Bob Seeker

Scared post shrooms trip

9 posts in this topic

I took my first big dose of shrooms 1 month ago.

On and off I’ve been having less interest in talking with people and laughing at their jokes. I enjoy my own sense of humor less too. The things others say can seem so useless to me, like pure blabbermouthery.

I visited my kooky relatives yesterday and I felt like I was sat at the lunch table at an insane asylum. It was overwhelming. I kept leaving the table in desperation. People noticed my distant attitude.

Recently when I’m going to sleep my closed eyes visuals are much more intense and can be trip like, and my dreams are more vivid.

The other day I watched a series of auto-biographical YT videos of a guy who did DMT and it triggered psychosis in him and now a few years later he is full blown schizophrenic and living in pure constant hell and may have recently killed himself.

The past few days it seems like my reality is getting looser and more open, and my sense of self a bit different and I’m understandably very scared, especially knowing there is nothing solid preventing me from going insane.

I have been up at night with a ton of fear, and unable to be productive. Luckily I have had no waking delusions or hallucinations, but I’m still scared about the possibility of going schizophrenic or insane in the future. It is one of my worst fears.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Is there a question somewhere? Or just sharing?

I just think it’s the biggest mind fear when confronted with deep spiritual work and especially psychedelics. 
You (mind)are/is holding the grip from a place of safety for your usual daily structured reality. When things start to shake a bit fear enters and will make everything to stay in the safe place. I would just practice no resistance to the fear of insanity and the different sensations you experienced  maybe behind lies the golden treasure. 

I'm sorry You're struggling right now. But have faith it's going to get better, because it will. :)

You're gonna pull through dude. You have it in You!

5 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

there is nothing solid preventing me from going insane.

Well, if it is any consolation, that ^^^ is not exactly true, is it? Psyche has INCREDIBLE, gigantic, insurmountable inertia. If you've been mentally stable prior to that heroic dose - you will be stable again, if you just continue with your life and all the "human stuff". They do say that "a man who once tried shrooms will forever remain a man who once tried shrooms", but it's not the end of the world. It'll work out, give it time.

Be in nature. Get natural light. Drink water, exercise, eat healthy, rest, sleep, set a sleep schedule with day and night hours, take vitamins, breathe deeply, socialize, do charity, practice gratitude, stay away from philosophy or deep existential thoughts, maybe stay away from these types of message boards, keep things simple, rejoin humanity, be mundane, try to appreciate the simple life, be patient, pray, cut out sugar, salt, and caffeine, get sober, take a break from drugs, etc.

@Bob Seeker Take some antipsychotics if you feel uncomfortable. They will stabilize your mind. Try amsulpride, it is safe and doesn't induce sedation. I don't think you need a doctor perscribtion for it in most countries.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

I'll share a solution later if you are interested.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.