamentalize the idea in my head, sit with the feelings and then proceed with my other responsibilities. I thought for a minute that this was just the ego not being able to handle it anymore and needing to transcend (like Eckhart Tolle experienced). That would have been a mistake at this point in time.

I was baffled because I know that just knowing the idea of enlightenment intelectually does not equate with becoming enlightened, but the experiences generated by just knowing the truth really freaked me out and I know I was not ready for it yet. I thought I would eventually never be able to come back to the physical body again as consciousness I thought was just rooting to get out. In fact now I think it was and is just a temporary imbalance I need to get through with grounding work. Glad I stumbled upon the concept when researching today.

DISCLAIMER: I may misinterpret a lot of experiences as I have not read a lot of spiritual books aside from Eckhart Tolle's. Please don't bring harsh comments to this post as I just want to help the people that don't know the truth of spiritual enlightenment yet however I can and avoid the struggles I face/-ed. You are free to correct anything I said as I too would get to understand the situation better. :) 

The experiences might seem exagerated, made up or whatever you want to call them but believe me, they felt very real and mind buggling. This post doesn't stem from a lack of attention or something like that. I did not talk with anyone about my experiences outside of this post.

Finally, I am sorry if this post is too long. I felt nothing should be left out.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

I think Leo's videos about enlightenment should come with more warning. Many(most?) people are not stable enough to do this kind of work.
Seems dangerous to just throw this around. I understand he's trying to do something good and help. I appreciate that.
But this stuff is really fucking serious. I felt anger because of this when I had a shift one day, and my reality turned upside down. Then I learned about the dark night of the soul, kundalini etc and wonder why I hadn't been also told about this side of the coin.
Anyway I take responsibility for the inquiry I've done and especially after this which I for some reason did.
I think many people suffer so much so they begin doing this work to become happy, not knowing it can fuck you up even more and make things worse.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Well good thing im fucked up to begin with. Isn't this all about thresholds and attachment to form/identity? I really really really dont get how enlightenment work can hurt anything real in any way, even though I've seen other warnings before too... And why would you care about anything unreal. Maybe worsening the situation is exactly what you need to see what you are identifying with is not you. If you are too comfortable being an Ego, when will you transcend it.

Crappy life is a good thing for spiritual realisations.

It might be my ego being in mode ignorance is bliss. Also idgaf. I mean, i am a type of person that thinks to himself from time to time: Man,  i wish they bomb the planet on a Monday and not on a Friday or it will suck

Maybe I'm not deep enough in this yet to know what you mean.

Edited by Dodoster

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

3 minutes ago, sgn said:

I think Leo's videos about enlightenment should come with more warning. Many(most?) people are not stable enough to do this kind of work.
Seems dangerous to just throw this around. I understand he's trying to do something good and help. I appreciate that.
But this stuff is really fucking serious. I felt anger because of this when I had a shift one day, and my reality turned upside down. Then I learned about the dark night of the soul, kundalini etc and wonder why I hadn't been also told about this side of the coin.
Anyway I take responsibility for the inquiry I've done and especially after this which I for some reason did.
I think many people suffer so much so they begin doing this work to become happy, not knowing it can fuck you up even more and make things worse.

I agree with you totally, and I feel your pain. I also take responsibility and accept what is.

Adding to your point, most people don't have spiritual teachers at hand who can answer questions and put them at ease, and prevent them from going too far. And you can't just unhear the truth. This is not to promote being unconsciouss, but as you said, this is real serious stuff and I think should come with a really serious warning. Leo's FAQ videos about enlightenment did not help me either even if his end goal there probably was to calm me down. They just raised more questions, and made me more uncomfortable.

I won't watch his enlightenment videos anymore until I'll be ready because they just feel counterproductive right now. I won't become a victim either, although i find my current situation real difficult to deal with.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

6 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Well good thing im fucked up to begin with. Isn't this all about thresholds and attachment to form/identity? I really really really dont get how enlightenment work can hurt anything real in any way, even though I've seen other warnings before too...

It might be my ego being in mode ignorance is bliss. Also idgaf. I mean, i am a type of person that thinks to himself from time to time: Man,  i wish they bomb the planet on a Monday and not on a Friday or it will suck

Maybe I'm not deep enough in this yet to know what you mean.

Thank you for your input. Most probably you don't know what we mean yet, which is fine, and maybe you should not pursue this path until you know a lot more about it and what it entails. It requires intense emotional labour. It will beat you, expose your darkest sides and make you face them. It's the road to the highest level of development there is.

If you haven't done basic self-development until now, you probably won't understand the benefits of it as much. Take care.

@Dan Arnautu I totally resonate with you as I had almost the same experience as you. Just one note: I would recommend for you the book 'inner engineering', it is a great book about spirituality and just basic stuff. What is really intelligent on his part is that after the 1 chapter Sadhguru writes: "... and now Yoga", he did it on purpose. Because only when you ground yourself and become decently actualized it is time for one to do spiritual work.

7 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

Thank you for your input. Most probably you don't know what we mean yet, which is fine, and maybe you should not pursue this path until you know a lot more about it and what it entails. It requires intense emotional labour. It will beat you, expose your darkest sides and make you face them. It's the road to the highest level of development there is.

If you haven't done basic self-development until now, you probably won't understand the benefits of it as much. Take care.

Who's darkest sides? Are you telling me there is a me wtf, this goes straight to my Ego bucket.

But anyways, I know exactly how to deal with the darkest and dankest shit : hugs. Hug everything and dont give a f.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

2 minutes ago, Vytas said:

@Dan Arnautu I totally resonate with you as I had almost the same experience as you. Just one note: I would recommend for you the book 'inner engineering', it is a great book about spirituality and just basic stuff. What is really intelligent on his part is that after the 1 chapter Sadhguru writes: "... and now Yoga", he did it on purpose. Because only when you ground yourself and become decently actualized it is time for one to do spiritual work.

Thank you very much for the recommandation. How was your experience similar? How did you get through it? Any tips?

Just now, Dodoster said:

Who's darkest sides? Are you telling me there is a me wtf, this goes straight to my Ego bucket.

But anyways, I know exactly how to deal with the darkest and dankest shit : hugs. Hug everything and dont give a f.

Don't think hugs help much when questioning physical reality. You have a good point though. I mean darkest sides as in the process of spiritual purification, dropping roles, facing old emotional baggage etc.

23 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

Don't think hugs help much when questioning physical reality. You have a good point though. I mean darkest sides as in the process of spiritual purification, dropping roles, facing old emotional baggage etc.

Yeah but I mean that I will hug them with the space of awareness that I am (on that level). 

Edited by Dodoster

@Dan Arnautu Leo provides viewers with his insights, lessons, experiences, interpretations, etc. He also says that he has done extensive work in the domain of transformational work. If stumbling onto his videos without some kind of foundational work(having the "experience" of taking a deep, honest look into ourselves) a person could easily go into a tailspin, a mindfuck or misinterpret/misread the work he presents. There is real no danger to what he presents or speaks into and he clearly wants his message to resonate/impact the viewer. One thing I believe is missing is the human element. We can all sit back on our comfy couch, watch his vids and do what we do with the information, but it's 2D, the human component/connection is missing. A disconnect. We need each other...human beings being human with each other. Getting off my soapbox now.

14 minutes ago, TJM1959 said:

@Dan Arnautu Leo provides viewers with his insights, lessons, experiences, interpretations, etc. He also says that he has done extensive work in the domain of transformational work. If stumbling onto his videos without some kind of foundational work(having the "experience" of taking a deep, honest look into ourselves) a person could easily go into a tailspin, a mindfuck or misinterpret/misread the work he presents. There is real no danger to what he presents or speaks into and he clearly wants his message to resonate/impact the viewer. One thing I believe is missing is the human element. We can all sit back on our comfy couch, watch his vids and do what we do with the information, but it's 2D, the human component/connection is missing. A disconnect. We need each other...human beings being human with each other. Getting off my soapbox now.

Good input. Relating with what you are saying. The human component is important.

Although it's hard to say teachings can't be harmful. He says multiple times to proceed at our own caution, use common sense and judge for our own where we are at currently on the path. Advanced teachings can mess you up real hard if you are not ready for them and overwhelm you, plus you can't implement them because you have more foundational work to do. Counterproductive either way, although I see what you mean.

38 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Yeah but I mean that I will hug them with the space of awareness that I am (on that level). 

@Dodoster In that case I think it's ok, haha. :D

Cmon guys.

I have travelled the whole world with this enlinghnment shit. I even had to break with my camel as he knew I am awakening

UPDATE: I researched a bit and gave a try right now to Root Chakra Yoga (healing), which allegedly grounds you in your own body and gives you the sense of security in the physical world before you go further. It definitely helped a lot. I can see the results instantly. Sadhguru talked about it too if I remember correctly. Why hadn't I heard of these before. They are amazing I might say

I don't know much about chakras or whatever you like to call them but I feel much more connected with the body right now and much more at ease.

1 minute ago, Dan Arnautu said:

UPDATE: I researched a bit and gave a try right now to Root Chakra Yoga (healing), which allegedly grounds you in your own body and gives you the sense of security in the physical world before you go further. It definitely helped a lot. I can see the results instantly. Sadhguru talked about it too if I remember correctly. Why hadn't I heard of these before. They are amazing I might say

I don't know much about chakras or whatever you like to call them but I feel much more connected with the body right now and much more at ease.

I like doing Om chanting meditation. I've heard it's the vibration of this plane of Existence.

5 minutes ago, The IdiotArab said:

Cmon guys.

I have travelled the whole world with this enlinghnment shit. I even had to break with my camel as he knew I am awakening

lmao, hope he didn't get too upset :D

Well, this is advanced personal development which means it is advanced.

1 minute ago, Dodoster said:

I like doing Om chanting meditation. I've heard it's the vibration of this plane of Existence.

Yes, found that out a few minutes ago in a youtube video. Also, I saw that if you chant with the lowest pitch you can manage, it engages the lower/root chakra which like you said grounds you in the body/this plane of existence.

1 minute ago, Dan Arnautu said:

Cleasing chakras, shadow-work, healing the inner child, releasing karmic debts, spiritual purification, releasing negative beliefs.

All of this is one thing. Lets just call it healing for lack of a better word.

Liberation, detachment, recognition of the Self, enlightenment, self-realization.

Those two paths are not in conflict. They compliment each other. When yoo suffer, choose healing. When you crave freedom, choose self-realization.

This is the two-fold path to wholeness, that every soul must undertake on this planet.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.