Guest Annetta

Share With Us Your Art!

1,045 posts in this topic

Drawing cute anime girls has been a great stress reliever to me since I was a little kid. I actually havent watched anime in a while! Also, my friend named her Dave!!! 

20190224_204620.jpg

My art is making videos and telling stories, so... here it goes

Screenshot_1.jpgWell, I have made some video games. Try this one. Have fun! I guess ?

"stay ?sitive" - Gautama Buddha (maybe)

This is one of my attempts at art. It is a tribute to Andy Warhol. It shows three neuronal stems cells that I captured with a fancy confocal microscope with lasers. I fell in love with these three neural stem cells. I spent many hours on photoshop stylizing the photos. It's one of my ways to integrate science and art. 

Picture1.jpg

I had this Lettering Art idea from Leo's "How to stop being a victim" video. It's one of my favourite creations. 

I was listening to his video while I was riding my bike back home. And as soon as I was back I had the drive to create this piece of art.

Thanks @Leo Gura

IMG_20190222_145720_784.jpg

@Serotoninluv can’t tell you how much I appreciate the way the universe expresses itself thought you, this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing ?

@moon777light yes it’s my shadow work ? really glad you enjoyed it 

1 - Surrendering 

2 - Stolen innocence

3 - L’amour 

DB67F0EA-BEE1-44EF-AA0A-38119676D817.jpeg

70DD3ACF-FD1C-4D9E-A623-D19C4C81CC2B.jpeg

5DFD513A-E030-47B8-AF9C-94EE107F94F8.jpeg

Edited by MsNobody
Add pics

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

New song from me and my brother ? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

This thread is amazing and inspiring!

Lately I've been making memorial glass beads with pet and people cremains. The pet ones have paw prints, the people ones footprints. 

I used to have a lot more time for art but since I made art into my business I'm mostly an artisan or crafter with a little art here and there right now. That's the curse of turning a passion into a business I guess. 

IMG_3669f.jpg

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

https://smarturl.it/InSearchOfTheOx

Check out my complete, newly released debut album “In Search of the Ox”!!

It has been SUCH a blast to make, and I have to thank Leo, the life purpose course, and this community a lot for the inspiration and wisdom to pursue my passion.

Now to promote it a lil bit, and then more importantly continue to work on my craft and become so good they can’t ignore me by Cal Newport.

Also on bandcamp :-D 

bandcamp.com/nogifriday

FAB93638-F717-4491-B87B-31D2E84F2AD4.jpeg

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

2 hours ago, InfinitePotential said:

https://smarturl.it/InSearchOfTheOx

Check out my complete, newly released debut album “In Search of the Ox”!!

It has been SUCH a blast to make, and I have to thank Leo, the life purpose course, and this community a lot for the inspiration and wisdom to pursue my passion.

Now to promote it a lil bit, and then more importantly continue to work on my craft and become so good they can’t ignore me by Cal Newport.

Also on bandcamp :-D 

bandcamp.com/nogifriday

FAB93638-F717-4491-B87B-31D2E84F2AD4.jpeg

A lot of respect for pursuing your purpose and actually finishing an album. That's not an easy thing to do. I would love to push you further. So first, let me say that I like some of the tracks, some not so much. That's just personal taste though of course so take it as that :) 
To offer you some constructive criticism - I felt often times that too much is going on at once. Maybe that's style, but these passages were not so pleasant-sounding to me. As you may know, music and composition are a LOT about minimal sounds which are well balanced. Of course, it depends on the genre etc. but most if not all times "less is more" is a golden rule. 

In some tracks I found there to be too many sounds, even some counter acting rhtythms (only during some passages). Maybe get into this aspect more. But take my criticism with a grain of salt as well, I'm not an expert at all. I just used to make electronic music myself for some years, but it's been a while.

I also love the artwork, it's amazing!! 

I am reading "The War of Art" at the moment. At one point the author, whose art is writing, talks about the moment he finished his first screenplay (or novel) after many years of failing to do so. He went up to a friend of his who offered him valuable wisdom for pursuing his passion. He told him that he finished his novel. The guy didn't even look up and says: "Good for you. Start the new one today."
This right there really got me! I used to stop working after I finished a piece of music and think too much about it. So just as a pointer: Let it go. It's not yours. It's its own creation now. Now start your new album/EP today!

Much love for your journey man, never give up!

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

@peanutspathtotruth

thanks peanut! This is very helpful and I agree 100%. I’m sure looking back in 10 or so years when I’ve mastered music production a lot more there’ll be plenty to cringe over on these earlier tracks.

So excited to keep going. I’ve already started the next project / have made more songs since. The first roughly complete track is probably the most busy of all so far ?. I might try to incorporate your advice and get rid of some of the percussion elements, see if it sounds a little better and less crowded.

And sick War of Art passage. So true. Back at it tomorrow ??

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

i don't have a picture to show but i wanted to share that anyone who is interested in art as a lifestyle to check out "Akiane Kramarik". One of the best examples i've discovered recently about how following your life purpose walks hand in hand with your spiritual life. Its breathtaking really, and if you listen to her stories, the miracles and synchronicities she experiences sounds like something from the Alchemist, almost too good to be true. 

Another movie is "The Unicorn Store" with Brie Larson and Samuel Jackson. Its an adorable and quirky movie depicting the events of following your truth and passion with its rewards. (also about an artist)