The Monk

High Iq, But Low Awareness And Consciousness?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

It shocks me to know that some individuals who live amongst us are tremendously smart, intelligent and creative. But how can they be of such low consciousness, although they are of high IQ? E.g. I've seen people who have extremely high IQS, but disregard religions and say that they are stupid and shouldn't be followed and say some religions are evil. Although all advocate the same thing which is enlightenment.

What are your thoughts on this?

And, I'm scared. :/

Edited by The Monk

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Intelligence doesn't count in awareness department. I was an atheist and a hardcore rationalist for 3 years and thought I was such more better than those religious folks, never having realized I just went on the other side of the same coin. 

The notion that religions are evil is a judgement and a belief that, if dropped, can create a serious identity crisis, nobody wants to do that so they just label it as evil.

i was like that for a long time, now I can see the beauty in religions, even though I realize it's delusional on a level.

Having no destination, I'm never lost. - Ikkyu

You could have a look at developmental lines in Ken Wilber's model. There might be people that are highly developed intellectually but very "low" spiritually or even morally, e.g. politicians, leaders of certain companies and so on. It is also possible to be very "high" spiritually but very "low" on an emotional or relational level. Happens also frequently because a lot of people start their journey as an escape in certain domains.

Edited by Toby

We can find good and bad in anything. Religions give more charity than any other group hands down. They also rape more kids and murder more people than any other group.  Military's are fed propaganda about God favoring their cause and country, so religion is seemingly flexible in it's uses. It is left to each of us to find our good, to make any differences we like. It's not perfect, but the only plausible middle ground are statistics. Also, don't forget, the majority of religions teach a warped view of their source material, in the sense that they are certainly not teaching individual liberation and enlightenment. The primary focus of dogma is that God is seperate from the individual and must be satisfied with individual dedication to the religion, to be acknowledged after their death. I'm not a sides taker when it comes to religion, but you have to admit, separating you from God by defining you as a sinner and then enstilling paradigms with repetition - "jeopardizing" your own salvation and eternal happiness - to a child - is the ultimate mindfuck. To me, it is child abuse. But again, all is well. It is as it is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE