Guest Annetta

Share With Us Your Art!

1,045 posts in this topic

Joker. Oil on canvas.

20200907_230936.jpg

20200907_231002.jpg

Edited by Fran11

That's the picture I've improved and set as a wallpaper for my pc. I really enjoy watching on pictures like this one and I would like to visit this place one day. It's my litle purpose for futher years. I also have seen a lot of different impressive photos at wallpapercrafter wich are really perfectly for desktop wallpapers or smth like that.

173907-forest-mountain-snow-houses-slope

Edited by alexsandro22

On 25/08/2020 at 8:48 PM, JC Bailey said:

Are video games art? I recently experienced an "awakening" of my intuition and have been going ham into game development. I mainly do pixel art, coding, and sound design/music as a solo developer, and am obsessed with making top-down Metroidvanias.

LRQNCz0.png

MqQDlc1.png

GljTvhy.png

Edited August 26 by JC Bailey

man this is awesome! Would love to try gameplay if you ever publish a game online. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 2020-09-25 at 1:32 PM, SirVladimir said:

You're from Sweden, right? I presume you're learning about the nuances of English along the way as I am - great pages you may benefit from are the Cambridge Dictionary for finding the precise implied meaning, and then WordHippo for word alternatives, and perhaps WikiRhymer for finding rhyming words. Have these pages bookmarked within reach in your browser.

Next, shamanic breathing is huge (for me) in art. I've been endorsing the practice really a lot lately, but it's totally worth it! The following excerpt is from my 60-day marathon report (and is relevant for this topic):

Thank you for your tips. I will definitely integrate the pages into my bookmarks and language. I feel like this is a long-term investment and upping my language skills is like upping posture. It changes my life. I do some breathwork (wim hof 3 rounds) almost daily nowadays, but I'm yet to combine it with art and creativity, although I try to combine it with visualization, I can relate to being stuck on a word though. How I solve that is to time my writing to when I really feel like writing, like when a volcano feels to erupt. Suddenly, I just sit down, and instead of journaling about my emotions, I put them into poetry. Although I'm yet to find a way to write poetry that is not emotionally driven, I'm yet to create a structure like a story, I might get inspired to do so when I read your Journeys Beyond Earth. 

On 2020-09-25 at 1:32 PM, SirVladimir said:

Next, I don't know about poems, but in prose I found a good way to 'lead the reader' is to make the writing self-conscious. Let the lines be aware of themselves. What do I mean? No metaphors. Intersperse the writing with paragraphs about how this text is literally your consciousness, how the reader is an inseparable part of the story, make it a bit crazy if it's your cup of tea. You'll see precisely what I mean if you ever open up Journeys Beyond Earth after December 1st. xD

So I'm waiting to see this in action.

1 minute ago, Igor82 said:

I feel like this is a long-term investment and upping my language skills is like upping posture.

Love that comparison. xD

How I solve that is to time my writing to when I really feel like writing, like when a volcano feels to erupt.

I feel you. I have it the same.

Although I'm yet to find a way to write poetry that is not emotionally driven.

Oh, emotions are gold in poetry. Especially if you evoke them in your reader like you did in me through that verse. Embrace them. Feel into them. Flow with them. Remember, as a creator you are like this refracting glass prism. Express the bright universal light through your works: Let your poems speak through you. You are awesome. 

ImageForArticle_723(1).jpg

I might get inspired to do so when I read your Journeys Beyond Earth. 

You will reach transcendental experiences while reading it. Or better, you may. Gonna require to follow the instructions to get you into a certain mindset. It's all about breaking boundaries. 

I haven't made any art recently unless you count constructing sacred geometry patterns.

Blender:

45482565_2345757645452502_6285519861275688960_n.jpgeLkcsYe.jpg

Inkscape:

10997160_1221803694514575_6850183039267747765_n.jpg12809649_1226109090750702_6329191223332238462_n.jpg

Gimp:

12593704_1221781531183458_3195702203558136103_o.jpg12593709_1221923544502590_6382322821192963741_o.jpg

On 2020-09-28 at 3:49 PM, SirVladimir said:

Oh, emotions are gold in poetry. Especially if you evoke them in your reader like you did in me through that verse. Embrace them. Feel into them. Flow with them. Remember, as a creator you are like this refracting glass prism. Express the bright universal light through your works: Let your poems speak through you. You are awesome. 

ImageForArticle_723(1).jpg

You will reach transcendental experiences while reading it. Or better, you may. Gonna require to follow the instructions to get you into a certain mindset. It's all about breaking boundaries. 

Wow man, you are touching upon the highest artist within me! Embracing emotions! That feels good, it fills me with warmth to hear you say that. What I meant with "no emotions" is that kind of poetry that would emerge from beyond emotions (in some way? Universal light?) And I have yet to get to know that.

And man, I can definitely see how that kind of stuff could spark awakenings. I believe that its completely possible to spark awakening experiences for people using symbolism and sound, targeting their highest selves to join, boosted by psychedelics/meditation. I fucking love thinking about that! The hardest part is just putting it into action...

Getting there! xD You are awesome too!

2 hours ago, Igor82 said:

Wow man, you are touching upon the highest artist within me! Embracing emotions! That feels good, it fills me with warmth to hear you say that. What I meant with "no emotions" is that kind of poetry that would emerge from beyond emotions (in some way? Universal light?) And I have yet to get to know that.

I love how humble you are. Humbleness gets you far. Really far. Beyond Earth. It is a Journey Beyond Earth. xD The more humble you are, the more of 'everything' you are. 

And man, I can definitely see how that kind of stuff could spark awakenings. I believe that its completely possible to spark awakening experiences for people using symbolism and sound, targeting their highest selves to join, boosted by psychedelics/meditation. I fucking love thinking about that!

The other day I was looking at historical paintings. Fucking beautiful, I tell you. Ancient civilizations also. My top strength is Appreciation of beauty, so you understand. The video game Civilization VI has some trailers that always bring me on the brink of shedding tears. 

The hardest part is just putting it into action...

Sometimes, what you are experiencing is just uncapturable. You and I, we artists, try to convey so much of it, but we can only do so little with a pen, a brush. That's where psychedelics come into play. They boost your audience so much they drown in the beauty created by you. Good times ahead, friend. :)

Edited by SirVladimir

On 9/27/2020 at 10:54 AM, Michael569 said:

man this is awesome! Would love to try gameplay if you ever publish a game online. 

A couple of those games are available online, I just don't want to plug. ^_^

My own composition! I think I will take a break from making music for a while until I have new equipment.

I experimented with a harder beat. I don't know yet what I think about it, I need to learn how to make even harder beats, haha.

Just remembered this thread exists again... 9_9

In case anyone missed it, I wrote the world's first book meant to be read on cannabis/psychedelics.

You can download a bunch of chapters below. All the instructions are there.

A sample from Journeys Beyond Earth Volume 1.pdf

Cannabis is easier to read on. Just keep the dose manageable, or you won't be able to read, lol.

See ya beyond earth!