Guest Annetta

Share With Us Your Art!

1,045 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, JC Bailey said:

Are video games art? I recently experienced an "awakening" of my intuition and have been going ham into game development. I mainly do pixel art, coding, and sound design/music as a solo developer, and am obsessed with making top-down Metroidvanias.

Good stuff! Keep 'em coming.

Oh, I just remembered this thread exists. :)

My art is rather special. And requires you to follow instructions.

I combine reading with psychedelics - to create a wholesome, immersive experience.

The first set of writings will come out this December. I named the collection Journeys Beyond Earth.

Below I feature one such writing. Read it after carrying out with the instructions. You can download it:

The Pocket Universe - a sample from Journeys Beyond Earth.pdf

You can find more words about the instructions on my Facebook page, but here is a summary so you don't have to:

The instructions are the most important part. It is mandatory you stick to as many points as possible. They are there for a reason! In the most ideal case, you should read the writing after meeting every point, and especially the last one, i.e. getting under the effect of a psychedelic. The dose shouldn't be too high; this activity is not meant to replace a full-blown trip. It's almost like a trip-kicker. Fun, therapeutic. In the collection, each set of instructions also provides the recommended music. The track can be played either before reading; to sort of set the vibe, or ran at the start; depending whether it distracts you during the read.

If psychedelics are out of your reach now, either save the document for later, or carry out with the rest of the instructions.

Enjoy. ^_^

On 9/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, Vladimir said:

Nice! Love raw footages of people doing their thing B|

@Vladimir This is amazing. That's what I do after shamanic breathing. It's so intense and powerful. The flowing river of the cosmos!

I make digital art. I'm just a beginner though.

20200606_134241.jpg

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

I'm new to cinematic style music so I used all the sounds from the original track in this remix and only added a few sounds.

@SirVladimir Thank you for your texts, I just read the one you posted (although without following instructions), and I really liked it, and I really respect that you want people to read this under the affect of a psychedelic and after meditation. It seems to me as serious love!

I want to share with you this poem, :) do you like it? Im really proud of it and I think I managed to guide the reader in a good way.

heaven or hell.PNG

love for all.PNG

Edited by Igor82
Added another poem (love for all)

2 hours ago, Igor82 said:

@SirVladimir Thank you for your texts, I just read the one you posted (although without following instructions), and I really liked it, and I really respect that you want people to read this under the affect of a psychedelic and after meditation. It seems to me as serious love!

Serious love will be whatever comes up. I have tinkered with the writing since I posted it here. Journeys Beyond Earth are almost ready. I'll probably make an independent thread in the Life Purpose forum section along with the writing's updated version.

I want to share with you this poem, :) do you like it? Im really proud of it and I think I managed to guide the reader in a good way.

"A Lovely path committed only to heart." That verse evokes a feeling in me. Evokes. I like the poem. Can't give many practical answers about poetry, though. It's not my expertise. I've got some great insights as for a fellow artist, nevertheless. You're from Sweden, right? I presume you're learning about the nuances of English along the way as I am - great pages you may benefit from are the Cambridge Dictionary for finding the precise implied meaning, and then WordHippo for word alternatives, and perhaps WikiRhymer for finding rhyming words. Have these pages bookmarked within reach in your browser.

Next, shamanic breathing is huge (for me) in art. I've been endorsing the practice really a lot lately, but it's totally worth it! The following excerpt is from my 60-day marathon report (and is relevant for this topic):

Shamanic breathing increases 'creative connection.'

When I am writing something and I get stuck on a word, a sentence, a paragraph, I proceed to doing shamanic breathing for one minute. This drastically increases my intuition and understanding of what I am trying to convey through the text. Art becomes 'more visible,' more close. 

Next, I don't know about poems, but in prose I found a good way to 'lead the reader' is to make the writing self-conscious. Let the lines be aware of themselves. What do I mean? No metaphors. Intersperse the writing with paragraphs about how this text is literally your consciousness, how the reader is an inseparable part of the story, make it a bit crazy if it's your cup of tea. You'll see precisely what I mean if you ever open up Journeys Beyond Earth after December 1st. xD

Edited by SirVladimir