How to be wise

[book] Loving What Is By Katie Byron

5 posts in this topic

So I was reading that book for emotional mastery, and I was wondering, if I mastered her method, could I ever be immune to all negative emotions? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

You can't always be immune to all negative emotions but you can achieve a state where as soon as a negative emotion comes up you let it go within around ten seconds of having it. So pretty much yeah you can, you'll just have to consciously release it.

@How to be wise Love the book! Well at that moment, you would completely feel the "negative" emotions and would automatically (if practiced) inquire on your thoughts about the emotions. Do you create a story out of the emotions? Do you get attached? Does it affect your ego? As soon as these feelings come up ask the 4 questions & turnarounds in your head, or if that doesn't work then go home and write it down on the "judge your neighbor" worksheet Byron Katie provides online. 

With practice you will automatically self inquire on negative emotions and once surrendered to the fact that nothing outside can hurt you except only yourself, then it will fither out and you will be at peace. 

In the book review, Leo said that he could have put this book into the enlightenment and consciousness category, so does that mean that if I do The Work long enough, I will be able to attain enlightenment? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 3/20/2017 at 1:13 PM, How to be wise said:

So I was reading that book for emotional mastery, and I was wondering, if I mastered her method, could I ever be immune to all negative emotions? 

Yes you can :) I did and I truly believe you can too 

On 5/18/2017 at 3:07 PM, How to be wise said:

In the book review, Leo said that he could have put this book into the enlightenment and consciousness category, so does that mean that if I do The Work long enough, I will be able to attain enlightenment? 

It isn't yes or no answer. There is a lot more to realize about enlightenment. But who knows? Try for yourself :)

On her book she states " enlighten yourself up on this moment, eventually it will all unfold". I can look up the right page if you wish, but I remember there is such a state.  

''Firmness in Love"