Cesar Alba

My Girl Teases Me Because Of My Tabaquism.

9 posts in this topic

Well I meet this nice girl 6 months ago, at the beginning she was ok with my addiction, only once, she got mad in the first three weeks of our relationship, but I told her really calmed: I'm telling you now, and I want to be very clear with you, long time before I met you I was smoking, When you met me I was smoking, and yes, i do know it's bad for me and some day I may quit smoking, but, you have to make yourself the idea, that that may happen in a year, in five, ten, or maybe I'll die and I'll never stop smoking, so think really good if despite all I said you still want something with me. 

She said it was OK.

this girl is always so worried about her health, she doesn't eat any red meat, milk, cheese, she works out, etc. so I don't make this too long, I would say she's the total opposite from me. Despite she said it was ok, she won't stop bitching about the cigarette, my whole family smokes, so when she's with my family she starts doing like she haves a horrible headache because of the cigarette and starts acting rude with everybody. I understand that if she's uncomfortable with the smoke it's okay, now when I smoke i do it away from her (not hiding from her) so she won't breath the smoke, but I can't do anything if my family does it, and I don't want to eather.

Today she started teasing me because of my addiction, and we starting debating, of course I know I'll never win because there's nothing to defend about the cigar, AND SHE KNOWS IT, and I asked her why she does that, she says she haves to remind me how bad it is and make me feel uncomfortable so it anoyes me and then I will stop smoking... that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard!

I never asked her to be the voice inside and outside my head, I never asked her to me watching me how much do I or don't smoke, actually I've asked her to stop fucking with the same subject and if she doesn't like go fuck of!

If I'll stop smoking it will be because i want to, not because of her teasing on me. She even thinks that telling me that my breath smells like an Asher, that my skin, my hair and my clothes smell like cigar will make me stop smoking, it's not, it's a pain in the ass listening that, it even wants to make me be away of her so she stops fucking with me.

She also starts saying that my addiction is because I'm to aprehensive, that I don't let go of past and so and so... and she's right!

but obviously she's not perfect, she has a lot of emotional problems too and I try to find the moment and the words to say it to her, but she thinks it's okay to be all day depressed because dolphins are being killed, she thinks that it's okay not socializing with any person that drinks, smokes, gets high, or that simply doesn't share the same ideas of what's right and wrong to her, anybody who doesn't share that, she thinks they are idiots.

she need to open her fucking mind!

What you guys think? What do I have to say to her or do, cause I've told her directly how I feel but her way of view is first.

She must see something really good in you to want to be with you in spite of all her complaining, so high five for that!

And although I don't encourage anyone to smoke, I admire your resolve to continue doing what you love in the face of so much criticism.

If you really are resolved to smoking for the rest of your life then I think you'll have to find another girl to be honest. She's probably never going to accept your smoking and will complain about it until the day you die, so you'd have to either live with that or change your habits.

I'd be a bit bothered if my beautiful/amazing other half smelled like shit smoke every day also.  I'd also try encourage them to stop smoking as I don't want to deal with their shitty smoking problems in years to come (if I'm still with them) such as bronchitis and liver cancer.  I also cringe when someone is speaking to me with their toxic breath.  I'm an ex smoker of about 6 years of smoking so I have some experience with smelling like smoke.

A simple solution to your problem is to quit smoking or get rid of her or even grow a pair and deal with the criticism.  You probably don't deserve someone like her anyways.  Someone that cares about your health and well being.

I also want to point out that the benefits of not smoking outweigh the benefits of smoking...actually smoking has no benefits.  Trust me when I say that not smoking is way better than smoking.  I know that the cravings are there...but you just got to grow a spine a realize that these cravings pass after 2 or 3 minutes.  Remind yourself of this for days and months and smoking won't even bother you.  Smoking is not a need so can be easily gotten rid of. I'm a year off smoking now and I feel great and the sense of achievement is awesome on top of that.  Maybe it's time for you to "open your fucking mind" and see the damage smoking does to you and how much money you waste on it.  Heck, just do a bit of research of the benefits as weeks pass without smoking to get you motivated.

Now is the time to quit. Just do it or be that pussy that can't achieve simple things.

I do apologize for being so blunt.  But sometimes people need a good kick in the arse to get them to realize what they're doing and what they're capable of.

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

On 18/03/2017 at 10:40 PM, Cesar Alba said:

She also starts saying that my addiction is because I'm to aprehensive, that I don't let go of past and so and so... and she's right!

she knows it.

learn how to deal with your shit. grow up. and be thankful because it's your chance to have support to break out of this filthy habit.

unborn Truth

This is your ego finding good excuses and projections about your girlfriend to rationalize your smoking addiction.

You have someone who loves you and wants to help you curing your disease, and you're complaining about it, man, it's time to grow up ...

@Cesar Alba Also, think about all the people that smoke passively because of you, some of them will get cancer because you didn't have the balls to cure your addiction.

It is not only about your health, it's about every person that is near you when you smoke ...

And lastly, do you realize that you are literally paying to die prematurely ?

You are PAYING to get a BETTER chance to DIE !!!!!

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

You realise that if that's how you look at things you have a lot of personal work to do and you won't be feeling consistently feeling good until you do it right? Might as well get your shit together and face your fears cause you don't have much to lose there. It'll cure your relationship and be great for you as well. Also if she's stupid then she's stupid. Being upset about it won't change things that much, especially in the long run. I'd also recommend seeing you as a couple helping each other out in life, don't you have an aspiration to do something cool in your life as well?

22 hours ago, jse said:

Yassora_1003151611-meme.jpg

@jse how did you get this photo of me without makeup? :D

On 2017-03-19 at 2:40 AM, Cesar Alba said:

What you guys think?

Stop that bullshit, it is so easy to quit this very second.

Edited by Vanish