Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

Philanthropy? Also engineering is boring AF

3 posts in this topic

Hi! I am trying to do philanthropy as a key pillar in my life purpose. I also want to do engineering, but only because it is economical and pays the bills. I personally like math and physics. I can see god in physics and I would like a job where you do theoretical/ conceptual work but I am stuck with engineering as it is economical and ties into my life purpose. I only have 7 years of life left as I am going to die soon, but would like to smash it out the park with my life purpose.

Question is if there are any jobs that only need 1 or 2 years to get educated and work that involve just math/phyiscs?

Otherwise I have to do a 1 year civil engineering certificate which is boring AF in my opinion. 

Thank you all!! 

(Also thank you to leo gura for so many times in helping me in this life)

Edited by JevinR

1 hour ago, JevinR said:

I only have 7 years of life left as I am going to die soon, but would like to smash it out the park with my life purpose.

If you genuinely only have 7 years left on this earth, dont spend them chasing certificates that make "economical sense." Do what you truly desire right now

I'm an undergrad getting a degree in physics and math. I'm sorry to say that it takes longer that 1 or 2 years to get to a point where you can do physics professionally even if you are some kind of super mega genius. I think that shouldn't stop you though if that's really what you want to do. Learning math and physics is very rewarding in its own right even if you don't get to a point where you have mastered it. I don't know what kind of financial obligations you have, but I would recommend enrolling in a university and participating in a research lab if you want to work in physics. You could probably make some good contributions to science within 7 years.

Unless you find some super quick way to make lots of money, the only way you could do philanthropy is to do volunteer work or something of the like. In my personal experience this is much more satisfying than donating money.