Kshantivadin

Forum suggestion

17 posts in this topic

Let me be honest here: my consumption of this forum in the last 2 years got reduced to opening Leo's profile, seeing what and where he posted, and reading the context to his post. 

This is not because I only care about what Leo has to say, but because his name is a guarantee of post quality. 

So this came to my mind - what I would suggest is a high-quality forum section with only approved posters and high standards on post quality. 

My mind is nauseated from consuming garbage. I'm sure many of you can relate to this. So this suggestion might be the solution to the problem. And the nature of the forum makes you have to consume garbage to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

I don't come here to socialize. I don't come here to play unconscious language games. 

I am fine with both of these, I just personally think that they should be compartmentalised. 

Or am I simply wrong and this policy is wishful thinking because the inherent nature of the forum as a medium is too much noise and too little signal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kshantivadin said:

Let me be honest here: my consumption of this forum in the last 2 years got reduced to opening Leo's profile, seeing what and where he posted, and reading the context to his post. 

This is not because I only care about what Leo has to say, but because his name is a guarantee of post quality. 

So this came to my mind - what I would suggest is a high-quality forum section with only approved posters and high standards on post quality. 

My mind is nauseated from consuming garbage. I'm sure many of you can relate to this. So this suggestion might be the solution to the problem. And the nature of the forum makes you have to consume garbage to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

I don't come here to socialize. I don't come here to play unconscious language games. 

I am fine with both of these, I just personally think that they should be compartmentalised. 

Or am I simply wrong and this policy is wishful thinking because the inherent nature of the forum as a medium is too much noise and too little signal? 

If I was Leo, I would create a premium tier Patreon subscription with access to a private Telegram group for 50 bucks a month, or something along those lines.

I've been in such groups and the experience was always impeccable. No one minded paying the money and everybody who is really serious and cares about the subject matter will somehow manage to spare the money. 


“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

If I was Leo, I would create a premium tier Patreon subscription with access to a private Telegram group for 50 bucks a month, or something along those lines.

I've been in such groups and the experience was always impeccable. No one minded paying the money and everybody who is really serious and cares about the subject matter will somehow manage to spare the money. 

He probably has a bias against this due to the thin line of cult-making when one engages in such affairs. 

I can name a few other problems with this model as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

My mind is nauseated from consuming garbage. I'm sure many of you can relate to this. So this suggestion might be the solution to the problem. And the nature of the forum makes you have to consume garbage to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

Your mind is “nauseated from consuming garbage” because it’s engaged in the active process of learning how to “separate the wheat from the chaff” as effectively as humanly possible which is a great ability to have so you should be thankful for all this “garbage” helping you develop in that ability . Essentially developing your own independent “signal” to be strong enough to navigate all the “noise”

but not bad suggestion btw 

Edited by Sugarcoat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

He probably has a bias against this due to the thin line of cult-making when one engages in such affairs. 

I can name a few other problems with this model as well. 

I think he just wants to protect his message from corruption as much as possible. Once you open the door to monetary incentives, you enter a slippery slope.


“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao Leo Gura makes just as much circlejerky humorous shitposts as much as he makes quality content, and that's when he's not on a hysterical tirade bonking idiots or fantasizing about killing Buddihsts and scientists. He definitely has contributed alot overall, but his name alone is not an absolute guarantee of quality on this forum xD

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Lmao Leo Gura makes just as much circlejerky humorous shitposts as much as he makes quality content, and that's when he's not on a hysterical tirade bonking idiots or fantasizing about killing Buddihsts and scientists. He definitely has contributed alot overall, but his name alone is not an absolute guarantee of quality on this forum xD

True, very easy to scroll through his archive and see which is which though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kshantivadin But scrolling through garbarge that's not Leo's, oh no, the horror ?


“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see quite a lot of reasons why this forum behave the way it is. And if you are too invested in Leo's thoughts and ideas, you might have created quite a blind spot to the obvious problems that will and are surfacing from the engagement in some of his ideas.

His recent mentioning of Alien this Alien that. Is only one of many claims that is a breeding ground for ungrounded speculations. I dont doubt that HE experienced something or other. But these types of claims spreads as a wildfire on this forum based on Leo's prior established reputation from his hardcore followers.

So the echo-chamber you may be looking for is pretty much inplace already, just not as dense as it has potential to be with what you suggest.

Just my 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

Let me be honest here: my consumption of this forum in the last 2 years got reduced to opening Leo's profile, seeing what and where he posted, and reading the context to his post. 

This is not because I only care about what Leo has to say, but because his name is a guarantee of post quality. 

So this came to my mind - what I would suggest is a high-quality forum section with only approved posters and high standards on post quality. 

My mind is nauseated from consuming garbage. I'm sure many of you can relate to this. So this suggestion might be the solution to the problem. And the nature of the forum makes you have to consume garbage to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

I don't come here to socialize. I don't come here to play unconscious language games. 

I am fine with both of these, I just personally think that they should be compartmentalised. 

Or am I simply wrong and this policy is wishful thinking because the inherent nature of the forum as a medium is too much noise and too little signal? 

Same the quality of the forum went down, by showing it's shadow side of insecure men, who can't get laid, all of this would not have been an issue if people actually had a gf, a family or a deep life purpose. 

I basically stalked Leo and the quality of the forum, as I see someone beign highly succesful who has been banned here, and I sort of see both sides, yet I wanted to keep track of both sides. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Same the quality of the forum went down, by showing it's shadow side of insecure men, who can't get laid, all of this would not have been an issue if people actually had a gf, a family or a deep life purpose. 

I basically stalked Leo and the quality of the forum, as I see someone beign highly succesful who has been banned here, and I sort of see both sides, yet I wanted to keep track of both sides. 

You could just help them  instead of complaining about it. This is a place for everyone who chooses to self actualize. Its like saying you cant actualize without being actualized.  Yet i have to acknowledge the limits of a forum as a medium, including its pro and cons.  Altough i like the idea of a high-quality forum section with only approved posters and high standards on post quality. This could be benefical for everyone regardless of developmental stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kshantivadin said:

separate the wheat from the chaff. 

too much noise and too little signal? 

I don't know, man. Sounds like you need other views. Separate the wheat from the chaff is one of Leo's most used idioms, and noise vs signal is a novel concept he spoke of briefly some time ago if I'm not mistaken. All this to say, maybe you could do with branching out a bit. Doesn't have to be on here though, and of course, some of the things posted on here are trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't consume, create. Simple.


What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, effortlesslumen said:

You could just help them  instead of complaining about it. This is a place for everyone who chooses to self actualize. Its like saying you cant actualize without being actualized.  Yet i have to acknowledge the limits of a forum as a medium, including its pro and cons.  Altough i like the idea of a high-quality forum section with only approved posters and high standards on post quality. This could be benefical for everyone regardless of developmental stage. 

I don't have the skills to help, I am socially quiet good, but not at game and due to injury I lost a huge edge on game. Even when I had the original intention to do so more consciously it's not easy in the ages of Andrew Tate to do this consciously and fun&playful as many "good guys" are dissuaded from just going out and talking to girls, and it's mostly liberterian types who run amok and are unhealthy, smoke cigarettes, cigares (if you do it once two years or so okay or are on an episode) take narcotics and cocain, and scream freedom like some sort of bastardization of god/animal. They also most likely all gather at such places, instead of more normal orange type stuff that is just materalistic. No one is active in game groups, and the PUA group I was in I left as nobody is nearby and it's just toxic af. 

For a more conscious example I went out with quiet a conscious guy who is into self-help and other stuff, we approached some girls, he was high-level and our characters do match, yet I am still a newb to this. He was still very motivational about this and just saw this sort of "illusion of social game" and approached and worked his magic, and it was great. Most are not ready to undertake endeavours of approaching girls consciously and are on a power trip he did not drink and I drank a tiny bit of whisky 1 shot the whole evening and then just water it was legit like healthy sports to just talk to girls and get better at a skill and it was fun, I had to laugh also how fast this goes, it would be better to realize a life purpose and exercise power that way and bring that to getting laid and game, without the mysogny and toxicity, yet that takes again extra mental effort and experimentation/style. 

It's not even a complaint just a fact, that Leo posts generally the most high quality posts and practical insights, that is why I am here. I share this with friends and family and we help each other, yet the shadyness of the forum could be ended, so you have more quality posts and not random PUA sh*t talk. That turns into bigotry and racism, sexism in 30 minutes, as soon as one more conscious opinion comes to the forefront and just generally. 
This really rubbs off and I have to consider leaving completely and or getting my account banned on purpose etc. So I don't have to engage in this kind of damaging narrative and worldviews. 
That is the fundamental issue I have with the forum. The level of ethnocentrism and mysogny and sexism that just rubbs off at one point.
I don't enjoy it it's extremly toxic, the same goes for this type of semi-toxic modern women empowerment, it's just odd and there is no real social solution to this currently besides some integral stuff and perspectives, yet to embody this is also not easy etc. '
I wasted my valueable time mostly, looking for a connection that is not truly there, and often having to deal with some level of ego mania or serious mental health issue. 

Some people are just not ready and I have to realize and accept this truth. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not Nazi Germany.

You can choose to add users to your ignore list, but I believe the mature thing to do is to not do that unless someone really gets on your nerves. 

When you are part of a group, you are bound to meet people you are not comfortable with. But you can’t  keep running away forever. 

Edited by Yimpa

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think of something to improve this forum right here, don't think of an escape plan for all the 'quality users'. If what you said is implemented than this forum will devolve even more, what quality it has now will get largely transferred to that 'premium' forum. The purpose and intent of this forum would be undermined.

Moreover, the skill to quickly differentiate the bullshit from the legit is indeed a skill. Scrolling through this forum practices that. And what's legit is something determined by you. Something seems like garbage or too low level to you is just the right level for someone else.

What we should work on is finding solutions that increase the density of quality on this forum, not separate it to somewhere else. Compared to other platforms this place is heaven already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you see low quality, unconscious & unkind posts you can report them as they are against our forum Guidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now