r0ckyreed

I’m Too Ambitious and Adventurous To Meditate

100 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

Well, just don't limit yourself artificially.

When You awaken You die, but then You are reborn - wiser, more authentic, more sincere, more motivated and connected to what You really want. At least from My experience, awakening is CRUCIAL for building a healthy ego.

To be honest, I find this talk about "being too young for awakening" or "not ready" complete bullshit. I am so fucking grateful I am doing this work at a young age. Just 2 days ago I died and was reborn (again) and I'm the happiest and healthiest mentally I've ever been. I'm so motivated to do everyday work, study for college, read books, etc. - nothing can stop Me. I personally think that the sooner You awaken the better - but approach it wisely of course, don't slack off on work / studying and other things.

Be careful because "I am not ready" may just be another dumb story You're spinning to keep yourself asleep for no reason. But only You can know whether it's true or not. I'm just telling You My perspective on the issue.

Hi

Can you give an example of an achievement, "eurêka", that would have improved your well-being?

If you don't mind

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Siddhartha wasn't a Buddhist, Vyasa wasn't a Hindu, and Jesus wasn't a Christian.

The inward journey requires surrendering all beliefs, to become small enough to pass through the gate of the absolute. Only then will you directly realize god.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

All of Buddhism, its practices and its attainments, is a fantasy, a dream imagined in the mind of GOD. It is possible to awaken so deeply that you will realize how silly and imaginary Buddhism is, and enlightenment, and the insanely deep dogma behind it and all nondual teachings.

No human teaching that I have ever encountered properly captures God-Realization. None of them.

All of Buddhism is a dream and no Buddhist comprehends this, even though they think they do, they don't. It is yet another religion/cult invented by very ignorant humans.

They do at the time of conception. If I write a book, after a page is done, much of it is already flawed. Growth happens as we observe things. The problem(s) are how often the teachings are adapted and by whom. Additionally how restrictive people are to adapting their lives or connections to an ever-changing matrix of realities, rather than a singular truth. Which I believe you touch on in your videos, and is why many religious or spiritual practices lag or drag behind.

Even if I sit there and try to let the absolute consciousness act for me to greater degrees, its going to come out more in patterns or often seemingly random acts that I might not understand in the moment, certainly not if its intended for something great than this identity sitting here typing it.

Buddhism as a symbol or nexus cuts through a billion different realities, in a billion different ways. With many billions of connections, relationships or references to or with it. Who is to say that it isn't exactly what it needs to be, exactly now? Its inspired you to type this for example, and its inspired me to reflect on what you typed, forming different references, and relationships to the material within my perceived reality.

10 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Hi

Can you give an example of an achievement, "eurêka", that would have improved your well-being?

If you don't mind

I'm not sure what You're asking.

1 hour ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura What would you say of Sadhguru's teachings? Do you view those in the same regard as Buddhism?

I don't really know what Sadhguru teaches since most of his advanced teachings are secret.

His public teachings are pretty shallow and don't explain much about reality. Mostly what he teaches is a set of practices that you must dogmatically follow and never question or experiment with. To me this is antithetical to serious truth-seeking and there's zero guarantee you'll have any deep or accurate understanding of reality at the end of that path. There's no way to know where all that yoga will take you in the end.

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura So was Siddhartha Gautama himself not an awakened being?

It's the wrong question, since he is imaginary.

59 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

@Leo Gura I think it’s insanely difficult to create a philosophy/practice/spiritual movement that is extremely PURE who express TRUTH/GOD-REALIZATION in all its essence.

Do you consider reaching an extreme purification to create that PURE way of expressing TRUTH/GOD-REALIZATION?

It's not a function of being pure, it's a function of the states of consciousness you access. You can be as pure as you want but if you don't access the right states you will simply not be conscious of what consciousness is capable of. Conversely, you can be impure but still access the right states and therefore understand God more deeply than a saint. Only a moderate level of purity is needed to access the highest states, not anything close to perfect purity. So focusing too much on purity is not a gaurantee either. You could just waste your life chasing that silly ideal.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I'm not sure what You're asking.

You explained that you had a noticeable improvement in your well-being after waking up, probably on some kind of psychedelic.

I was wondering if this awakening had allowed you to settle some burden in your paradigm, or if it was just some euphoric state, a random high, especially some days after a trip.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Awakening is realization, and enlightenment is integration, which allows you to remain awake.

You can awaken in an instant, and sink deeper into absolute realization the rest of your life. Purity isn't a prerequisite for awakening, but is the final form state within the dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All of Buddhism, its practices and its attainments, is a fantasy, a dream imagined in the mind of GOD. It is possible to awaken so deeply that you will realize how silly and imaginary Buddhism is, and enlightenment, and the insanely deep dogma behind it and all nondual teachings.

No human teaching that I have ever encountered properly captures God-Realization. None of them.

All of Buddhism is a dream and no Buddhist comprehends this, even though they think they do, they don't. It is yet another religion/cult invented by very ignorant humans.

@Leo Gura Do you consider it's still useful to study Buddhism/Hinduism etc for spiritual growth-sake?

2 hours ago, BlueOak said:

You could be an Adventurous Meditator. 
I used to think the spiritual experiences were a great adventure. They can still be fun.

Part of meditation is getting a headstart on your day with intent, its you letting YOU arrange the day before you begin. Its also taking minutes in the middle of a hectic schedule to settle the mind/body/spirit. Some of the most successful people out there have a small amount of downtime mid-day. The mind needs space to organize, if its rush rush rush, then there is no structure or organization.

I totally agree. I see my hikes in nature as a meditation. I don’t need to sit down for one hour to empty my mind. I only need 5-10 minutes a day of that. But most of the time, I am just observing and contemplating whenever and wherever I can. I value adventure and you could call that a meditation. But I don’t. I just call it mindfulness adventure.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

It is so obvious to me that Buddhism is an ideology. But it wasn’t until after I deeply questioned it. Thank you Jed McKenna. It’s just another authority game. If you take Buddhism teachings to its fullest, the attachment to the label and philosophy of Buddhism is also let go of. No true Buddhist would identify as a Buddhist because that becomes another attachment lol. You can see the circular reasoning there. But it’s funny because The Buddha is so worshipped in those communities, and they are attached to that authority figure.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a function of being pure, it's a function of the states of consciousness you access. You can be as pure as you want but if you don't access the right states you will simply not be conscious of what consciousness is capable of. Conversely, you can be impure but still access the right states and therefore understand God more deeply than a saint. Only a moderate level of purity is needed to access the highest states, not anything close to perfect purity. So focusing too much on purity is not a gaurantee either. You could just waste your life chasing that silly ideal.

I got it ?

There’s no formula… 

You have to experiment and go balls to the walls…

3 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Do you consider it's still useful to study Buddhism/Hinduism etc for spiritual growth-sake?

It can be useful, until you outgrow it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Sincerity said:

To be honest, I find this talk about "being too young for awakening" or "not ready" complete bullshit. I am so fucking grateful I am doing this work at a young age. Just 2 days ago I died and was reborn (again) and I'm the happiest and healthiest mentally I've ever been. I'm so motivated to do everyday work, study for college, read books, etc. - nothing can stop Me.

Just wait until you die while sitting in an university lecture trying to listen to what the teacher is saying ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

High concentration will make you learn much quicker, perform better in business, need less sleep and generally become a much more effective human. That should be enough motivation for an ambitious person.

You have to do it without back support and it has to be at least 90 minutes (or something like that). Preferably in a single session. Everyday.

You can feel like you're on something better than modafinil 24/7 and that's not even the high end. That's like 1% of where 2 hours a day can get you in the long term.

I'm getting to a point where I can't meditate in the morning because the states I reach would be too high to function properly. So I do a session before sleep instead.

Edited by Michal__

35 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

High concentration will make you learn much quicker, perform better in business, need less sleep and generally become a much more effective human. That should be enough motivation for an ambitious person.

You have to do it without back support and it has to be at least 90 minutes (or something like that). Preferably in a single session. Everyday.

You can feel like you're on something better than modafinil 24/7 and that's not even the high end. That's like 1% of where 2 hours a day can get you in the long term.

I'm getting to a point where I can't meditate in the morning because the states I reach would be too high to function properly. So I do a session before sleep instead.

teach us master

@Leo Gura

His public teachings are pretty shallow and don't explain much about reality. Mostly what he teaches is a set of practices that you must dogmatically follow and never question or experiment with. To me this is antithetical to serious truth-seeking and there's zero guarantee you'll have any deep or accurate understanding of reality at the end of that path. There's no way to know where all that yoga will take you in the end.

Aren't those shallow (by your standards) practices used to get oneself into a condition where he or she is more ready for higher things? 

What I don't understand about your position that Buddhism or some other teachings are bullshit is that, aren't those helpful in bringing a human to a level where he's more comfortable or ready with the more radical and deeper teachings you suggest? 

Can a normal person start listening to your deepest teachings and use those without gradually prepping himself? 

Aren't the teachings kind of like school grades? If one wants to handle high school, he should first graduate middle school first, right?  Is middle school "bullshit" relative to high school? yeah, but you also need that right? 

What am I missing here?

I guess your point is that people get stuck in middle school their whole lives. And we should avoid that.

16 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

You explained that you had a noticeable improvement in your well-being after waking up, probably on some kind of psychedelic.

I was wondering if this awakening had allowed you to settle some burden in your paradigm, or if it was just some euphoric state, a random high, especially some days after a trip.

My mind was shattered and then reborn in a healthier form. Yes, some "long-term issues" in my attitude towards reality were corrected - if that's what You're asking.

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Just wait until you die while sitting in an university lecture trying to listen to what the teacher is saying ?

I'll gladly die no matter the circumstances. ;)

37 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I'll gladly die no matter the circumstances. ;)

It's fun chasing death, but when death is chasing you, shit gets real ☺️

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

53 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's fun chasing death, but when death is chasing you, shit gets real ☺️

I experienced this to a degree in 2022 for months along with panic attacks. Scary then, but quite a fun memory now. I really thought I was going to die, I wrote goodbye letters to my loved ones haha.

I just love the smell of fear.

Edited by Sincerity