eskwire

Shadow Work And The Big Joke

11 posts in this topic

I listened to the videos by  @Emerald Wilkins on the shadow and shadow work, and I see life as this goofy ballet now. 

It's as if we run away from ourselves, only to meet ourselves time and time again in the corrective effort to embrace ourselves.

It's like a joke we play on ourselves. We create a spider to fear, but because we fear it, some prankster keeps putting it in our bed. If we didn't fear it, the prankster would stop caring. 

And, of course, it reminds me of the Joy Division song.

nothing is anything

Hahaha we are creating the shadow first and then do shadow work to resolve it and embrace it. Merry go round, round and round. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Bull shat.. Concentration first then meditate. Leo finally posted this.  

5 hours ago, SLICKHAWK said:

Pardon? 

nothing is anything

Learn to focus/concentrate. Meditation follows.  Leo had posted in newer video on how concentration is learned to improve meditation times. 

Maybe even clearing out the monkey and his bananas.

1 hour ago, SLICKHAWK said:

Learn to focus/concentrate. Meditation follows.  Leo had posted in newer video on how concentration is learned to improve meditation times. 

Maybe even clearing out the monkey and his bananas.

Yes, I already meditate and added the concentration practice. I'm just not sure why you are mentioning it here. 

Learning more about the shadow was helpful and liberating. 

nothing is anything

18 hours ago, eskwire said:

I listened to the videos by  @Emerald Wilkins on the shadow and shadow work, and I see life as this goofy ballet now. 

It's as if we run away from ourselves, only to meet ourselves time and time again in the corrective effort to embrace ourselves.

It's like a joke we play on ourselves. We create a spider to fear, but because we fear it, some prankster keeps putting it in our bed. If we didn't fear it, the prankster would stop caring. 

And, of course, it reminds me of the Joy Division song.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the videos. :) Thanks for posting!

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

15 hours ago, SLICKHAWK said:

I'm not sure how this relates? These videos aren't about meditation directly, or concentration/lack thereof either. They are about reintegrating the ignored aspects of the self and reality through detachment, recognizing the inherent neutrality of all emotion/thoughts/traits, accepting the presence of all internal tendencies even ones that we don't like, and finding a beneficial expression for traits that were seen as negative wherever possible. Meditation and concentration play a role in this for sure, but Leo's most recent video and these videos are really apples and oranges. So, I'm confused. Can you clarify what you meant?

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, I_Like_Thing said:

I do that even when I'm not high.

Going by the comments on her channel, Emeralds shadow work videos have helped a lot of folks.

They explain it so well and I was thirsty for help with that. ? @Emerald Wilkins

nothing is anything

Lol i did get lost in my post. And that burger was delicious. Just kidding. Vegan. I apologize for posting in wrong thread.  

Any way would you like apple pie with that? Ding.lol