Prior_Effort

Why you think that Psychedelics raise consciousness?

11 posts in this topic

Edited by Prior_Effort

I don't think it.

It happens.

From that experience, thoughts label it as I'm more conscious.

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

21 hours ago, Prior_Effort said:

You can think of awareness as sensitivity if you want. Your ability to sense expands, since awareness and senses are one, your ability to experience expands so your sense of what you are expands. 

When things you never could sense, feel the same as things you only sensed as a separate individual you become aware that high or low consciousness is just an illusion. You are creating this illusion by blocking your ability to sense.

It's like watching a movie and turning down the volume. You can see what they are doing but you cannot hear what they are saying. Then you turn on the volume and now you can sense what they are saying. By being able to hear you have raised your awareness to sound. You are aware of sound, can sense sound. 

It's as simple as that. Awareness is just the ability to sense what you are, so to sense an expression is to be aware of it.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

when I take psychedelics it's like my normal Tunnel focus goes away and expands and I see and feel so much more Details. Details I never noticed before. Also food tastes 10 times better or worse (depending how natural it is) 

You can even feel little particles in the air. 

It's absolutely clear for me that psychedelics makes me more conscious. Take it and you will see for yourself 

That's one of the ultimate mysteries.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think they work by inhibiting brain activity (that's what the evidence seems to suggest [1]), thereby "simulating" the death process. (I say simulate, but really there's no difference.) I don't think they "increase" consciousness, but rather make it more fluid by unlocking or uncoupling it from the rigid, limited or confined configuration it's normally in.

1. http://jcn.cognethic.org/jcnv4i3_Kastrup.pdf

"Psychedelic substances have been known to induce powerful self-transcending experiences (Strassman 2001; Griffiths et al. 2006; Strassman et al. 2008). It had been assumed that they did so by exciting parts of the brain. Yet, recent neuroimaging studies have shown that psychedelics do largely the opposite (Carhart-Harris et al. 2012; Palhano-Fontes et al. 2015; Carhart-Harris et al. 2016). In an article he wrote for Scientific American Mind, neuroscientist Christof Koch (2012) expressed his surprise at these results. Carhart-Harris (2012, 2138), for instance, reported “only decreases in cerebral blood flow” under the influence of a psychedelic. Perhaps even more significantly, “the magnitude of this decrease [in brain activity] predicted the intensity of the subjective effects” of the psychedelic (Ibid.). As such, the significant self-transcending experiences that follow psychedelic intake are—counterintuitively—accompanied by reductions of brain activity."

Edited by Egosum

Why does Mario grow huge when he eats a mushroom?

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

On psychedelics boundaries are dissolved. You experience oceanic boundlessness. Time becomes an artifact or relative. You see things from a new perspective. You can astral project. You can disassociate from your body. You become much more aware of the abilities of your brain and your own consciousness. For all these reasons your consciousness is raised. :) 

I think that Creator with its infinite inteligence concluded that it would be awesome to create such a "shortcut/window" for some silly monkeys.

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Change of state is not dependent on any action or "content" of consciousness. Whatever is, is.

But also it is dependent, sort of. 

When You shoot yourself in the head in a dream at night, is it really the bullet that wakes You up?

Edited by Sincerity

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

when I take psychedelics it's like my normal Tunnel focus goes away and expands and I see and feel so much more Details. Details I never noticed before. Also food tastes 10 times better or worse (depending how natural it is) 

You can even feel little particles in the air. 

It's absolutely clear for me that psychedelics makes me more conscious. Take it and you will see for yourself 

You can make that your baseline experience. Why not aim for that.

Also one interesting thing that happened to me on an edible is I became aware that I can create cartoon masterpieces. I'm not normally a funny person, but your awareness can expand to the point where you realize that all comedy and creativity is you. 

I mean its really cool to drop that human identity, that limited character you constructed, to really explore your infinite creativity. I became aware that as God I can infinitely entertain myself forever. As God you are the greatest stand up comedian, greatest animator, greatest everything....lol. Humans don't even compare or come close.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.