AlexB

Homeostasis Kicked In Hard.

6 posts in this topic

Hey, so I'll try to keep it short, years ago I was severely depressed, shitty family, anxiety etc. Anyway after I discovered personal development and had a 360 degree shift.. Right now I feel like I'm losing it again. It's like a cycle, 'good times', 'bad times', 'good times again', how do you actually break free? 

why exactly are you feeling like you're losing it again? what is changing in your life right now? how did you deal with it before?

there are always going to be bad and good times, you have to find a way to deal with them, learn and grow.

try to find the motivation to learn from the negatives and find the right balance :)

just accepting the way things are can also help a lot. if you're not willing to accept, you have to make a change

It's a slower paced thing compared to losing wieght, beating depression, getting fit, things like that. 

There are the practices; meditation, better eating, books, PD, creating & writing, retreats, etc. Got to keep the connection.

More choice and more commitment to continue the growth & complexity. There are more breakthroughs though.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

Anyway after I discovered personal development and had a 360 degree shift.. Right now I feel like I'm losing it again. It's like a cycle, 'good times', 'bad times', 'good times again', how do you actually break free? 

Try to observe any attachment to the good & bad times, and notice the pain that attachment brings - delayed for good times, immediate pain for the bad.

Also, aim for a 180 degree shift instead. ^_^

You can't really have good times without bad times. They are two sides of the same coin. Reality is inclusive meaning it includes everything so you are not excluded from bad times on the relative personal level. Bad times come and go, but they never go away completely, see. But to end this whole dilemma, you have to go meta on this notion of good and bad. Who is saying there are good and bad times to begin with? Are good times and bad times existentially true or are they concepts of your mind?

Contemplate your notion of good and bad until they vanish. Then, you will understand reality at a deeper level and that IN FACT, there are no good nor bad. Reality just IS! Understand this and you will break free.

Doing too much too soon will make homeostasis kick in harder. Try taking steps towards self improvement, it's a life long journey don't rush it. But, I'd listen to the comments above as well :) Good luck!