The Monk

Higher Awareness= Less Laughing.

16 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, recently I've been experiencing the characteristics of having higher consciousness from meditation, and also greater levels of awareness. This is as, I'm aware of what people say and how it grows their own unconscious identity. But, they usually do this by making fun of others which, their unconscious identity growing, which leads to the manifestation of psychological problems and possible psychical backfiring effects within the future too, as they attempt to preserve their own ego. Also, I see many people use self deprecating humour, a form of humour that is used to make fun of oneself to make others laugh. But I also think that this would grow individuals own ego's and lead to greater suffering. I too am guilty of doing these.

Should I just stop laughing?

What do you suggest?

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

Who is laughing and thinks about stopping laughing? You're identifying with the Ego, just my observation. You don't need to analyze so much, you need to let go and look for yourself.

Laughter is supposed to be spontaneous anyway, if you find something funny laugh, if you don't - don't laugh.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

14 minutes ago, The Monk said:

see many people use self deprecating humour, a form of humour that is used to make fun of oneself to make others laugh.

Seriousness is the barrier -- the wrong attitude. Anything that makes you serious is irreligious. If you can laugh at yourself, everything is okay. People laugh at others, but never laugh at themselves. It has to be learned. If you can laugh at yourself, seriousness is already gone. It cannot make its abode within you if you are capable of laughing at yourself.

Laughing at oneself kills the ego and you are more transparent, more light, when you move in the world. And if you have laughed at yourself, then others' laughter toward you won't disturb you. In fact they are simply cooperating, they are doing the same thing that you were doing. You will feel happy.

To laugh at others is egoistic; to laugh at oneself is very humble. Learn to laugh at yourself -- about your seriousness and things like that. You can get serious about seriousness. Then instead of one, you have created two diseases. Then you can get serious about that also, and you can go on and on.

@Prabhaker I know the laughing at oneself is ok. But, if others are laughing at myself with me e.g. if a pull a funny face then their ego is growing whilst mine is diminishing. Isn't that bad?

2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

@Prabhaker I know the laughing at oneself is ok. But, if others are laughing at myself with me e.g. if a pull a funny face then their ego is growing whilst mine is diminishing. Isn't that bad?

Thats not how it works.. Even if you interpret Ego in someone, you can't judge the inner experience of others, only in yourself, so don't be thinking about helping others before you are completely free. Welp I better take my own advice here... I am pretty bad at doing that tho (taking my own advices)

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodoster Yes, I understand the concept of being free. But, judging by the principles of psychology it will still grow for others. As it is known as the unconscious identity.

Edited by The Monk

I disagree, I never laughed more since I started to transcend my ego.

It is way too funny to see how much we are fucked up, I laugh at myself at least 5 times a day :P

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

41 minutes ago, The Monk said:

But, if others are laughing at myself with me e.g. if a pull a funny face then their ego is growing whilst mine is diminishing. Isn't that bad?

We can't change the world if we don't change our consciousness. Your change is the beginning of the change of the world. If you don't change, you can go on changing the whole world - nothing changes; you will go on creating the same world again and again.

By your meditation, you will be different, and when you are different the world is different because it is your world; it depends on your vision, on your interpretation.

2 hours ago, The Monk said:

Hey Guys, recently I've been experiencing the characteristics of having higher consciousness from meditation, and also greater levels of awareness. This is as, I'm aware of what people say and how it grows their own unconscious identity. But, they usually do this by making fun of others which, their unconscious identity growing, which leads to the manifestation of psychological problems and possible psychical backfiring effects within the future too, as they attempt to preserve their own ego. Also, I see many people use self deprecating humour, a form of humour that is used to make fun of oneself to make others laugh. But I also think that this would grow individuals own ego's and lead to greater suffering. I too am guilty of doing these.

Should I just stop laughing?

What do you suggest?

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

bruh

there's other kinds of laughter beyond laughing at others and self deprecation 

I think you're right, laughter based in unwholesome thoughts or negativity tends to create seeds that sprout more unwholesome thoughts,

but there's other kinds of laughter, for example

look at this dog

yt2CbA0.jpg

laugh because you can be happy right now

0dc19847d1716f29e879ea5ea8c3b35c.jpg

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I usually smile when I'm happy, I don't laugh usually. Or when I do laugh I identify myself doing it, and stop laughing. And I'm a really happy person, I meditate quite a lot.

4 things that increase daily happiness:

- Eating healthy: Yes, food has a big impact on your mood, check the web if you don't believe me.

- Just being in nature, sun bathing, and doing NOTHING. Seriously, this is EASY to do, and it brings you so much peace.

- Exercice daily: 30 minutes of walk the days you don't do your sport, and 2 sessions of sport per week.

- Meditation: 20 minutes minimum per day, before work.

If you have balls and aren't incorporating an another habit right now, try 2 hours per day, you just don't give a fuck about what happen at that point :P

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Shin I already do all of those.

I know the laughing at oneself is ok. But, if others are laughing at myself with me e.g. if a pull a funny face then their ego is growing whilst mine is diminishing. Isn't that bad?

No, they won't understand, and they'll have to face that.

They'll most likely label you as strange or stupid, but they may also realize that what they were doing is wrong.

Inconscious person can't handle love and true confidence, they hate that, because they want it (without knowing it), so the only way they can react is by covering the feeling of their own lack by lying to themself.

Yeah sure, some extremely inconscious people will want to fight you for that, but they'll want to fight you whatever you do anyway, so why not being true to yourself and try to feel unconditional love while you are at it, that can be a good exercice actually.

God is love

And God in them

Seems so many people like to talk about laughing. Funny, huh? :D

As I understod, your friends are making fun from another people. Maybe you just grew up of these kind of jokes?

People are happy when everithing is OK, people are sad when things get bad, and they laugh when they feel alike.

Does not matter if you are Enlightened, or experiencing higher awareness. It is not your ego producing the emotions! Emotions are naturely, they will be here forever.

Like love! ;) Love will be here forever.

So love! Delinkaaaa