Yimpa

Dead Woman Wakes Up In Her Coffin

6 posts in this topic

Jesus


"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why you should get cremated (they better make sure you are dead tho) 

No but seriously, before I die I want to instruct my kids to burn me, mix my ashes with soil and plant a tree in that in a nice foresty place. I've read about people who did that and it sounds like a magnificent way to go. Fuck paying 5 grant for a grave and then having your family make depressing visits each year and buy overpriced candles and flowers. Give that money back to your family, they can use it better than some old guy at the edge of death. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Fuck paying 5 grant for a grave and then having your family make depressing visits each year and buy overpriced candles and flowers.

that's so true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

That's why you should get cremated (they better make sure you are dead tho) 

No but seriously, before I die I want to instruct my kids to burn me, mix my ashes with soil and plant a tree in that in a nice foresty place. I've read about people who did that and it sounds like a magnificent way to go. Fuck paying 5 grant for a grave and then having your family make depressing visits each year and buy overpriced candles and flowers. Give that money back to your family, they can use it better than some old guy at the edge of death. 

Graves are for the living, not for the dead. Many people are attached to those who passed away and use that symbolism to cope with grief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Israfil said:

Graves are for the living, not for the dead. Many people are attached to those who passed away and use that symbolism to cope with grief. 

Sure thing but I'm sure we can come up with better ways to remember the dead than visiting an overpriced, depressing block of stone each year in the middle of thousand other blocks of stone. As a kid, havig to visit the graves of people I didn't even know just reminds me of so many unpleasant experiences, I'd hate my grandkids having to go through that. 

Cremate, plant a tree, or maybe carve out the initials of that person on the bark -  sounds so much better. With time, that tree will be forgotten once the closest people are gone or have moved on., becoming part of the ecosystem and even serving as a haven for birds and insects.  No need to occupy space for 200 years in the middle of the cemetery. Most of us are not that special. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Sure thing but I'm sure we can come up with better ways to remember the dead than visiting an overpriced, depressing block of stone each year in the middle of thousand other blocks of stone. As a kid, havig to visit the graves of people I didn't even know just reminds me of so many unpleasant experiences, I'd hate my grandkids having to go through that. 

Cremate, plant a tree, or maybe carve out the initials of that person on the bark -  sounds so much better. With time, that tree will be forgotten, becoming part of the ecosystem and even serving as a haven for birds and insects once the closest people are gone or have moved on. No need to occupy space for 200 years in the middle of the cemetery. 

I don't think things are that simple. I would like to have the type of funeral you described, but different people have different needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now