fireworld

The Strangest Thing About Being Employed And Success.

23 posts in this topic

I thought I was a sociopath once, too, but I took a test online and it said that I'm not; turns out I'm just socially retarded.  

When I worked grocery, I noticed that the management buddies would get together and spread their knowledge at the cigarette circle.  I used to be jealous in a twisted way that I wasn't more of a drinker/smoker/gossip.  One theory that I hate, but sometimes seems true is FUMU: Fuck up, move up.  If it's true, then I am embracing it fully.  I am gonna use every "fuck up" as a way to advance my life and create comradderie.  I don't think I need to get addicted to anything new for that to happen.

Secondly, if I had really wanted to advance my career in grocery, I am sure there could have been many cut and dry pathways.  If I really wanted to make friends with the management, I could have talked to ones who were more open to my energy, or I could have had fun weasling my way into the smoking circle by treating everyone to coconut water.  Yes, this might take a little courage and creativity and embracing social awkwardness, but when you realize that they are just little kids on the inside too, we can go play with them.

15 hours ago, MissMiki said:

but when you realize that they are just little kids on the inside too, we can go play with them.

Words of the wise.