The Monk

Higher Conscioussness= More Suffering?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, recently I was contemplating about how some people live such poor lives and have no seemingly no influence over them. E.g. I know someone who is close to my family who is now old and his children that are addicted to drugs, are neurotic and toxic. Which made me feel sad as the person himself seems to be aware of this and be of a moderate consciousness, although he does have some negative beliefs.

I realised that Leo said within a forum comment that you will experience more emotions throughout your life the higher your consciousness gets, but Isn't it worsening the quality of my life? As I'm feeling sad, rather than happy.

E.g. I was taking a bath, and looking at the vast amounts of water within in it, and thinking I'm bathing with this much water, but some children around the world cant even get a glass of it. Which made me feel sad also, but I thought that this was a result of me becoming more conscious and aware of life.

What do you guys suggest, and is this good for me or bad?

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try and get back to you as soon as I can.  :/

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

No, it's waking up from this nightmare of the ego. Then suffering is seen as temporary and necessary as one (small) part of the path.

@The Monk More Consciousness = Less Suffering For You + More empathy with the suffering of others

@The Monk When you are thinking you are not conscious. Thoughts=ego=resistantce to what is. when you resist you suffer. shift your focus to your breathing, to your bodily sensations that are causing you to feel "bad" and you'll notice that when you are just watching them, there is no resistance, there is no suffering, only sensations.

It might be that as you develop awareness the ego/thoughts have more food for suffering but be aware that's it's again the ego doing his "job".

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

I think I there is a distinction between compassion and empathy. The latter will make you sad but the former actually brings happiness. I'm no expert but this is my understanding.

@The Monk I can tune into peoples inner child, experience it and initiate healing if they are receptive. And that is no suffering. That is joy.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.