OBEler

Teslas new humanoid robot "Optimus"

8 posts in this topic

These Robots are real! Why is the media not hyped about?

If this robot "Optimus" comes out of the market under 20.000 euro and everyone can use it at home, this company will be the most valued company in the world.

17 hours ago, OBEler said:

@UnbornTao you can put him clothes on 

Have you watched I, Robot? Similar to that. The potential AI has for mischief.

- "Hey Siri, clean my room."

- "Clean it yourself, bi**h"

Edited by UnbornTao

Robotics like this is cringe, its inevitable yet as a product uncreative, the only creative part of the robotic process is what will be hidden from view and is contained only in those who made theories for how to make it. Though even this hidden "creativity" is just explicit logical reasoning and pattern recognition.

If there will be humans for another thousand years "our" robots will look like a reinvention of the wheel, yet these futuristic humans will also be limited in ways humans have always been limited, I think it is wise to focus on and learn to grow from a love and direct experience of these inherent limits.

Robotics of the kind above is a self-obsession. It wont have my applause before it makes a humanoid robot that is indistinguishable from us in physical appearance yet three or four times as strong in most ways, wait, is that even possible?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

9 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

I think it is wise to focus on and learn to grow from a love and direct experience of these inherent limits.

9 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

It wont have my applause before it makes a humanoid robot that is indistinguishable from us in physical appearance yet three or four times as strong in most ways

Aren't these conflicting ideas? Humans are limited, but they can still do cool things. Similarly we can acknowledge that these robots are limited, but hey they can still do cool things. So why expect robots to do all of these things, when we could appreciate the current, very limited robots we have instead? Wouldn't that be more loving?

beep boop

If it cooks and cleans the house... 

Make it prepare world class sushi from home.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?