Vajra

Challenge: Give me your description of Reality

73 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Water by the River said:

How about considering the context of the statement of Boddhidharma, to highlight that the Absolute is always right here (by definition), in all ordinariness also?

How about considering the context of my statement to highlight that there is a Consciousness way beyond the right here?

The Boddhidharma statement is so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. My statement on the other hand...

;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No idea.

But my personal opinion about it is that it's strange and mysterious.

Every "theory" about reality has its problems.

@UnbornTao

12 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

@Water by the River I've got to be honest, I now find your long responses annoying. You cite too much external quotes and sources. Let the river reveal itself from time to time. :D 

Gotta work on my shorter responses & revealing the real river sometimes...

Whaddayasay? How much of that (9_9 above) can humanity actually endure? ;)

Rumours have it that Water by the River will be promoted degraded to court fool [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jester]: With the licence for some Ancient Greek comedy [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_comedy] and Kabuki. The only one at court that it save from instant-execution for blasphemy and lèse-majesty (like in, execution of the court fool would be a bit against conventions, poor guy only doing its job, so not so cool...), but has to wear "brightly colored clothes and eccentric hats" while doing so. 

@Bazooka Jesus will consult me on the compilation of the new jester-dress, for sure.

Water by the River

reality is limitless. since there are no limits automatically the absolute total infinity is. everything, absolutely, is, unfathomable and alive. and that is you. mysterious? It can be, but it is impossible for it to be otherwise, since there can be no limits. It is not empty, ordinary, nothing. it is everything, it is sacred, it is free, it is wonder and it is life. obvious, since it is everything. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

22 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Rumours have it that Water by the River will be promoted degraded to court fool [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jester]: With the licence for some Ancient Greek comedy [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_comedy] and Kabuki. The only one at court that it save from instant-execution for blasphemy and lèse-majesty (like in, execution of the court fool would be a bit against conventions, poor guy only doing its job, so not so cool...), but has to wear "brightly colored clothes and eccentric hats" while doing so. 

@Bazooka Jesus will consult me on the compilation of the new jester-dress, for sure.

Water by the River

What, you wanna take over my job??? ?

Well, maybe it's better if I pass the baton on to His Outrageousness. In all honesty, I feel like maybe it's time for another break... for the sake of my own sanity as well as the sanity of others. Let's see if I have enough discipline to actually go through with it.

Vaya con Dios! ✌️

Why so serious?

11 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

@Water by the River (No more) water by the river. ;) 

Agreed. LD50 of H2O is 90g/kg.

So, its deadly after more than 2 days without, but also gets annoying in too high doses. Same on this side over here.

Luckily, the noisy little watery bug comes with an offswitch.

Hope my kind of humor is not too annoying. Yours truly at least is more annonyed by serious preaching without any self-irony. And you know, somehow gotta tell the gospel.

But like I wrote before, too much sand&sweat&blood while acting in these kind of movies.... and the role is already taken by another actor.

Anyway, I hear ya! :)

Water by the River

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How about considering the context of my statement to highlight that there is a Consciousness way beyond the right here?

Careful, the "B" word is quite triggering for certain GQs tumbling through the corridors of the dungeon.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Water by the River said:

But like I wrote before, too much sand&sweat&blood while acting in these kind of movies....

To appreciate the best movie of all time, you have to see more deeply, beyond the sand, sweat and blood, to the absolute love within the character, despite whatever armor it may be wearing.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

4 hours ago, Water by the River said:

Liked your post btw. Smart & cool and in style. So, since we have made it (maybe ;)) out of the negging phase with the profanity, let's dance!

Infinite pegging with YOURSELF baby 

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The Boddhidharma statement is so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. My statement on the other hand...

;)

YES! That statement is so much more radical indeed. I was contemplating just that on a recent psilocybin trip.

What we take for granted is so magical. Vision and color are magical as fuck!!! I closed my eyes and imagined I was a blind man who could see for the first time in his life. The entire universe of vision opening up to a blind man. It's not ordinary it's INFINITE FUCKING MAGIC!

And that's just 1 "ordinary" sense opening up an entire infinite universe of vision. Just as hearing opens up an infinite universe of sound and music.

Then imagine infinitely more senses just as profound and more than vision and hearing...Couldn't do that with my mind but could imagine Consciousness being "capable" of imagining that.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

New insight:

Holy SHEET… I’m imagining ALL of this!!!

Also…

Absolute rules are for ignorant fools.

But there’s no doubt that the absolute rules 

;)

Edited by Yimpa

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

To appreciate the best movie of all time, you have to see more deeply, beyond the sand, sweat and blood, to the absolute love within the character, despite whatever armor it may be wearing.

Very true.

Love your comments, metaphors, pictures and film recommendations by the way. They really enrich the forum.

GQs tumbling in the dungeon. :D

The poor chap caught in the slimy cube.

And your way of highlighting the obvious and less than obvious things.

And Russell doing the: "Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained ?!" :)

What a marvelous collection of ladies and gentlemen in this forum! Each and every one playing its unique role.

Water by the River

58 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

What a marvelous collection of ladies and gentlemen in this forum! Each and every one playing its unique role.

Back at you, especially the reader's digest version, solely because I can't help reading the entire treatise otherwise, and my eyes aren't getting any younger ?

Despite their intimidating battlecries in the arena, even gladiators are absolutely silent, if you can just convince them to lay down the sword and look within. Who is there to entertain again?

Infinite Dream... ! ♾️ ? 

Edited by tuku747