puporing

People are Overpaying for "Bathrooms"

12 posts in this topic

So thanks to all this awakening work, my mind comes up with some out of the box stuff from time to time, something that's been sticking around lately is the idea that "People are overpaying for a bathroom".

What do I mean?

You're probably familiar with the idea and trendiness of "Tiny House", myself have been drawn to this kind of thing. But overall, when I looked into them, they still cost a lot of money and not that affordable, and not even that mobile. But lately because I wanted to convert my vehicle to a camper van for fun, and because the topic of homelessness comes up for me also, it really occurred to me as I was doing the conversion research that the only thing that's really "missing" if someone were to live part/full-time in a vehicle is a BATHROOM, :D.

I can basically have everything else I need if say I didn't own a lot of shit and just have the essentials for cooking and sleeping, there's enough gadgets out there to power a minimalist lifestyle on the road. The main "inconvenience" that I could think of is BATHROOM, something we got used to having around. (which there are work-arounds)

But think about it... maybe we're all just overpaying for a NICE BATHROOM. ;)

Don't take me too serious if this doesn't make you laugh. It's not trying to convince you to leave your home/house or anything.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Yea it's funny to think about! Everyone wants their own bathroom nobody else can use haha.

I was going to get a small camper van (NV-200) earlier this year, but the monthly payments seemed too much for me. I kind of regret not jumping on it because of the great condition and low mileage, but it's a depreciating asset anyways and it's hard to feel free and productive when you are limited by space so much. Having a one bedroom apartment is nice for me. I have room and privacy to do what I want.

Another huge problem is the government in most places in the world is extremely nosy and doesn't want you being "technically" homeless. If you don't have a legal address you can't get many jobs, financial connections, etc. They need to be able to find you to force you to pay taxes, taxes they will just misuse inefficiently on stupid shit anyways. They LOVE keeping people on the capitalists' treadmill of grinding and paying into the ponzi real-estate and pension scheme. 

You'd have to be very lucky to find a particular job and place where you can get away with living mobile, having reliable internet/water access and so on.

Also maintaining good physical/mental health living under stressful resource constrained conditions.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

yeah it totally depends on your overall situation and preferences. It depends on the van too. Cargo vans are a lot more expensive than mid-sized vans.

Idk about the address thing because I know you can get a PO Box fairly easily and it should be considered valid address. Some employers could care less about where you are located but I get what you mean, it's maybe more about fitting in with the group culture. In some industries (labor types), it can be pretty common to live out of vehicles (or with some hotels combined) on their off days coz they work away so much. 

but yeah I was mostly thinking from a minimum bare bones perspective, what the true value of "a home" is. :D Thank god I don't live in Vancouver or Toronto, idk why anyone would pay that much to the banks. That's some OVERPRICED BATHROOMS (with a box). ;) 1 Million Dollar Bathrooms!

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

Buy a steel bucket at HomeDepot ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Buy a steel bucket at HomeDepot ;)

"Your Awakening is incomplete until you are ready to poop in a bucket". ;)

@Benton that's not a bad option if you want much more free time than you might otherwise have.

I'm in a slightly different situation/goal, mostly more mobility, cars are prob the closest thing I can get to being an "angel" while in human form. ;)

but maybe you just gave some ideas to someone else. 

lmao well you can shit on the grass and pick it up with a doggy bag, or shit directly in the doggy bag and throw it out in a local garbage bin.

Can also get a gym membership and use there facilities for washing ++. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

9 hours ago, integral said:

Can also get a gym membership and use there facilities for washing ++. 

yeah that's one of the easiest. lol and baby wipes. AHEM.

My brother has a camper van with bathroom. He's got it for a few years now and we often go on trips together and I always use the bathroom. However my brother never used it since he got the van because he prefers to go into nature and dig a hole ??

26 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

My brother has a camper van with bathroom. He's got it for a few years now and we often go on trips together and I always use the bathroom. However my brother never used it since he got the van because he prefers to go into nature and dig a hole ??

lmao, that sounds nice, is it one of those portable toilets? (where you empty and clean it when it's full?). 

7 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Yes, exactly. Before I use it, I put a chemical solution tab in it and pour a few liters of water on it. At the end I throw everything out and just rinse with water.

ok cool, that doesn't sound too bad to handle with the tab/water. Might look into that in the end, more as a backup if anything. Thank you!