bmcnicho

Leo Mentioned on Red Pill Podcast

11 posts in this topic

It’s called the Whatever Dating podcast with Brian Atlas.  It’s recently surged in popularity with viral clips online.  In general, this podcast is very low consciousness.  Its main purpose seems to be bringing women on and trying to make them look dumb while spreading red pill ideology.  However, they have guests with a wide variety of opinions, so there will occasionally be a worthwhile discussion.

5:34:12 is when Leo is brought up.

I think that Leo would have much more important things to spend his time on.  However, it did occur to me that going on would be a chance to share better perspectives with a large, misguided audience.  This type of content online does seem to be sending a segment of young men in a bad direction.

What? Someone makes longer videos than me??

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

Did you watched 5 hours+ of this trash?

I don't know if watching it for 5hours+ or someone giving a 20$superchat to bring in leo gura to that show is trash?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

Did you watched 5 hours+ of this trash?

@Recursoinominado Unfortunately yes, at double speed while falling asleep.  In general I enjoy debates, even though this was pretty low quality.  The issues being discussed do have societal implications that are worth thinking about though.

@bmcnicho

3 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

It’s called the Whatever Dating podcast with Brian Atlas.  It’s recently surged in popularity with viral clips online.  In general, this podcast is very low consciousness.  Its main purpose seems to be bringing women on and trying to make them look dumb while spreading red pill ideology.  However, they have guests with a wide variety of opinions, so there will occasionally be a worthwhile discussion.

5:34:12 is when Leo is brought up.

I think that Leo would have much more important things to spend his time on.  However, it did occur to me that going on would be a chance to share better perspectives with a large, misguided audience.  This type of content online does seem to be sending a segment of young men in a bad direction.

Do you think Leo Gura should or shouldn't go on? IMO not worth it.

Approximately how big is this segment of the online young male population, in the online content world, that this red pill ideology dating podcast is sending them in the wrong direction?

Agree, very likely Leo Gura has WAY BETTER THINGS TO DO than to indirectly promote red pill dumpster fires, so adopting the Sam Harris strategy of just ignoring certain public figures or platforms is the way to go, for example when Sam Harris refuses to debate or discuss with Eric Weinstein for his shitty covid-19 takes and conspiracy theories. However, given the delays of videos and blog post updates, or booklist updates, what do you think is Leo Gura doing currently other then making videos?

In what ratio do you roughly guess here, of occasional guests with interesting and different perspective : mostly garbage red pill ideology and victim blaming women?

Just curious, were you the guy that super chat the Leo Gura?

Edited by Danioover9000

@Danioover9000 No, the super chat was someone else.

I guess my wording was unclear.  I think Leo going on would hypothetically be a good thing, but probably not be worth the opportunity cost compared to what he would otherwise spend that time doing.

I don’t necessarily think that going on a bad platform promotes it.  The podcast already has 4 million subscribers and hundreds of thousands of views per episode, so as a guest you’d also be exposing that audience to you.

The streamer Destiny was a guest a couple weeks ago, and he provided good pushback to a lot of the bad points.  I think it would be hypothetically interesting, because in my opinion Leo would have better points and could potentially be more persuasive than Destiny.

The panels usually have 7 to 10 people, and usually only about 1 or 2 are worth listening to, point taken.

The red pill stuff seems to be pretty massive online, and it’s part of a larger right wing movement.  I guess I don’t know exactly what percent of guys are falling for it, but it’s definitely worth taking seriously.

@bmcnicho

46 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

@Danioover9000 No, the super chat was someone else.

I guess my wording was unclear.  I think Leo going on would hypothetically be a good thing, but probably not be worth the opportunity cost compared to what he would otherwise spend that time doing.

I don’t necessarily think that going on a bad platform promotes it.  The podcast already has 4 million subscribers and hundreds of thousands of views per episode, so as a guest you’d also be exposing that audience to you.

The streamer Destiny was a guest a couple weeks ago, and he provided good pushback to a lot of the bad points.  I think it would be hypothetically interesting, because in my opinion Leo would have better points and could potentially be more persuasive than Destiny.

The panels usually have 7 to 10 people, and usually only about 1 or 2 are worth listening to, point taken.

The red pill stuff seems to be pretty massive online, and it’s part of a larger right wing movement.  I guess I don’t know exactly what percent of guys are falling for it, but it’s definitely worth taking seriously.

I guess I don't take the red pill ideology seriously, they're garbage and anyone with common sense will know me included how dumb they are. Bunch of BETA MALES!

Even if panels usually have 7-10, 1-2 more worth listening, what does Leo Gura have to gain fighting with pigs?

You mean the sexual abuser Destiny Epstein? How does giving good pushback to a lot of bad points have to do with Leo Gura coming on? What does better arguing and debating, persuasion and charisma and trying to convince and manipulate audiences have to do with TRUTH, CONSCIOUSNESS AND LOVE? I assume Leo Gura could debate philosophical and can debate, but comparing him to Destiny Epstein and his 12+ years of debating and manipulating isn't a fair comparison because Leo Gura's philosophical debates happen in the real world, while Destiny is in the fantasy internet world.

What do you mean not necessarily promote red pill ideology on a bad platform? What does subscription count and views have to do with quality of content? 

Can you elaborate on the hypothetical of Leo Gura going on being a good thing? how would that be good? Also what opportunity cost?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

You mean the sexual abuser Destiny Epstein?

Lol, are you a Mr. Girl fan?  That’s the only place I’ve heard that from.  As far as I know none of that was credible.

Hypothetically the benefit would be that Leo could give more nuanced, high consciousness perspectives on these topics to a large audience that particularly needs to have better views on these things.

@bmcnicho

10 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

Lol, are you a Mr. Girl fan?  That’s the only place I’ve heard that from.  As far as I know none of that was credible.

Hypothetically the benefit would be that Leo could give more nuanced, high consciousness perspectives on these topics to a large audience that particularly needs to have better views on these things.

If I answered 'yes I'm a fan' does that negate my point? If I answered 'no, I'm not a fan of Mr. Girl' or a soft 'well, a little bit of a fan', does that negate my point?

Yes, in that space I was in Destiny is called sexual abuser, I just added the Epstein part because both Destiny and Jeffrey Epstein have charisma, charm, rhetoric, and manipulation skills that mostly make anyone with a different bias or opposite bias look bad and wrong, regardless of how truthful those other perspectives are versus Destiny's. There's surely an abusive power dynamic and power structure he plays into with his higher status as the 12+ streamer/debater of the debate bro sphere, arguing and debating politics in mostly a drama creating ways while farming hate and drama, he uses that to lure in potential young female streamers into his orbit and mind fucks them with guilt and shame and other manipulative tactics via his logos and pathos, using his position to attract them, and sexting to hopefully fuck them behind the scenes. How do you know it isn't that credible? After all if you looked at the bigger picture, and saw what high status male celebrities and males of higher positions did in the past, and pattern matched to Destiny's, you'll see a very convincing pattern of mental abuse, won't you?

Sure, maybe Leo Gura can give a more nuanced complex perspective on dating, relationships and even sex in that podcast, but are you factoring for ideology of the red pill, and when in some parts of that discussion it could get heated and they start feeling defensive? The larger audience in that sphere is probably not ready nor interested in entertaining different viewpoints to their ideology.

@Leo Gura

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What? Someone makes longer videos than me??

Making podcast videos with multiple participants is still way different from one person being vulnerable fron of camera talking non stop about high quality stuff. Would be fun to see how red pill people take in your views. Ask myron from FreshandFit to take you in to talk 1 on 1 or with the girls so we could see how 2 different perspectives could merge together. I believe you could see potentiality to show how seemigly separate things actually share common ground when introspected to the essence level. It could be chance for you to gain more things to think about of human self-deception. Maybe that could give you some interesting views for future videos such as In Depth Guide To Unite Different Worldviews or Understanding Sexuality - Attraction, Biology & Value Explained.

-joNi-

Edited by Kksd74628

Who told you that "others" are real?