Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evilwave Heddy

Shower Thought

14 posts in this topic

Had this shower thought a few minutes ago about my niece and nephew who came to visit a few days ago.  What I noticed was that they were completely consumed by their phones and tablets.  My brother stayed around for about 3 hours and the entire time they were playing games and watching videos.  They would occasionally talk to each other but then they'd go straight back to playing games.  I told my brother about how weird it was that they were so consumed by this technology.  They were completely immersed in it that when I'd ask them something they wouldn't even realize I was talking to them.  My brother however laughed at this and said "Well it keeps them quite doesn't it?".

While having my shower I was just wondering if most kids nowadays are like this?  Is it their parents fault for having them like this?  Is it a good or bad thing?

The only good I got from it is that they might stumble upon videos like Leos when they get older and sprout from there...also they might be more technically minded in the future.

The bad though is less communication and bad health.  (I could probably add more but my shower wasn't that long) lol

I remember a time when I was completely consumed by my xbox but this was later on in my teens so I was kind of in a similar situation...but at such a young age? 3 and 5.  Can this be good or bad for humanity in the future if the majority of kids were like this?  And like I pointed out before, is there a possibility that this could be beneficial to their minds as they could eventually stumble upon enlightenment etc. (I know at such a young age they wouldn't be able to comprehend it...but who knows.)

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

This is the exact same scenario at my place, my brother and my parents and even me, we all are obsessed with our cellphones and the Internet especially. And not just my place but literally everywhere. 

When I first had this realisation, it almost disgusted me for now I could see that I was using Internet and tech as a sedative, a distraction of course and a way to avoid emotional labor.

The trick is in developing full consciousness I guess. Majority of the Internet is pointless, complete nonsense and is TOXIC. Funny how it was only today that I was listening to Leo's video on ways society fuc* s you. He in fact talks about similar situation, more like in the broader sense. If you haven't watched the video, you definitely should. It talks a lot about our chimp behaviour.

a similar thread -

i grew up this way, spending the most of my childhood/adolescence alone playing video games and consuming information from internet

whatever i like to search i simply look for it -not really deep look on, but it was a way of intrinsically conscious growing, experiencing life as a conscious and not trying to be somebody 

i want to say there is no right thing to do

while they were happy enjoying this videogames you were just projecting you in them

and so i want to you follow my path, sharing with them your enthusiasm for the world

they want to love everything about this world you just only need to care a bit

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

10 hours ago, Vingger said:

they want to love everything about this world you just only need to care a bit

Seems like they are more interested in the virtual world.

There are different ways of experiencing life and virtual is one of them. If a child is always in the virtual world he/she will miss out on things in the 'real' world. If he/she is always in the real world they will miss out on virtual things. It's all about balance right..

@Orange "Oh no, I forgot to log in for my daily rewards today" :$ 

@see_on_see I guess you're right.  I bet I was sucked in by the T.V when I was younger.  It just feels like tablets and phones can consume you even more than regular old t.v

I would love to see a day of complete disconnection of all electronics.

My sister would explode while i would be smiling in silence listening to the beauty of nature.

einsteintechquote2.jpg

B R E A T H E

On 17/03/2017 at 10:34 AM, Evilwave Heddy said:

While having my shower I was just wondering if most kids nowadays are like this?  Is it their parents fault for having them like this?  Is it a good or bad thing?

It seems more like a way of not having to engage with their kids. It's like people want children, but then don't want the hassle of attending to them, so they 'keep them quiet' with some distraction like a tablet or video game. And we wonder why society is going the way it is..

I personally think it is a bad thing. It's not conducive to people living in the 'real' world. Nowadays everyone wants to hide from reality with their headphones on and their phone in their hands, away in their own private bubble. It must be so alien to people if they are standing in the street and they were to take off their headphones and actually...be present.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

On 3/17/2017 at 6:34 AM, Evilwave Heddy said:

Had this shower thought a few minutes ago about my niece and nephew who came to visit a few days ago.  What I noticed was that they were completely consumed by their phones and tablets.  My brother stayed around for about 3 hours and the entire time they were playing games and watching videos.  They would occasionally talk to each other but then they'd go straight back to playing games.  I told my brother about how weird it was that they were so consumed by this technology.  They were completely immersed in it that when I'd ask them something they wouldn't even realize I was talking to them.  My brother however laughed at this and said "Well it keeps them quite doesn't it?".

The only good I got from it is that they might stumble upon videos like Leos when they get older and sprout from there...also they might be more technically minded in the future.

The bad though is less communication and bad health.  (I could probably add more but my shower wasn't that long) lol

I remember a time when I was completely consumed by my xbox but this was later on in my teens so I was kind of in a similar situation...but at such a young age? 3 and 5.  Can this be good or bad for humanity in the future if the majority of kids were like this?  And like I pointed out before, is there a possibility that this could be beneficial to their minds as they could eventually stumble upon enlightenment etc. (I know at such a young age they wouldn't be able to comprehend it...but who knows.)

As a parent, I can tell you that this is terrifying. Technology is very addictive and can stunt psychological development in children if overused. It will be very difficult for children who are constantly plugged in to break the addiction to technology. Television has had a similar effect, but the internet is far more addictive. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 3/20/2017 at 10:54 AM, pluto said:

I would love to see a day of complete disconnection of all electronics.

My sister would explode while i would be smiling in silence listening to the beauty of nature.

I would enjoy that day very much.

There are lots of academic research being done on this problem and all of the results suggest that situation is worst than it seems.

And one of the main problems in this "modern addiction" situation is,it is being controlled by Money!big money! and I dont think that its going to change in future,it might just get worst.

I think its parents responsibility to observe the environment that their children are growing up in.But again the problem is,lots of young parents have these problems their own too.

I believe it will change, as long as we keep sharing and spreading the love and truth. It has no other option but to blossom and multiply.

B R E A T H E

children and babies are a tons more enlightened then their parents.
If children prefer to play on their tablets then talk to us then we should take a look at ourselves.
Do we have enough love in us when we talk to them?or we do talk to them merely to get something out of them?
Children love nothing more then to play but if there's no one round that wants to play with they'll do their own thing. 

It's yet another ego thing to look at the state of our children, and dare to blame them.
''this generation is awful'' , how long has this stuff been sprouted been? Since the time of Plato. 

children are exceptional learners, they pick up on every idea and condition, the deepest subconscious beliefs of their parents. There are no secrets. Children are educated with your entire view of the world. If someone thinks they can keep a secret from a child they are ignorant. your kid will know exactly everything you think about the world through your energy waves.That's real education, education is done on energy level, not rules and punishment. 
everyone's heart is naked to those who are enlightened.

Babies come to this world they are the most enlightened beings, so pure, so innocent, full of happiness and love, pick up on all the awful stuff in society and the world and grow rebellious, grow different then their parents, because they have to overcome the pains of their parents.
But this is all ok, it's how it's supposed to play out. 

But one has to be able to not fall into the ego-trap of looking at the most innocent beings in the world and blame them for how they adapt to the mixed energies of society. 

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Arkandeus Yeah, they may be enlightened...for a year even less.  Then they get sucked into a world that doesn't exist. (Virtual world)  Then advertisements in this virtual world makes them want it in the real world.  They are then far from enlightened, and this can be by the age of 2 in some cases.