Ariel

I Start To Doubt This

12 posts in this topic

Do you think the videos and the site are legit?

I have opened a thread like this before, but now I add more questsions.

I came back because I felt the I am missing something.

I have seen Leo's video about television and someone wrote a comment there: 

The dumbass points I take from this video: 1. Dishonest: Leo automatically discounts your arguments 2:54 2. Dishonest: Watching 1 hour of TV per day means you are ADDICTED TO TV. 13:28 then 23:42 3. Contradictions: TV is negative unless Leo approves of it. 1:48 18:15 4. Contradicitons: TV drains you 7:22, but recharges you 25:51. 5. Contradictions: If Leo disagrees with your lifestyle, then it is not your OWN KIND OF LIFE. 7:22 6. Contradictions: Leo can be successful while watching TV but YOU CAN NOT! 22:45, 1:36, & 2:31 7. Contradictions: 8:03 The screen is evil! 20:27 The screen is Not evil! 8. Contradictions: 31:20 Leo does not like going out, but forces himself to. How is that relaxing for him!? This is included in his list of relaxing activities that replace the relaxing TV! 9. Withdrawl: Did not describe the actual SYMPTOMS of the withdrawl, but just claims they're "very real." 23:46 10. Withdrawl: A WITHDRAWL SYMPTOM is not the simple desire to DO THE THING YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T. Idiot. 24:54 11. Guilt Cycles: Created a goal he did not achieve. 24:13, 24:57 12. Guilt Cycles: Blames TV for the guilt he created. 24:20 13. Guilt Cycles: Projects his guilt on the viewer 38:28. "YOU can get SO hooked." 14. Ads: Subliminal Messaging for his viewers about how relaxing his channel is. 22:53 15. Ads: 38:59 You can only create an "amazing life" if you're subscribed to Leo! 16. Ads: 12:23 Advertising provides easy solutions to life's problems. Leo says all his solutions are difficult.... right? More Bullshit: 25:33 "I think that one of the dangers here is to kid yourself and to tell yourself: [I will replace TV with more work, or educational stuff, or doing personal development.] The List of relaxing things that replace the relaxation that Television provided him: 1. Non-Fiction Books. It's amazing for your "performance". Don't read fiction it's bad for you, but not always. 2. Audio Programs.  Leo loves relistening to his audio programs. Even though he's an idiot, the bullshit he listens to needs to be heard multiple times before even his brain succumbs to it. (But Leo said Personal Development is a danger at 25:33) 3. Educational Videos. (But LEO said its a danger at 25:33)

I don't want to be negative but he has a few good points here...

So I have read this and it's pretty strange. 

Leo tells us not to watch tv and other videos but then he tells us that we should watch educational videos. 

He tells us not to socialize (on other video) and then he tells us that we should.

He recommends us to to become vegetarian but he also have said on a comment that he thinks Paleo diet is a good idea (which contains meat).

I also felt that he is trying to build a cult.

He told us that we can watch a movie sometimes but then he told us that watching even 1 hours of tv is bad.

It's pretty strange to me. I really liked some of the ideas in the channel but I feel now that what he talks about is not complete, that he says things from his experience. He tells us that depression is only from thougths when it's not always the case.

Did you but the life purpose course? Did you but the book list? Are you satisfied?

Can you explain things to me?

Edited by Ariel

@Ariel do you want someone else to guide you through your life? someone to make decisions for you and to assume the consequences in your place?

leo, just like any other sincere spiritual/truth seeker, is simply pointing out the things that have been working for him. he talks a lot about purification, which is the REAL work to be done.

i, myself,

• do not watch tv since i was 14 y/o. but i use the internet to help me understand more about healthy habits;
  • am vegetarian. but i eat fish with my fiancée sometimes. i'm not an extremist;
  • do not go to night parties to get drunk and socialize with toxic people. but i do go out with yoga practitioners. i and my fiancée meet A LOT of interesting people who teach us A LOT of things as we teach them as well;

i congratulate (and thank) anyone who engages in the purification process and talks about it publicly, because true spiritual practitioners are SCARCE.

i did not buy the life purpose course nor his book list. i've watched some of his videos and then i found this forum, where people with real needs show up. here i feel like the wisdom i've attained through my suffering can help others to release their own sufferings.

there's nothing much to explain. do you have the courage to engage in a purifying process?

unborn Truth

3 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Ariel do you want someone else to guide you through your life? someone to make decisions for you and to assume the consequences in your place?

leo, just like any other sincere spiritual/truth seeker, is simply pointing out the things that have been working for him. he talks a lot about purification, which is the REAL work to be done.

i, myself,

• do not watch tv since i was 14 y/o. but i use the internet to help me understand more about healthy habits;
  • am vegetarian. but i eat fish with my fiancée sometimes. i'm not an extremist;
  • do not go to night parties to get drunk and socialize with toxic people. but i do go out with yoga practitioners. i and my fiancée meet A LOT of interesting people who teach us A LOT of things as we teach them as well;

i congratulate (and thank) anyone who engages in the purification process and talks about it publicly, because true spiritual practitioners are SCARCE.

i did not buy the life purpose course nor his book list. i've watched some of his videos and then i found this forum, where people with real needs show up. here i feel like the wisdom i've attained through my suffering can help others to release their own sufferings.

there's nothing much to explain. do you have the courage to engage in a purifying process?

I always wanted to become the best version of myself. I thougth that maybe the videos could help me but now I am not sure...

6 minutes ago, Ariel said:

I always wanted to become the best version of myself. I thougth that maybe the videos could help me but now I am not sure...

fundamentally, no external source can help you. blame others. blame the human race. blame the planet earth. blame reality. do whatever you want to do before you decide to be 100% responsible for your own life. ONLY THEN you may start to grow up.

unborn Truth

There is so much available online. It's a buffet just for you. Try it all, eat what you like. It doesn't benefit you to express disdain for the mashed potatoes. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you seek a teacher that will never contradict (in your eyes) something he said earlier, you'll never find a teacher that fits you.

The all thing is just a gigantic paradox, filled with more paradoxes, it just never ends.

Trying to understand reality with our limited brain, is the same thing as an ant which tries to understand how to drive a F1 car xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Ariel You're a lot better off not taking anyone's word on faith and verify things for yourself.

My claim is that Leo is right and that you should cut off TV completely. It's a very obvious positive change especially with the way TV is nowadays. Now go do some research and the practical work to verify that claim.

Start with Google.

4 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Ariel You're a lot better off not taking anyone's word on faith and verify things for yourself.

My claim is that Leo is right and that you should cut off TV completely. It's a very obvious positive change especially with the way TV is nowadays. Now go do some research and the practical work to verify that claim.

Start with Google.

13 hours ago, ajasatya said:

fundamentally, no external source can help you. blame others. blame the human race. blame the planet earth. blame reality. do whatever you want to do before you decide to be 100% responsible for your own life. ONLY THEN you may start to grow up.

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

There is so much available online. It's a buffet just for you. Try it all, eat what you like. It doesn't benefit you to express disdain for the mashed potatoes. 

12 hours ago, Shin said:

If you seek a teacher that will never contradict (in your eyes) something he said earlier, you'll never find a teacher that fits you.

The all thing is just a gigantic paradox, filled with more paradoxes, it just never ends.

Trying to understand reality with our limited brain, is the same thing as an ant which tries to understand how to drive a F1 car xD

4 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

Start with Google.

I think you guys missunderstood me. I am not against quitting television, I actually belive that people waste too much time on this. I am just giving an example so you understand why I am suspicious.

Let's take another video, he said that depression comes from thougths while there is clinical depression which I guess comes from imbalance of neuro-transmitters.

Another thing that I have seen is someone who commented on somewhere that he doesn't even solve his problems in the video.

--------------------------------------------------------

Now read carefully, I am not against what Leo does here, I never said he is a liar and I don't want to say anything bad about him or anyone who follows him.

I, myself liked the idea of his channel and I want to follow it but some points on his videos make me go suspicious, I just want some shit to be clear for me.

I am just filling that he tries to build a cult or something, please correct anything I said.

@Ariel my name is Ariel too funny coincidence. I personally think like some others have pointed out you have to verify this information for yourself. I think if you don't take the theories and put them into practice you can't really find out if it works or not. Other than that all I can say is that every experience I have in life acts as an adviser in my head leading me the right way. Like when how you fail you learn what not to do. 

Every word someone says is interpreted different by the one who hears it. Sometimes a little and sometimes a lot. We all have diferent minds. 

Could the time that you spend watching tv be used somewhere else that is more productive for your life? Probably. Guess that is the general message of the video. 

14 hours ago, Shin said:

Meet Anthony Davidson ("Ant"), ex F1driver:

Ant.jpg

@Ariel  Nobody ever told you to follow Leo based on blind faith. Verify things for yourself.

I recommend you put in the effort to study personal development from hundreds of different sources over the course of a few years. Look at it through a dozen perspectives and then contemplate for yourself what is best for you.

Leo himself has outright said that what he speaks is never absolutely true.